Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Sanchez Drill" - Could it be the coddling is finally over?

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    How many games ??. 30 -35 maybe . That equates to about 1 fumble per game for Geno , a problem given his Edward midgethands.

The drill was obviously designed and intended for both QB's , a result of a true QB coach doing his job - finally.
    I'm just comparing his turnover numbers with Mark's... Don't know the numbers but I'd bet he probably had more snaps last year in college than Sanchez has had in 4 years.

I have ZERO confidence that Sanchez can correct ANYTHING re his soul sucking turnovers.

We'll see if Geno can get it done... If he can play even average that would be better than what Sanchez can do and I'd put money on us having a better record than last year.

Oh, and very happy we finally have some real coaches around the QB position

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I'm just comparing his turnover numbers with Mark's... Don't know the numbers but I'd bet he probably had more snaps last year in college than Sanchez has had in 4 years.

I have ZERO confidence that Sanchez can correct ANYTHING re his soul sucking turnovers.

We'll see if Geno can get it done... If he can play even average that would be better than what Sanchez can do and I'd put money on us having a better record than last year.

Oh, and very happy we finally have some real coaches around the QB position
    You're not comparing the same things. Geno lost 32 FUMBLES in college.... you said that Sanchez has that many TURNOVERS every year. It's misleading..... as Sanchez has never come close to that many FUMBLES in a year.

"it doesn't come naturally to Sanchez." ...I'm tired of hearing this about him...or by having a competition for QB is "lighting the fire under Sanchez"...

After 50+ turnovers the past two seasons he shouldn't need competition to light a fire under him, he's supposed to be a professional....and it is obvious that it doesn't come naturally....shouldn't he himself have realized this a little sooner and started forcing himself to hold onto the damm ball???

Sanchez hasn't been coddled for a long time now. They coddled him in his first two seasons and at least a portion of 2011, but not since then.

The CS was expecting Sanchez to grow into his surroundings and raise the level of talent on the field. The very second they took the handcuffs off him, he's been a complete failure.

I've heard all the arguments that they left him with sh*t for talent around him recently. Even in that case, he should have shown at least something. Some sort of control of the offense, a sense of leadership, some glimpses of overcoming his past downfalls, etc.

He has not shown ANYTHING along those lines.

That tells you, especially after 4 seasons in the league, that your is DONE. Stick a fork in Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    You're not comparing the same things. Geno lost 32 FUMBLES in college.... you said that Sanchez has that many TURNOVERS every year. It's misleading..... as Sanchez has never come close to that many FUMBLES in a year.
    Yeah, true.

Hopefully he can get it handled. I don't think Sanchez can fix anything at this point... He's had WAY more time than he deserves for his piss poor play and same habitual mistakes.

The kid can throw a nice pass though, and he looks to understand where to put the ball for his receivers.
    Sanchez has a knack for making it look like the receivers almost have to fall backwards and snag the ball from the Defenders an awful lot.
    Even his receptions look like INT's most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sanchez hasn't been coddled for a long time now. They coddled him in his first two seasons and at least a portion of 2011, but not since then.

The CS was expecting Sanchez to grow into his surroundings and raise the level of talent on the field. The very second they took the handcuffs off him, he's been a complete failure.

I've heard all the arguments that they left him with sh*t for talent around him recently. Even in that case, he should have shown at least something. Some sort of control of the offense, a sense of leadership, some glimpses of overcoming his past downfalls, etc.

He has not shown ANYTHING along those lines.

That tells you, especially after 4 seasons in the league, that your is DONE. Stick a fork in Sanchez.
    Do you really believe that statement. That the Jets coaching staff took the handcuffs off Sanchez and then he floundered. Really

I ask what changed in 2011/2012? The big change was that the primary focus of the Jets offense ( running the ball) became ineffective. The offensive staff due had no clue how to adjust and the it was clearly evident that front office had no clue how to bolster the offensive side of the ball. Sure it may look like Sanchez had the handcuffs removed , but it was more like they put him out under center with handcuffs on.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Good. I want them both doing these drills. Geno lost 32 fumbles in college. Ball security is a major concern
    Where are you seeing 32 lost fumbles in college? He started 33 games in his career, so you're saying he lost a fumble a game?

Here is what I am seeing...

24 total fumbles and 11 lost

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...rpage/1700358/

huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC1834 View Post
    Where are you seeing 32 lost fumbles in college? He started 33 games in his career, so you're saying he lost a fumble a game?

huge difference
    THIS^^^

And he handled over 3000 snaps in his career. Thats 1 fumble for every 125 snaps. I think thats a pretty decent ratio.

huge difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    THIS^^^

And he handled over 3000 snaps in his career. Thats 1 fumble for every 125 snaps. I think thats a pretty decent ratio.
    Ah! Yes. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Do you really believe that statement. That the Jets coaching staff took the handcuffs off Sanchez and then he floundered. Really

I ask what changed in 2011/2012? The big change was that the primary focus of the Jets offense ( running the ball) became ineffective. The offensive staff due had no clue how to adjust and the it was clearly evident that front office had no clue how to bolster the offensive side of the ball. Sure it may look like Sanchez had the handcuffs removed , but it was more like they put him out under center with handcuffs on.
    Damn straight I do.

Schotty said even before the 2011 season began that the plan was to open things up for Sanchez. That it was time for him to flourish as a QB.

So what happened?

Well, he had two very bad picks in the Jacksonville game. Threw into triple coverage in the end zone in the Oakland game when we started that drive on the Oakland side of the field.

And it all went steadily downhill from there.

You saying they put him under center with handcuffs on is completely absurd.

ANY good QB is capable of raising the level of talent of the players playing around him. Sanchez NEVER did it. ANY good QB is capable of being accurate with the football. Sanchez accuracy has gotten progressively worse over the last two seasons.

Rex Ryan gave that turd anything that any young QB could have wished for or desired. In 2011, he decided it was time for Sanchez to grow up. To be a man. To do a LITTLE more with less.

Sanchez gave him absolutely NOTHING in return except for 52 turnovers in 2 seasons.

But I'm sure facts have no place with a Sanchez apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Damn straight I do.

Schotty said even before the 2011 season began that the plan was to open things up for Sanchez. That it was time for him to flourish as a QB.

So what happened?

Well, he had two very bad picks in the Jacksonville game. Threw into triple coverage in the end zone in the Oakland game when we started that drive on the Oakland side of the field.

And it all went steadily downhill from there.

You saying they put him under center with handcuffs on is completely absurd.

ANY good QB is capable of raising the level of talent of the players playing around him. Sanchez NEVER did it. ANY good QB is capable of being accurate with the football. Sanchez accuracy has gotten progressively worse over the last two seasons.

Rex Ryan gave that turd anything that any young QB could have wished for or desired. In 2011, he decided it was time for Sanchez to grow up. To be a man. To do a LITTLE more with less.

Sanchez gave him absolutely NOTHING in return except for 52 turnovers in 2 seasons.

But I'm sure facts have no place with a Sanchez apologist.
    Yeah Shotty said the plan was to open it up. But every time he tried Rex had a hissy fit and shut it down. Shotty had no control on O , it was the Rex G&P show.

It went steadily downhill when Mangold got hurt and the lack of Oline depth depth spelled doom for Rexy's G&P. In addition Sanchez took a pounding in several of those games and was undoubtedly playing hurt, no way Brunell was going in with that Oline - it would have been criminal.

Yes, Sanchez was supposed to make the Oline into something it wasn't capable of 1) opening holes for the run game 2) providing adequate protection for the passing game.

In 2011 Rex was stymied when his staple G&P stopped working , sure he was forced to pass more but not by design more so by desperation and in horrible situations 3rd and longs.

Everyone says it was time for the QB to carry the team , to work with less make chicken salad out of chicken **** , its what great QB's do. In reality it was time for our HC to show he was more than a one trick pony on O , to design and approve gameplans that helped his O become more balanced when it was obvious the run game flat out sucked. Instead he stuck to his plan and hung out the Jets Offense and the QB to dry. The running game got no better and Sanchez took an extreme beating. Sure Sanchez became a turnover machine and I partially blame him especially with the fumbling issues . The amazing thing is, despite all turnovers by Sanchez and the lack of run game and the crap oline , Sanchez accounted for 32 tds (26 passing 6 rushing) and for all intents and purposes kept the Jets playoff hopes alive.

If you want a real scapegoat look at the "dominant" Rex D, which let the Broncos and Tebow drive 98 yards to beat them and then the Giants game where Victor Cruz went 98 yards on a pass play to turn the tide.

So don't let facts get in the way of being a Rex apologist.

huge difference
    I'm a Geno fan, and 32 fumbles is the correct number. Your link only covers Geno's first 3 seasons at WV. huge difference

It's 32 fumbles according to this:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-geno-smith/

This also says it's 32 fumbles:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...03/4/index.htm

and this says 32 fumbles:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-qb-geno-smith

That said, I want Geno to win this competition outright.

All League

huge difference
    And 32 fumbles is too much, lost or not. They may not be recovered in this league. Like I said, the drill is good for both of them

And if Clyde Gates makes the roster that will tell you our offense will be a joke
    Yes. Thank you for posting this. 100% truth.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Apparently, even Sanchez is thankful that he's got coaches that attack his weaknesses and don't coddle him.

Despite all the **** fans gripe about on Sanchez, the one thing that remains true is the kid genuinely does want to get better. He just hasn't been able to with the slapdicks he's been surrounded with his first 4 years ... and I don't say that to imply it's all their fault, the reality is Sanchez has a low-ceiling, but the Jets lowered it further by surrounding him by boobs.
    Talk about "slapdicks" wait till massive tardholes like Mootles and Wet Nuts - who can't comprehend the meaning of "effective" or "ineffective" - read your post.

They'll argue superstar Holmes was solid gold for 3 years and put his heart & soul into every dogged route, wrong route, dropped ball, and crappy attitude he got paid obscene amounts for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Talk about "slapdicks" wait till massive tardholes like Mootles and Wet Nuts - who can't comprehend the meaning of "effective" or "ineffective" - read your post.

They'll argue superstar Holmes was solid gold for 3 years and put his heart & soul into every dogged route, wrong route, dropped ball, and crappy attitude he got paid obscene amounts for.
    Why the personal attacks?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Why the personal attacks?
    Says sg3.

Classic.

At least mine are perfectly legit.
    Last edited by jetrider; 06-23-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Apparently, even Sanchez is thankful that he's got coaches that attack his weaknesses and don't coddle him.

Despite all the **** fans gripe about on Sanchez, the one thing that remains true is the kid genuinely does want to get better. He just hasn't been able to with the slapdicks he's been surrounded with his first 4 years... and I don't say that to imply it's all their fault, the reality is Sanchez has a low-ceiling, but the Jets lowered it further by surrounding him by boobs.
    No, he couldn't because he sucked.

Only the delusional take the blame off the guy who threw the pick and put it on the coaches. Who apparently told Sanchez when in doubt either force it into the D, throw it to a defender or just throw it up for grabs. They coached him into waiting too long to throw the ball. They taught him in the use of drills to throw the ball to a WRs right, left, too high or too low. Taught him don't ever catch a WR in stride, throw him the ball late, right as hes about to get crushed and is defenseless.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No, he couldn't because he sucked.

Only the delusional take the blame off the guy who threw the pick and put it on the coaches. Who apparently told Sanchez when in doubt either force it into the D, throw it to a defender or just throw it up for grabs. They coached him into waiting too long to throw the ball. They taught him in the use of drills to throw the ball to a WRs right, left, too high or too low. Taught him don't ever catch a WR in stride, throw him the ball late, right as hes about to get crushed and is defenseless.
    Coaches also taught the OL to give the QB a nanosecond to make a throw.

All League
    Another issue this team has is, whether people want admit or not , our receivers can't get separation
    isn't that the truth !!