Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I guess the Jets missed the memo that they supposed to stink this season

Veteran
    The OP is a guy who gets "it." This team is stacked with talent, and a staff that is 2nd to none. This is so true bro. Preach on my brother.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    The OP is a guy who gets "it." This team is stacked with talent, and a staff that is 2nd to none. This is so true bro. Preach on my brother.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Antwan Barnes has played for 7 seasons and been injured twice and missed less than 10 games. So not sure where you got that from.

Antonio Garay has been injured, who knows how much playiing time he will get on that Dline anyway. Worst case hes injured and were back to Kenrick, thats not any worse than last year.

Yes Willie Colon is injury prone, They drafted 2 guys that can back him up...

Tommy Bohanan has just as much chance to start as Lex.

Thats my point Josh Bush is unkown, that doesnt make him bad.

But yet in your original post calling me out, you couldn't think of ONE injury prone player that wasn't on the team last season? Nice damage control.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Ivory is the only good player we added this offseason. Barnes might have some potential as a situational pass rusher. The rest of those guys like Colon, Garay, Peterman, they suck. Same with these "up and comers" like Cumberland and Hayden Smith.

And rookies typically don't make much of an impact.

It's going to take a couple years of adding real talent, game changing players, before this team can become competitive. And if the team doesn't seriously upgrade the skill position players on offense it'll never happen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Ivory is the only good player we added this offseason. Barnes might have some potential as a situational pass rusher. The rest of those guys like Colon, Garay, Peterman, they suck. Same with these "up and comers" like Cumberland and Hayden Smith.

It's going to take a couple years of adding real talent, game changing players, before this team can become competitive. And if the team doesn't seriously upgrade the skill position players on offense it'll never happen.
    Welcome to the club. Let me take your jacket for you. Go in and have a seat, and pour yourself a SOJF IPA.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You watch a different game than the rest of us. Teams in the NFL sure as sh1t can turn it around quicker than that. Especially teams that already are better than most with one unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But yet in your original post calling me out, you couldn't think of ONE injury prone player that wasn't on the team last season? Nice damage control.
    touche.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I know its only June but somehow I get the feeling that this Jet team is going to be a lot better than all the world predicts. All these smart analysts and experts have been laughing at these Jets for 2 years now - and maybe deservedly so - but the tide has changed. The defense looks deeper and faster and we have Rex at the helm. The offense should have a decent running game. Anything in the passing game will be a bonus. Idzik and Rex and the Jets just aint buying this bs that Jets are the worst team in the league - ranked 32 . I love going into a season where little is expected but we know have have an up and coming team. It sure beats when we are expected to be good and we wind up stinking. Low expectations could lead to something special.
    HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT

Veteran
    It's a QB driven league. Until we have one, we won't be a contender.

I think the D will be top 10, could even be top 5, so I think we will be in most games.

IMO, 8-8 is realistic expectation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You watch a different game than the rest of us. Teams in the NFL sure as sh1t can turn it around quicker than that. Especially teams that already are better than most with one unit.
    I hope I'm wrong, really do. I'll be watching every minute of every game, rooting like hell, even if we lose every game. I just think we're a long ways away.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Welcome to the club. Let me take your jacket for you. Go in and have a seat, and pour yourself a SOJF IPA.
    I love hoppy beers, great call on the IPA

I love hoppy beers, great call on the IPA
    Not an IPA.

NEWCASTLE is the divine beer on the face of the planet. Love that stuff.

Veteran
    Not an IPA.

Guinness for me!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jethead View Post
    Guinness for me!
    Every time

Not an IPA.

American beers aren't good enough for you?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Add Chris Ivory to the list
    And (potentially) Kellen Winslow Jr.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The rest of those guys like Colon suck.
    This is opposite of everything I've heard so far about him

He's an injury concern ... But most people have indicated a talented player when on the field

2013 is going to be another offensive disaster of a season. lock it up, another year and no SB.

I really wish this forum would ban sojf. I only want real fans on this board, but a bunch of whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I know its only June but somehow I get the feeling that this Jet team is going to be a lot better than all the world predicts. All these smart analysts and experts have been laughing at these Jets for 2 years now - and maybe deservedly so - but the tide has changed. The defense looks deeper and faster and we have Rex at the helm. The offense should have a decent running game. Anything in the passing game will be a bonus. Idzik and Rex and the Jets just aint buying this bs that Jets are the worst team in the league - ranked 32 . I love going into a season where little is expected but we know have have an up and coming team. It sure beats when we are expected to be good and we wind up stinking. Low expectations could lead to something special.
    They may well be better but how does the D look deeper?