Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why the New York Jets Are Headed for Disaster in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I was at the mini on Tuesday.

I respect you as a poster and will not say anything about your brother's observations except that I disagree with just about all of them.

You can find the post I made on Tues afternoon.for the details
    How has Sanchez looked? I'm serious I have no idea and we can't get a real story from the media the reporters are too busy with their agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Pro Football Focus, pretty respected around here I think. Anyway, I've posted the link a dozen times but everyone here seems to want to wallow in the 2011 turnstile days so don't acknowledge it:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-lines/4/

3. New York Jets (12)

PB – 7th, RB – 3rd, PEN – 3rd
    Stud: There were plenty of contenders here, but given some of the guys he kept in check, credit to D’Brickashaw Ferguson (+23.5) for a fine year.

Dud: The run blocking of Matt Slauson (+2.5) left a lot to be desired.

Summary: Everybody wants to poke fun at the Jets, and for some reason the offensive line got caught in the crossfire. It wasn’t quite its dominant self in the early weeks of the season, but they finishing playing as well as any team. Nick Mangold and Brandon Moore played angry, while Austin Howard found his feet as an NFL tackle. Still, a line can only do so much to put skill players in position to do good things, and in that regard the Jets are sorely lacking.
    I agree with this. Jets O-Line was blamed for a ton of sacks that were on the QB for holding the ball way too long. Whether they were because no WRs were open, or Sauckchez was just afraid to throw 40 INTs in a season, or McElroy had no idea what he was doing, the Jets O-line wasn't at fault most of the time.

With upgrades at Offensive Guard, this O-line could be special going forward, and we should be solid up front on both sides of the ball for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    WRs suck and I am not happy about the offensive line. Idzik overall has had a good off-season but again we've neglected these two areas and even downgraded.
    I admit my memory isn't what it once was, but Idzik did sign two offensive lineman and draft three more , right?

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post

rookie second-round pick Geno Smith is having trouble learning the nuances of Marty Morninwheg's West Coast offense.
    This is the point in the article in which I stopped reading. Really??? A QB right out of college is having trouble learning the "Nuances" of one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL - after two weeks of a mini-camp. Not even a full camp but a mini version!

He's supposed to come into mini-camp and understand the "nuances" of the west coast offense.

Please, he should be embarrassed for writing something like that.
    Last edited by fidelioion; 06-17-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    fifth year "starter" Mark Suckchez is having trouble learning the nuances of Marty Mornhinwheg's West Coast Offense

similar to him having trouble with the Brian Sch!ttenheimer and Tony Morono offenses?

maybe it isn't the OC's fault

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    How has Sanchez looked? I'm serious I have no idea and we can't get a real story from the media the reporters are too busy with their agendas.
    based on my one visit

Sanchez and Smith both looked good

McElroy looked meh

Simms looked awful -- I saw him make two throws into the ground followed by him being replaced by McElroy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Sg3
    troll

BAN PLEASE

thank you

fifth year "starter" Mark Suckchez is having trouble learning the nuances of Marty Mornhinwheg's West Coast Offense

similar to him having trouble with the Brian Sch!ttenheimer and Tony Morono offenses?

maybe it isn't the OC's fault
    This is where you guys just go over the top. Its a new offense for both QB's its the first set of on the field organized padless practices. This is the time for all of the offense to learn and hone their skills, your reading too much into the media trying to sell a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I also watched the Jets last week.

Stopped when you said your brother reported not one QB has a good arm. If he thinks that Geno doesn't have a good arm or Simms or even Sanchez you're related to Stevie Wonder. They all have more than enough arm to play football. He would have loved Nagel.

I stopped there, he's blind and can't be trusted with things more detailed than arm strength.
    I questioned him on this too because it went against what I've heard here – and he said Geno throws spirals and has a better arm than Sanchez, but not one Qb on the roster has a big time power arm (Flacco, Eli, Luck, etc.)…

Hall Of Fame
    We are doomed!!!

The bleacher report says so and who can argue with the well known brilliance and reliability of the bleacher report.

What with both the bleacher report AND football gurus such as SAR, sarasthustra and rextilleon all in agreement, the only solution is obviously to cancel the season and get ready for 2014
    Come now sg3. I am not sure the article is saying all that much that is different from your own position. I.e. the "IF" Smith is not ready and "IF" Sanchez is the starter then we are in all likelihood f&cked good and proper.

No, let's not cancel the season because that is not the binary choice list that we have here. We can play out the season and derive pleasure from the parts of the Idzik rebuilding plan that show signs in 2013.

The DL has a chance be really good and maybe the secondary gives us something too. On the offense I would settle for a younger and healthier OL by seasons end which means that one or both of the draft picks need to work their way into the starting lineup. If Smith gets a significant percentage of time by the end of the year then we are looking at completing the housecleaning at that time and with some reasonable confidence that many of the building blocks are seasoned and in place going in to 2014.

More than that from where we are now is not impossible but probably an unreasonable hope at this point. I think we will have a defense that will bloody some noses this year but one that is waiting once again for the offense to catch up.

All Pro
    I hate SAR, I mean Meyer Lemons

DUMP