Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Place Your Bet on Tebow

All Pro

Place Your Bet on Tebow

Here is my scenario:
    Brady goes down after the first five plays in the first game and is out for the season.
    Tebow comes in, and breaks an NFL record with 6500 all-purpose yards in one season, takes the Patriots to the Super Bowl after winning three come-from-behind games, and wins the MVP of the SB with 6 TD passes?

How?
    Because we're Jets fans, that's how.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    speak for yourself.....not all Jets fans think like you.....TEBOW goes to the pats and all of a sudden he is a force....yeah keep thinking that. Some jets fans are actually focused on this team which is trying to put something nice together for 2013. You are a part of the SOJF crew....many of us are not lol

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Here is my scenario:
    Brady goes down after the first five plays in the first game and is out for the season.
    Tebow comes in, and breaks an NFL record with 6500 all-purpose yards in one season, takes the Patriots to the Super Bowl after winning three come-from-behind games, and wins the MVP of the SB with 6 TD passes?

How?

He sits on the bench and learns, plays special teams (maybe) and other than that just holds a clip board.

Except when they play us, then he gets put in on offense to get a touchdown before returning to his cup of gatorade.
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 06-12-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Flipped to the Jaguars by Week 8.

Again, new england blows us out, tebow is put in late in third and scores two touchdowns. Belichek kills 30 birds with one stone.

I bet there is another 47 Tebow threads by the end of week 9, even though he does not play for this team anymore.

Veteran
    Don't care. Dump.

Rookie
    Goal line....Jets on defense....Belichek brings in Vince Wilfork to play fullback and lines Tebow up at running back.....Brady hands off to Tebow.

This is what I see happening.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Don't care. Dump.
    + 1

Jets Insider VIP
    Who cares? We should only be concerned about what we can control. If our defense plays great, we can beat Brady, Tebow or Manning.

We dwell on this issue until it gets sickening. The Jets will be better then the media feels this year. This is a Jets board not a Tebow board or NE board. Again, who cares? If we play better then them, we win!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Who cares? We should only be concerned about what we can control. If our defense plays great, we can beat Brady, Tebow or Manning.

We dwell on this issue until it gets sickening. The Jets will be better then the media feels this year. This is a Jets board not a Tebow board or NE board. Again, who cares? If we play better then them, we win!
    +1

Dump all Teblow threads and ban all Teblow-ite cultists

Teblow is gone and we are blessed for it

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Here is my scenario:

How?
    I'm surprised you were able to type through all the tears.

Veteran
    I bet he gets cut by training camp. Belichump won't be able to deal with all the media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I bet he gets cut by training camp. Belichump won't be able to deal with all the media attention.
    Time to cash in on that bet

Will Tim Tebow make the #Patriots Week One 53-man roster? Yes -400 | No +250 – implying 74% chance [via Bovada] The -400 means that you have to bet 400 dollars to win 100 and the +250 means you make a 100 dollar bet and win 250 dollars if he doesn’t make the team.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...ead_1_13812047

Yes Tebow will make the roster and just like most of the posters on here I agree that Belicheck will use him in goal line situations just to stick it to the Jets. Belicheck knows that the only real threat in this division for the last 10 or so years has been the Jets so to me this is expected year after year.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Here's my scenario:

Tim comes in at QB against the Jets. After the snap, Sheldon Richardson steamrolls Tebow. Tim suffers 3 cracked ribs, a torn ACL and a concussion.

Poor Timmy

P.S. I do not wish any harm to Tim Tebow. I think he's a great guy and a terrific football player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jesus Christ

Mini camp is underway and the board is flooded with Tebow threads.

Love him or hate him, you guys sure as hell can't quit talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    Again, new england blows us out, tebow is put in late in third and scores two touchdowns. Belichek kills 30 birds with one stone.
    Just the way the Dr ordered.

I see this unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Just the way the Dr ordered.

I see this unfortunately.

He did the same with Woodhead. Plus made him game captain. The finder to Rex. "Kiss my ring."

My Bet:

Tim Tebow never sees the field for NE except maybe SpT's. They keep him as their 3rd QB and spend the next year or 2 truly developing him in the hopes that maybe he's their guy to take over when Brady retires.