Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What not signing Braylon means....

What not signing Braylon means....

My thought on this is that Geno has a leg up in the QB competition. Braylon is a Sanchez guy and would be disruptive at this point.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I would imagine braylon would care more about getting a job and making money than if mark can win the qb battle or not

Could have something to do with getting away from Sanchez, or it could signal what EVERYONE ELSE IN THE NFL ASIDE FROM A FEW DELUSIONAL JETS FANS realize, and that is that Braylon Edwards is FINISHED. DONE. NOTHING LEFT. OVER. GOODBYE.

A lack of production over the last two seasons on two WR needy teams shows it.

Stop living in the past. It's over now. Leave it there. Onward with the future and some youth. That's a rebuilding process. Not a 30 year-old hasbeen.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Could have something to do with getting away from Sanchez, or it could signal what EVERYONE ELSE IN THE NFL ASIDE FROM A FEW DELUSIONAL JETS FANS realize, and that is that Braylon Edwards is FINISHED. DONE. NOTHING LEFT. OVER. GOODBYE.

A lack of production over the last two seasons on two WR needy teams shows it.

Stop living in the past. It's over now. Leave it there. Onward with the future and some youth. That's a rebuilding process. Not a 30 year-old hasbeen.
    Braylon just turned 30 years old this past February, it's too early to say he's done.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-13-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Something is fishy. Braylon is a damn good receiver and has been Mr.Clutch for the Jets. Why not sign the guy when we need WRs who catches the football. Does Idzik know something from his Seattle time that we don't. The guy bleeds green, so why not sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Something is fishy. Braylon is a damn good receiver and has been Mr.Clutch for the Jets. Why not sign the guy when we need WRs who catches the football. Does Idzik know something from his Seattle time that we don't. The guy bleeds green, so why not sign him.
    Been asking myself these questions for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Yup

Yup

And he didn't exactly look "done" to me in the last quarter of last season, or however many games he came in on last year...
    He made us INSTANTLY better, there's no denying it.
    Sanchez was just horrible and the O-Line wasn't all that far ahead of him.

I think it has something to do with Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Why are the Jets signing scrubs and all they get is dropsies epidemic. Sign the Beast man and solve the problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

2 reasons IMO

1. Here, he'll be the 4th receiver. The Jets, like most teams need their 4th or 5th WR's to do the dirty work, and play specials. Not too sure Braylon is willing to do that.

2. He must have pissed on someone's Wheaties. Because the entire league has taken a pass on the guy, not just the Jets

BRING BACK THE BEARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    2 reasons IMO

1. Here, he'll be the 4th receiver. The Jets, like most teams need their 4th or 5th WR's to do the dirty work, and play specials. Not too sure Braylon is willing to do that.

2. He must have pissed on someone's Wheaties. Because the entire league has taken a pass on the guy, not just the Jets
    Behind who???

And he looked good for us last year.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    My thought on this is that Geno has a leg up in the QB competition. Braylon is a Sanchez guy and would be disruptive at this point.
    One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Our WRs and TE's suck. Why we're not signing veteran help like Edwards and Dallas Clark when they are available is laughable. Ben Obamanu and Cumby GTFO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    2 reasons IMO

I think it is personal between Idzik and Braylon; your #2

All Pro
    Given that they're trying out Sims-Walker rather than re-signing Braylon, I'd say that door has pretty much closed. Still find it a bit surprising, given our current struggles, it's not like Braylon will be demanding a lot of $$$.

Seems like Izzy has a eye for WR's like Alderson has for OF.

Well, he did tweet nasties against Jets FO and got fired from Washington for it. Even though the Jets forgave and forgot doesn't mean Idzik did. He's clearly trying to put an end to that stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Well, he did tweet nasties against Jets FO and got fired from Washington for it. Even though the Jets forgave and forgot doesn't mean Idzik did. He's clearly trying to put an end to that stuff.
    Anything is possible.

Personally, I have a feeling there is something more here that none of us are even aware of at the moment.

Braylon Edwards openly called out a GM on a public forum. While said GM was so desperate to sign him anyway, most GM's would shut that player down immediately. I don't think it was a coincidence that Edwards was cut from SEA right after that comment

For starters i am a huge fan of Braylon. Ever since i saw him backflipping around the field when they won a couple seasons ago.

There are a few reasons there not signing him, even though he has some left in the tank, loves gang gree, and is a great down field blocker.

A. Idzick was on a staff that let him go last year.
    B. He has too strong ties to Sanchez no need to deal with a guy who does talk to the media a lot and the problems that may cause
    C. they know they are not going to win this year, would rather have younger guys and find a diamond in the rocks type sitation or just allow them to gain experience
    D. Braylon is not going to play special teams, thats what you need in a 4-5 receiver, and thats the role he would fill.