Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Jets' Geno Smith, Not Mark Sanchez, Takes Majority of Reps

All Pro
    I have never considered myself to be smarter than any other poster on any site i have been apart of, but something is wrong here. Sanchez ran the 1st team on Tuesday. Geno ran with the 1st team on Wednesday. If it's an every other day thing, should Sanchez not be up on Thursday. If it's every 2 days, should Sanchez not have taken the Wednesday 1st team snaps.

In any event, the facts are simple. The NYJets ran a 3 day mini cap where the players were finally hitting and in pads and on 2 of those days, Geno Smith ran the 1st team offense.

Too bad for us Geno is an awful quarterback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Too bad for us Geno is an awful quarterback.
    good for us, really that a diehard Pat fan such as yourself is apparently scared s--tless that Smith chances for success in 2013 and for years and years after Tammi the one gal team retires appear to be quite excellent

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    good for us, really that a diehard Pat fan such as yourself is apparently scared s--tless that Smith chances for success in 2013 and for years and years after Tammi the one gal team retires appear to be quite excellent
    Yes, because Rex the genius drafted him, he must be good.
    Know why I say Geno sucks?

Because I watched him play.

But let's just keep partying while the ship sinks, and tell each other how awesome we are.

Rex is bad.

Our draft was bad.

Geno is bad.

They're all sort of connected.

Jets Insider VIP
    go off and root for your Patriots someplace else, already

stop polluting an opposing team's fan message board, for godsake

Bewildered Beast
    "Bobby, I got propane in my zarathustra!"

go off and root for your Patriots someplace else, already

stop polluting an opposing team's fan message board, for godsake
    STFU I'm not a Patriots fan.

This team has been going down the ****ing drain for years. Some of us have been upset about some things, and when those things continue to manifest themselves and spiral downwards, we're supposed to cheer lead and say things we know aren't true? Like Geno is awesome? Or that Rex is good?

Or we're Patriot fans.

FU.

You don't own Jets fandom.

Fire Rex and lets get some competent, mature people running the show and I won't have to be so negative.

But i'd rather be negative than lie to myself.

By the end of the season you'll be saying Geno sucks and it was a waste of a pick. Now you'll say I'm a Patriot fan.

It's just because you're not that smart.

Jets Insider VIP

This team has been going down the ****ing drain for years. Some of us have been upset about some things, and when those things continue to manifest themselves and spiral downwards, we're supposed to cheer lead and say things we know aren't true? Like Geno is awesome? Or that Rex is good?

Or we're Patriot fans.

FU.

Fire Rex and lets get some competent, mature people running the show and I won't have to be so negative.

you are right, Jet fans have the right to be positive or negative

but chowds like you masquerading as Jet fans haven't IMO earned that right

Or we're Patriot fans.

FU.

You sound an AWFUL lot more like a Pasts* fan...
    And you think Tebow would STILL be the best option at QB, so your credibility is ZERO now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You sound an AWFUL lot more like a Pasts* fan...
    And you think Tebow would STILL be the best option at QB, so your credibility is ZERO now.
    Or the child of Sar..

Jets Insider VIP
    By the end of the season you'll be saying Geno sucks and it was a waste of a pick. Now you'll say I'm a Patriot fan.

That is a possibilty and because we took him in the 2nd and not the 1st, we can move on from him after this year.

If he stinks, we take a qb with our high 1st round pick next year.

Jets Insider VIP

GO PATS GO

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    They're swapping playing with the ones every two practices. Rex stated this.

It's going to be like this until a starter is named. Don't look into it more than that.
    sounds like the fair competition that was promised by Idzik, Rex, Mornhingweg and Lee

But sounds like it is at least reduced to a two man as I saw on Tuesday

Sanchez got almost all the one reps and Smith the twos with a few snaps with the ones

Simms was the 3, McElroy the 4

my guess is that they are also swapping 3 and 4 in each practice, too

Exactly - its the first week of mandatory mini camp - I like that Rex is mixing it up like this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Why have we not brought in BE yet?
    Good question. He can catch, what's the problem.

sanchez' weakest suit is decision making. he doesn't know who to throw the ball to and that effects his accuracy.

but smithh is stil untested and nobody knows what he will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Agree.

Geno just talks like he knows the game a LOT more and sounds like much more of a leader.

LOT of people around here are gonna have plenty of Crow to eat once GS starts getting things down.

I'd much rather watch him learn than watch Sanchez fvck up like he's consistently done for 4 years...
    And LOL at the fools who actually think he will do better in a more complicated offense that thrives on Sanchez' weakest suit... ACCURACY

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    sanchez' weakest suit is decision making. he doesn't know who to throw the ball to and that effects his accuracy.

but smithh is stil untested and nobody knows what he will do.
    Yeah. And now I'm not feeling quite as confident after hearing how shellshocked he supposedly looks in 11 on 11.

Not gonna be expecting much of anything until we see him in the Preseason, against the Giants who will be after his ass!

All League
    Yes, because Rex the genius drafted him, he must be good.
    If we fire Rex then who do our drafting?

All League
    It is obvious to me that the coaches are alternating QB's and that is not big news. The thing I thought was most interesting in the article no one has been talking about:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    While I (and others) often view Russell Wilson as the comparison point for Smith (due to the similarities in this year's Jets' offseason to last year's Seattle Seahawks' offseason), it is worth noting that Smith may be one-upping Sanchez even more quickly than Wilson did to Matt Flynn a year ago. While Russell spent a non-trivial portion of his first summer as No. 3 on the depth chart, and while Russell needed multiple preseason games before he took over the starting job, Smith is already making a case for himself in the first week of minicamp.

That is not to say that Smith is necessarily better than Russell. However, it is evidence that Smith may be more ahead of Sanchez than Russell was ahead of Flynn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    If we fire Rex then who do our drafting?

See here's how it works in the world of hatred for Coach Ryan that SARasthusra resides.

Bad draft picks were made by Rex

Good draft picks were made by others