Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanchez & Smith haven't separated per Lee

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Nope, not interested in non-issues. Tim Tebow will have less impact than Sanchez vs Geno. Besides, there seems to be more Tebow threads here than anywhere else. It must be because of the large investment the Jets made in Tebow with the draft pick and the millions of dollars they paid Denver for him. Can't save face by laughing that one off.
    no the Jets can't save any face at all. We know that already. But we are so happy you visited us to tell us. Now how do you save face from the fact that you troll here like an infant?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    no the Jets can't save any face at all. We know that already. But we are so happy you visited us to tell us. Now how do you save face from the fact that you troll here like an infant?
    Well, maybe the whole Tebow thing has been worn out now and for that, I'm sorry. SG3 is a big boy though and my response was only in response to his Tebow comments. My original post to which he responded was about the guy writing the article and expecting that a couple of days camp should produce a clear winner. That was a pure football answer and nothing to do with "trolling".

In fact, I really try not to troll although I do like a little humor now and then. I don't "hate" the Jets and I find that many of the posters on the board are witty and entertaining. I don't engage in name calling and tend to end my side of the conversation once that happens but that's to avoid getting baited into something that I think is "infantile" (to use your words).

I've had some good football and life conversations with people here and hope that continues. I'm not sure why that might be a problem if so. I get drawn into responding to some baits but avoid them most of the time.

I've stated on this board that I didn't understand the Tebow pickup by the Patriots but think it's for chump change. I think he's a good kid from all indications and you can look at my last year's comments to see that I haven't changed my position.

I don't really have an agenda other than to share some laughs with folks (not laugh at unless it is warranted ) while I wait for my next meeting. I know this is a Jets board and I respect that. I'm not afraid of a little interaction between fans of other teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Which is it- the coaching is terrible, (actually it was nonexistent but ok) but Sanchez has been poor at taking to coaching? How does someone take to bad coaching?
    And what 'juvenile antics' are you referring to?

So he's a slow starter but started fast in the first quarter against the Bills and went downhill from there?

This is the most disjointed post I've ever read. Pick a point and make it.
    Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
    Sanchez acted like a juvenile the moment he arrived here. Putting gay unicorns on Shottys computer.
    Making comments that Shotty can't coach while making calls in preseason.
    Joking that he "sucks" on Hardknocks.
    Eating Hotdogs on the bench. Effing around with 17 year olds.
    Moping around after making mistakes.
    Was the coaching great? Hell no, but something tells me Aaron Rogers with the same coaching wouldn't have a season like Sanchez just had.
    Sanchez is just not that good. He spreads his legs so far apart to get anything on the ball that he makes himself 5'- 7" trying to throw the ball over the lineman.
    Finally, he has been a horrific 1st half QB. How many games did we have to endure watching the defense trot out after another three & out from the offense, knowing that they wouldn't be able to endure one more TO.
    Precise enough for you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno being neck and neck with Sanchez, may be some sort of achievement or growth, but it certainly doesn't say much for Geno.

Sanchez was the worst QB in the league just last season. It goes to common sense that it wouldn't take long for Geno to catch up with Sanchez.

I'm still interested in seeing the QB that wins the QB competition starting. I hope it is Geno as we already know Sanchez is gone after this season barring a miracle turnaround in his play.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... you keep saying that.
    Why not argue with the OP?

Nowhere in this piece does it say that Sanchez is dumber than dirt.
    Go for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Geno being neck and neck with Sanchez, may be some sort of achievement or growth, but it certainly doesn't say much for Geno.
    Only someone who is pretty clueless who say this.

Someone who just doesn't get that there is a difference between college game and the pros.

Or a serious SOJF looking for the negative in anything.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Which is it- the coaching is terrible, (actually it was nonexistent but ok) but Sanchez has been poor at taking to coaching? How does someone take to bad coaching?
    And what 'juvenile antics' are you referring to?

So he's a slow starter but started fast in the first quarter against the Bills and went downhill from there?

This is the most disjointed post I've ever read. Pick a point and make it.
    STOP

This is nonsense that blind Sanchez followers love to spew.

You have no clue what kind of coaching he got or didn't get. You just go backwards from the given that he sucks and trace backwards with every excuse riddled reason for him sucking.

Just because Shotty wasn't the best in game manager that ever walked an NFL sideline that doesn't mean that Sanchez wasn't coached or prepared to be a NFL QB. Every interview, every clip from training camp, from Hard Knocks seems to show a staff that spent a hell of a lot of time working with his mechanics, his study habits, his organization, the mental aspect of playing the game, the leadership issues, game plans etc.

You can't coach a bum into an elite QB. Sometimes its just the QB, stop blaming everyone else instead of the guy who turns the ball over to often. No one coached that into him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    STOP

This is nonsense that blind Sanchez followers love to spew.

You have no clue what kind of coaching he got or didn't get. You just go backwards from the given that he sucks and trace backwards with every excuse riddled reason for him sucking.

Just because Shotty wasn't the best in game manager that ever walked an NFL sideline that doesn't mean that Sanchez wasn't coached or prepared to be a NFL QB. Every interview, every clip from training camp, from Hard Knocks seems to show a staff that spent a hell of a lot of time working with his mechanics, his study habits, his organization, the mental aspect of playing the game, the leadership issues, game plans etc.

You can't coach a bum into an elite QB. Sometimes its just the QB, stop blaming everyone else instead of the guy who turns the ball over to often. No one coached that into him.
    This. Last time I checked, it wasn't Schotty or anyone else throwing to dlinemen and ruining into moore's ass. No, it was Intchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This. Last time I checked, it wasn't Schotty or anyone else throwing to dlinemen and ruining into moore's ass. No, it was Intchez.
    Love the idea that the coaching staff was so stupid they forgot to tell Sanchez not to throw INTs in the red zone. That he had to be told in a 7 point game protect the ball and the guaranteed 3 points. Most infuriating part of Sanchezs game.

Or maybe they were telling him to throw INTs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Love the idea that the coaching staff was so stupid they forgot to tell Sanchez not to throw INTs in the red zone. That he had to be told in a 7 point game protect the ball and the guaranteed 3 points. Most infuriating part of Sanchezs game.

Or maybe they were telling him to throw INTs.

Schotty and Cavanaugh might "suck," but last time I checked they were both hired by other professional organizations in the National Football League. It's pretty hard to accomplish that if you are completely incompetent as some here like to assert.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Schotty and Cavanaugh might "suck," but last time I checked they were both hired by other professional organizations in the National Football League. It's pretty hard to accomplish that if you are completely incompetent as some here like to assert.
    They were not given the authority to run the offense as they chose with the Jets. They were forced to adhere to Rex's G&P system. Let's hope Rex has finally learned from his mistakes and allows MM & Lee to run their vision of the WCO. Unfortunately, there's already been rumblings of Rex pining for the read option package with Geno.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    They were not given the authority to run the offense as they chose with the Jets. They were forced to adhere to Rex's G&P system. Let's hope Rex has finally learned from his mistakes and allows MM & Lee to run their vision of the WCO. Unfortunately, there's already been rumblings of Rex pining for the read option package with Geno.
    Shotty tried to open up the offense, but every time he loosened the leash on Sanchez he turned the ball over, maddening for the coaches, I'm sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Absolute nonsense. And if this was true or Shotty only worked for Rex or 1 QB you may have a point.

But any excuse to bash Rex is wrong.

You know that the read option idea was first brought up by Rex and not MM because? Because Rex is a defensive guy and is clueless when it comes to O.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-14-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soo..the same David Lee that turned Ryan Fitzpatrick into an all-star and was sparanos right hand man?
    Last edited by Jeremy2020; 06-15-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Shotty tried to open up the offense, but every time he loosened the leash on Sanchez he turned the ball over, maddening for the coaches, I'm sure.
    Unless you have a dominant run game which the Jets clearly do not have, you need to run at least a balanced approach on O. When you force the run and can't you end up in unfavorable passing situations and hence turnovers.

Sure Shotty tried to open it up a few times but Rex just didn't have the patience for the turnovers which are part of the game. Instead he pulled the reigns leading to a predictable 3rd and long passing situations which made the matters worse. You want to blame someone look no further than Mr defense.