Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62

Thread: I guess the Jets missed the memo that they supposed to stink this season

  1. #21
    imo, the jets are one player away, qb. once that guy is found they will do well. maybe not 16-0 well but well enough to make the playoffs and possibly take the division. afterall the patsies are on the decline. you don't lose guys like gronk and welker without some fall off considering that they don't have any real replacements. edelman? please. tebow at te? tried that.

    but it all hinges on either sanchez or geno or maybe someone else playing the qb position well. the wr's are a problem now because they are injured but it's amazing how fast they will heal once the games and the winning starts.

  2. #22
    I'd say wait til camp to say this, but this shouldn't be said until we actually play some games. For all we know, we could light up camp and preseason and then go 0-16.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'd say wait til camp to say this, but this shouldn't be said until we actually play some games. For all we know, we could light up camp and preseason and then go 0-16.
    Sanchez gets glasses, like Charlie Sheen in Major League, and then goes on to throw 6,000 yards and 70 TDs with no WRs.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Sanchez gets glasses, like Charlie Sheen in Major League, and then goes on to throw 6,000 yards and 70 TDs with no WRs.
    Bundchen on the situation: "I guess you CAN throw it and catch it yourself..."

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Bundchen on the situation: "I guess you CAN throw it and catch it yourself..."
    That's something Tom Brady does in shower.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    That's something Tom Brady does in shower.
    4 times in a single shower.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,718
    No way do I think we're #32 in the league. That takes a special level of suck. A Commitment to Suckitude. (A real cynic would we say we suck so bad, we even suck at sucking. ).

    That said, I can't see justification to place us outside the bottom 8 teams in the league. I'd say we're in the bottom eight, with aspirations to move up to the next 8 if a lot of this potential I keep hearing about comes to fruition. That still leaves us in the bottom half of the league, but at least moving in the right direction at last.

    That's how I'm approaching this season - look for improvement, not miracles. Even if our record stays the same, or regresses, we may have improved in some areas, and then we can fix the other areas as we go. Last year I struggle to think of ONE THING we did well. And that's not fun. So if we can do some things well this year, I'll take that as a positive.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    You must have missed the camp reports. Unfortunately, a big part of football is where the QB throws the ball and someone on his team is supposed to actually catch it. This is not an area where the Jets currently excel.
    Are you forgetting that the camp reporters have a vested interest in reporting negative stuff and exaggerating it to the point of absurdity? More clicks... more newspaper sales... you know the script. Everything they report is greatly exaggerated and/or distorted. So please spare us about the reliability of "camp reports".

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I know its only June but somehow I get the feeling that this Jet team is going to be a lot better than all the world predicts. All these smart analysts and experts have been laughing at these Jets for 2 years now - and maybe deservedly so - but the tide has changed. The defense looks deeper and faster and we have Rex at the helm. The offense should have a decent running game. Anything in the passing game will be a bonus. Idzik and Rex and the Jets just aint buying this bs that Jets are the worst team in the league - ranked 32 . I love going into a season where little is expected but we know have have an up and coming team. It sure beats when we are expected to be good and we wind up stinking. Low expectations could lead to something special.
    Its all about the QB and his weapons. If we can muster a decent, top 20 passing offense, then the running game and hence the defense will feed off that and we can be a good NFL team. I don't have a good feeling about the offense. Even if we had talent, it usually take a 1/2 season to get a new offense down. Add that to the lack of talent/depth, I am not confident. I do thing our OL has been upgraded beautifully with vets and rookies so we have talent and depth and its all starts with the fatties up front

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,109
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    No way do I think we're #32 in the league. That takes a special level of suck. A Commitment to Suckitude. (A real cynic would we say we suck so bad, we even suck at sucking. ).

    That said, I can't see justification to place us outside the bottom 8 teams in the league. I'd say we're in the bottom eight, with aspirations to move up to the next 8 if a lot of this potential I keep hearing about comes to fruition. That still leaves us in the bottom half of the league, but at least moving in the right direction at last.

    That's how I'm approaching this season - look for improvement, not miracles. Even if our record stays the same, or regresses, we may have improved in some areas, and then we can fix the other areas as we go. Last year I struggle to think of ONE THING we did well. And that's not fun. So if we can do some things well this year, I'll take that as a positive.
    we are without question 32

    and it's a big drop from 31 to 32

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    blah blah blah waa waaaaa waaaaaa --- those Jets cut my beloved Saint Timmy and I hate hate hate hate them

    waaaa waaaaah waaaaah


    S0S
    What does Tebow have to do with this thread? YOu are like a five year old.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    You must have missed the camp reports. Unfortunately, a big part of football is where the QB throws the ball and someone on his team is supposed to actually catch it. This is not an area where the Jets currently excel.
    Must be hard to see with one eye though.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We're actually even worse at WR and TE this season than we were last year. Goodell's NFL is all about the passing and we can't throw b/c our qbs suck and nobody can make a play to help them. This team is gonna suck a big fat d*ck.
    How did we get worse at WR?

    We added multiple guys that can compete for spots, couple of whom impressed at OTAs, zack rodgers is one who i think if makes the team will be a real asset. Holmes will play more games than he did last year, and hill and kerley will have another year of experience under there belt.

    Dustin Keller barely played in 8 games and had 2 TDs. I feel Cumberland has a better season than that....o wait he already did last year.
    And if* they add winslow, even if he plays 8 games because hes so "injury prone" i also think he will have a better year than keller did last year.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The Jets will be LUCKY to win 6 games again. This team is horrible. Full of injury prone players. A lot of those players won't even be around this season, they'll suffer injuries. NO decent FB or FS.

    5 or 6 wins is the teams ceiling.
    Who are the injury prone players that are on the team this year that werent on the team last year? I cant think of one.. O yes kind of like Landry was so injury prone he wouldnt make it through last season...

    You are very good at predicting the future as well as you have never seen our FS or FB play.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Who are the injury prone players that are on the team this year that werent on the team last year? I cant think of one.. O yes kind of like Landry was so injury prone he wouldnt make it through last season...

    You are very good at predicting the future as well as you have never seen our FS or FB play.
    Do you pay attention to the team? Do you even look at the players Idzik picked up?

    Willie Colon
    Antwan Barnes
    Antonio Garay

    They all have injury histories. WTH do you think they got those guys on the cheap?

    I've seen Lex Hilliard play and isn't anything to write home about. Josh Bush is a virtual unknown.

    And you accuse me of not knowing about the team?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Do you pay attention to the team? Do you even look at the players Idzik picked up?
    Willie Colon
    Antwan Barnes
    Antonio Garay
    They all have injury histories. WTH do you think they got those guys on the cheap?
    I've seen Lex Hilliard play and isn't anything to write home about. Josh Bush is a virtual unknown.
    And you accuse me of not knowing about the team?
    Antwan Barnes has played for 7 seasons and been injured twice and missed less than 10 games. So not sure where you got that from.

    Antonio Garay has been injured, who knows how much playiing time he will get on that Dline anyway. Worst case hes injured and were back to Kenrick, thats not any worse than last year.

    Yes Willie Colon is injury prone, They drafted 2 guys that can back him up...

    Tommy Bohanan has just as much chance to start as Lex.

    Thats my point Josh Bush is unkown, that doesnt make him bad.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Who are the injury prone players that are on the team this year that werent on the team last year? I cant think of one.. O yes kind of like Landry was so injury prone he wouldnt make it through last season...

    You are very good at predicting the future as well as you have never seen our FS or FB play.
    Add Chris Ivory to the list

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I firmly believe that the plan is to start to make noise in 2014. The kids on defense should be fun to watch this year.
    +1. Frankly, it looks a lot like the Seahawks rebuild. Their offense was atrocious until last season. While the NFL rules have changed to favor offenses, the fact remains that Teams are built on great D's and quarterback play. This is a constant in the NFL that has never changed.

    IMO, the D is certainly on the upswing (young and athletic) and they might just have landed their QB in this years draft.

    Really, how much better could Idzik have done with the hand he was dealt? IMO, his work thusfar puts him on the short list for Exec of the year. If (a big if) Winslow proves to be effective and Hill hands are improved, the O may not be dynamic but under the stewardship of Marty M, it will be effective. I look for Sanchez to start the season at QB with ever increasing "sprinkles" of Geno Smith, and if Geno is effective he will be given the full time gig mid-season.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Antwan Barnes has played for 7 seasons and been injured twice and missed less than 10 games. So not sure where you got that from.

    Antonio Garay has been injured, who knows how much playiing time he will get on that Dline anyway. Worst case hes injured and were back to Kenrick, thats not any worse than last year.

    Yes Willie Colon is injury prone, They drafted 2 guys that can back him up...

    Tommy Bohanan has just as much chance to start as Lex.

    Thats my point Josh Bush is unkown, that doesnt make him bad.
    I got to say I agree, it's about time this team started utilising its lower round draft picks.

    No way this team is as bad a train wreck as last year. People under estimate the impact of true competition and the best performing players being on the field.

    With Rex's job on the line and the unknown quantity of some positions, we could easily spring a surprise this year.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Add Chris Ivory to the list
    Good point, but cnce again he is backed up by mike goodson and Powell. Dont see how any of that makes us worst than Shawn Green Last year.

    I wasnt tryiing to make a point that guys wont get injured, if they do get injured, we are still better off than last year in most cases.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us