Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Darnell Dockett's new face mask

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    The most interesting thing to me is when the heck did the mirror visor come back? Wasn't it outlawed due to not being able to see an injured player's eyes in case he's concussed? Last I remember seeing those is college ball in the mid-late 90s.
    There are 2 tabs at forehead level. A swift pull and the visor pulls up and out.
    Knew people in the business.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    The most interesting thing to me is when the heck did the mirror visor come back? Wasn't it outlawed due to not being able to see an injured player's eyes in case he's concussed? Last I remember seeing those is college ball in the mid-late 90s.
    If you have a medical reason it is allowed.

  3. #23
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sneaky O-linemen, meet ur match


  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    He looks like a hippy Darth Vader

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    867
    Post Thanks / Like
    it looks pretty sweet. Looks like the Predators ***** looking mouth or a lacrosse sticks pocket

  6. #26
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    488
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this new facemask is genius. If every person had this mask, then there would be no facemask penalties... Can't wait for the year when every NFL player looks like a robot.

  7. #27
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS3233 View Post
    Lmao that is seriously awesome!!! I like the facemask it should take care of offensive lineman messing with their facemask. Its actually a really smart.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Green View Post
    Lmao that is seriously awesome!!! I like the facemask it should take care of offensive lineman messing with their facemask. Its actually a really smart.
    Can't see their eyes either... Not that that's probably a big deal on DL.
    I wonder if there would be any advantage there.
    Probably great to have a helmet like that at the bottom of a scrum.

  9. #29
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's just being considerate of his opponent, my bet is his breath stinks.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    my question is can he breathe in that ****ing thing

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    I think this new facemask is genius. If every person had this mask, then there would be no facemask penalties... Can't wait for the year when every NFL player looks like a robot.
    dude its NOT new. its just that nobody wants to use it. you cant see ****. you cant breathe properly and it gets pretty hot in there after a while, theres hardly any air coming through



  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    dude its NOT new. its just that nobody wants to use it. you cant see ****. you cant breathe properly and it gets pretty hot in there after a while, theres hardly any air coming through
    There is like 75 little holes for air.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us