Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I guess the Jets missed the memo that they supposed to stink this season

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the Jets missed the memo that they supposed to stink this season

I know its only June but somehow I get the feeling that this Jet team is going to be a lot better than all the world predicts. All these smart analysts and experts have been laughing at these Jets for 2 years now - and maybe deservedly so - but the tide has changed. The defense looks deeper and faster and we have Rex at the helm. The offense should have a decent running game. Anything in the passing game will be a bonus. Idzik and Rex and the Jets just aint buying this bs that Jets are the worst team in the league - ranked 32 . I love going into a season where little is expected but we know have have an up and coming team. It sure beats when we are expected to be good and we wind up stinking. Low expectations could lead to something special.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I know its only June but somehow I get the feeling that this Jet team is going to be a lot better than all the world predicts. All these smart analysts and experts have been laughing at these Jets for 2 years now - and maybe deservedly so - but the tide has changed. The defense looks deeper and faster and we have Rex at the helm. The offense should have a decent running game. Anything in the passing game will be a bonus. Idzik and Rex and the Jets just aint buying this bs that Jets are the worst team in the league - ranked 32 . I love going into a season where little is expected but we know have have an up and coming team. It sure beats when we are expected to be good and we wind up stinking. Low expectations could lead to something special.
    great points. Also the Jets always perform best when expectations are low. Go Jets!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must have missed the camp reports. Unfortunately, a big part of football is where the QB throws the ball and someone on his team is supposed to actually catch it. This is not an area where the Jets currently excel.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it better when everyone else thinks we suck when they really have no clue.
    The Defense WILL keep us in games.
    And I trust that Marty will find a way to get points on the board. And, you know, get some first downs so the D isn't on the field for 45 min a game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    You must have missed the camp reports. Unfortunately, a big part of football is where the QB throws the ball and someone on his team is supposed to actually catch it. This is not an area where the Jets currently excel.
    oooohhhhh camp reports

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    boy that green kool-aid is great where you are

i mean our defense looks great because it is going against our offense same thing was said about us last year then we do not score one td in pre-season.

we may not be the worst at 32 but i wouldn't put this team any higher than 25 until suckchez, holmers, and rexi are gone........even then geno will need a few seasons and i really do not see him being better than ray lucas was.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    boy that green kool-aid is great where you are

i mean our defense looks great because it is going against our offense same thing was said about us last year then we do not score one td in pre-season.

we may not be the worst at 32 but i wouldn't put this team any higher than 25 until suckchez, holmers, and rexi are gone........even then geno will need a few seasons and i really do not see him being better than ray lucas was.
    blah blah blah waa waaaaa waaaaaa --- those Jets cut my beloved Saint Timmy and I hate hate hate hate them

waaaa waaaaah waaaaah

S0S

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't played a game yet. How do we know if the memo has been received.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Building a SB team is the most we can hope.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    blah blah blah waa waaaaa waaaaaa --- those Jets cut my beloved Saint Timmy and I hate hate hate hate them

waaaa waaaaah waaaaah

S0S
    there you go again sparky keeping the tebow circus alive even though no one in this thread mentioned him................

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I like it better when everyone else thinks we suck when they really have no clue.
    The Defense WILL keep us in games.
    And I trust that Marty will find a way to get points on the board. And, you know, get some first downs so the D isn't on the field for 45 min a game.
    This D is legit this season. Pass rush should be improved beyond recognition.

The D will keep us in games and even win a few while the O catches up and hits its stride.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why, are they playing beyond expectations now? are they even playing? what evidence do you have that they missed a memo? your speculations that they could possibly play well don't indicate that they have.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    why, are they playing beyond expectations now? are they even playing? what evidence do you have that they missed a memo? your speculations that they could possibly play well don't indicate that they have.
    You on your period today or something?!
    Heavy flow day, amirite?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're actually even worse at WR and TE this season than we were last year. Goodell's NFL is all about the passing and we can't throw b/c our qbs suck and nobody can make a play to help them. This team is gonna suck a big fat d*ck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I firmly believe that the plan is to start to make noise in 2014. The kids on defense should be fun to watch this year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently some other people didn't get the memo that both our quarterbacks are horrible.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like you optimism but I am not putting money on the Jets winning the super bowl.

I'll forward you the memo

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Apparently some other people didn't get the memo that both our quarterbacks are horrible.
    Your right about Sanchez, but that's a bit of a hasty evaluation on Geno considering he's fresh out of rookie mini camp and OTA's.

Give the lad a chance eh.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We're actually even worse at WR and TE this season than we were last year. Goodell's NFL is all about the passing and we can't throw b/c our qbs suck and nobody can make a play to help them. This team is gonna suck a big fat d*ck.
    We are not worse at all we are about the same, Keller hardly played last year anyway. Difference is this year we should have a conventional NFL offensive system instead of a BS gimmick offence, a decent ground game, not to mention a far better play caller.

If we are gonna suck d1ck, it's gonna be a little stump of a d1ck and not a big fatty as you proclaimed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will be LUCKY to win 6 games again. This team is horrible. Full of injury prone players. A lot of those players won't even be around this season, they'll suffer injuries. NO decent FB or FS.

5 or 6 wins is the teams ceiling.