Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winslow could become official...per Cimini Also New and Notes

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    sign him for the vet minimum, if he catches 30 balls & scores 2 TDs in a limited role, I'd say that's a score

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Rex is REALLY pissed with these WRs... I wish I could see some behind the scenes meeting room stuff.
    You KNOW it's gotta be good! lol
    Bring back Braylon

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He will be cheap and definitely worth a look no doubt, but some are acting like his chronic knee pain is no big deal and will not affect Winslow. That is simply not the case. Even if signed he will have to split time with Cumberland to keep his snaps down.
    True, agreed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Winslow can take our new little birdie QB under his wing, and show him the in's and outs, rights and wrongs of the league. A true bond which reveals itself in success on Sundays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You do realize that his knee pain was a factor as to why he left the Pats and was not picked up by another team last year correct? By his own admission the pain became unbearable at times and he said his days being a full time every down TE are probably behind him. Expecting the numbers he put up from 2007 to 2011 are unrealistic. If he could put up 2/3 of that, it would be great.
    Winslow requested the Patriots release him after one game because he decided enduring a painful knee condition to play a limited number of snaps in what seems likely to be a very temporary role -- Hernandez apparently is healing faster than expected -- was not worthwhile, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

"I would say, 'Will.' Overcome. The thing I concentrate on is not missing any games," he said.

He played through the pain for many years. It is only pain BTW, not injury. He just didn't want to endure the pain just to sit on the bench. This happend only once it was discovered that Hernandez was healing much quicker than had been anticipated. Something tells me it was really more the humiliation of being 3rd string. Also as the 3rd TE he would have to come in cold off the bench. I work plumbing through the pain (rheumatoid arthritis) everyday, and I can tell you that it feels much better to keep moving than to stop, and start. After a long ride it takes me a good half hour until I loosen up. Once I'm loose I can also tell you that it effects my performance very slightly if at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Winslow requested the Patriots release him after one game because he decided enduring a painful knee condition to play a limited number of snaps in what seems likely to be a very temporary role -- Hernandez apparently is healing faster than expected -- was not worthwhile, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

"I would say, 'Will.' Overcome. The thing I concentrate on is not missing any games," he said.

He played through the pain for many years. It is only pain BTW, not injury. He just didn't want to endure the pain just to sit on the bench. This happend only once it was discovered that Hernandez was healing much quicker than had been anticipated. Something tells me it was really more the humiliation of being 3rd string. Also as the 3rd TE he would have to come in cold off the bench. I work plumbing through the pain (rheumatoid arthritis) everyday, and I can tell you that it feels much better to keep moving than to stop, and start. After a long ride it takes me a good half hour until I loosen up. Once I'm loose I can also tell you that it effects my performance very slightly if at all.
    Can you block Offensive Linemen? ?

Seriously, any player that respectfully seeks to escape from.the Sucksboro Slimepit of NFL Cheating should be welcomed joyfully at the beautiful, modern and NASA level Atlantic Health Training Center in Florham Park

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NASA level. lmfao. What a piece of work.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    NASA level. lmfao. What a piece of work.
    sg3 keeps putting that same hook in the water, and you just can help your dumbass self... LMAO

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    sg3 keeps putting that same hook in the water, and you just can help your dumbass self... LMAO
    LOL

sometimes you can even land a really big, really dumb fish

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Oh lookee....I just hooked me a Kettle!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    sign him for the vet minimum, if he catches 30 balls & scores 2 TDs in a limited role, I'd say that's a score
    Agree 100% thats all you can expect from himto be honest. If he stays healthy all year I would consider that a huge plus too. Now what would be amazing if he could capure some of his old form but that is asking for too much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Green View Post
    Agree 100% thats all you can expect from himto be honest. If he stays healthy all year I would consider that a huge plus too. Now what would be amazing if he could capure some of his old form but that is asking for too much.
    Even offer him incentives....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Bring back Braylon
    I'm all for it. He really wants to be a Jet and he did pretty well for us.
    He even fixed his drops problem.
    Made some damn nice catches too once he got it together.

it seems strange they haven't already brought him back in... I wonder if MM or Idzik has issues with him, or if they even have talked to him at all.
    Not like it would cost much to get him in.
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 06-13-2013 at 08:01 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    LOL

sometimes you can even land a really big, really dumb fish
    The guy's so stupid, lol