Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez & Smith haven't separated per Lee

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    After 3 days without pads...shocking
    seriously

don't you have Shatriot minicamp to concentrate on.

There is probably huge Tebow news to discuss, you know

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I haven't heard or read anything about his daily improvement so I was curious to what you had seen. I haven't seen other than Smith saying he's 'trying to get better' and Rex saying he 'oresees' improvement in Smith.
    Ah. Yeah.

From what it sounds like, he's not ready to start TODAY, but all of the reports I've heard sounds like he's continually getting better.

Sounds like him and Sanchez are pretty much neck and neck right now... although I'm 99% sure Geno hasn't thrown any picks to linemen.

Really we won't have a real indication of what Geno can do until Preseason starts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goes to show you how poor Sanchez has taken to coaching.
    I mean seriously, Rex was telling this kid to stop holding the ball like a loaf of bread since 2009!
    Mark is not a smart kid. He's a pampered prima donna thats been pushed through everything his whole life.
    This is his hardest stop at that easy azz treadmill. He's not throwing to WIDE OPEN receivers anymore. Jet fans have had it with his juvenile antics & his constant moping on the sidelines.
    I'm telling you people this is his last chance at starting in the NFL! This is his 5th year & he can't separate himself from a rookie IN MINICAMP!
    What the hell were all those drills the last 4 years I saw with the old QB coach & Brunell swatting that big Qtip at him in camp & B4 games?
    When Sanchez story is told the picture of him will be the one that every Jet fan in the country knows.....do you know?
    The classic picture of him on the sidelines...by himself..holding the front of his shoulder pads with his hands with that dumbfounded look on his face after another TO.
    I don't hate the man. I hate the fact that we wasted another 5 years on a QB that is the worst in the league.
    People bring up his early heroics from 2009 & 2010, but what they have forgotten is he just made up for his horrible play in the 1st 3 quarters with one special play. I don't think I have ever seen such a slow starter in my life.
    Last years Bills game out of the gate was the best 1st quarter he has had in his entire time here in NY.
    The next 15 1st quarters? Shoot me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Does anyone else find if funny David Lee said Geno is not ready to start at the same time saying Sanchez has not been able to separate himself from Geno? What does that say about our 4 year starter that he can't separate from a QB not ready to start? Imagine if we had a real QB the last 4 years what this team could have been?
    Yep, they should have drafted Stafford AND Freeman

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what SAR thinks of this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Ah. Yeah.

From what it sounds like, he's not ready to start TODAY, but all of the reports I've heard sounds like he's continually getting better.

Sounds like him and Sanchez are pretty much neck and neck right now... although I'm 99% sure Geno hasn't thrown any picks to linemen.

Really we won't have a real indication of what Geno can do until Preseason starts.
    Yeah... you keep saying that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I mean seriously, Rex was telling this kid to stop holding the ball like a loaf of bread since 2009!
    Mark is not a smart kid. He's a pampered prima donna thats been pushed through everything his whole life.
    This is his hardest stop at that easy azz treadmill. He's not throwing to WIDE OPEN receivers anymore. Jet fans have had it with his juvenile antics & his constant moping on the sidelines.
    I'm telling you people this is his last chance at starting in the NFL! This is his 5th year & he can't separate himself from a rookie IN MINICAMP!
    What the hell were all those drills the last 4 years I saw with the old QB coach & Brunell swatting that big Qtip at him in camp & B4 games?
    When Sanchez story is told the picture of him will be the one that every Jet fan in the country knows.....do you know?
    The classic picture of him on the sidelines...by himself..holding the front of his shoulder pads with his hands with that dumbfounded look on his face after another TO.
    I don't hate the man. I hate the fact that we wasted another 5 years on a QB that is the worst in the league.
    People bring up his early heroics from 2009 & 2010, but what they have forgotten is he just made up for his horrible play in the 1st 3 quarters with one special play. I don't think I have ever seen such a slow starter in my life.
    Last years Bills game out of the gate was the best 1st quarter he has had in his entire time here in NY.
    The next 15 1st quarters? Shoot me
    100%

ESPECIALLY the bolded

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    speaks volumes about our former QB coach.
    Hmmmm remember when Namath said Sanchez should hold onto the ball with both hands and our then OC Schotty laughed at him!!!!

All I can say is.........

Good Grief !!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 06-13-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    And yet Sanchez has his supporters that will beg for him to be our starter. This is a team game. If they are even at the end of camp, Geno starts!
    I don't think I've heard or read anyone here beg for Sanchez to be starter - possibly SAR but I don't even recall that.

Your the one who constantly states , let there be competition and may the best QB win because that's best for the Jets. And then you read 1 or 2 minicamp report w/o pads and you blast one of the QB's and wonder how people here can support him.

So which is it , do you want competition or do you want to hand Smith the job, because it sure to me sounds like you want Smith.

For this season at least, the best QB will play , let's see how it shake's out through TC and real live action before we anoint our starter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The next 15 1st quarters? Shoot me.
    Which is it- the coaching is terrible, (actually it was nonexistent but ok) but Sanchez has been poor at taking to coaching? How does someone take to bad coaching?
    And what 'juvenile antics' are you referring to?

So he's a slow starter but started fast in the first quarter against the Bills and went downhill from there?

This is the most disjointed post I've ever read. Pick a point and make it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the best QB, the one that wins this fair and equal competition should be the Jet starter in 2013.

And I'm confident that Smith will accept this challenge and provide the leadership needed for success on offense. Sure, he will make some rook mistakes but he won't 1) hang his head and sulk and 2)blame his mistakes on his teammates but instead learn from these miscues and come back strong

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I think the best QB, the one that wins this fair and equal competition should be the Jet starter in 2013.

And I'm confident that Smith will accept this challenge and provide the leadership needed for success on offense. Sure, he will make some rook mistakes but he won't 1) hang his head and sulk and 2)blame his mistakes on his teammates but instead learn from these miscues and come back strong
    Serious question. What are you basing 1) and 2) on, other than hope?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    serious answer

As requested in writing by Jetswin, I am not responding to your attempts at sh1tstirring here at JI now and forever

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    serious answer

As requested in writing by Jetswin, I am not responding to your attempts at sh1tstirring here at JI now and forever

It was a fair question. But of course you don't have to answer.

But you do suck at 'not responding'.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    serious answer

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez. Hahahahaha.

Geno gets 16 games and based on what happens, we decide if we need to address the position in rnd 1 of next years draft.

Sanchez is camp fodder at this point with idzik praying a qb gets seriously hurt in camp and a team is desparate enough to take sanchez salary off our hands for a 7th round pick.

But there is no scenario short of geno tearing an acl where sanchez ever takes a regular season snap for this team again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    geno doesn't have to get better if sanchez continues to slide. just another way to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I haven't heard or read anything about his daily improvement so I was curious to what you had seen. I haven't seen other than Smith saying he's 'trying to get better' and Rex saying he 'foresees' improvement in Smith.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one who is getting a ghey vibe from the thread title?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Am I the only one who is getting a ghey vibe from the thread title?
    Nope. I was gonna make a silly comment earlier about divorce rumors after Sanchez didn't invite Geno to Jets West but I forgot.

There's another thread on the strip that sounds totally ghey as well

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously

don't you have Shatriot minicamp to concentrate on.

There is probably huge Tebow news to discuss, you know
    Nope, not interested in non-issues. Tim Tebow will have less impact than Sanchez vs Geno. Besides, there seems to be more Tebow threads here than anywhere else. It must be because of the large investment the Jets made in Tebow with the draft pick and the millions of dollars they paid Denver for him. Can't save face by laughing that one off.