Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So....Borgo Banned Two Years, eh?

So....Borgo Banned Two Years, eh?

While I'm certainly not questioning our Moderator Team, I think it's probably good for us Hampur regulars to know the score (for those of us who like the guy) that he wont be back any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    While I'm certainly not questioning our Moderator Team, I think it's probably good for us Hampur regulars to know the score (for those of us who like the guy) that he wont be back any time soon.
    How is it you know this? Or is it just a gut feeling thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    why not question them? I read the thread. While Borgo was out of line and reacted impulsively, so did Paulie in his silly overreaction to him. So why not give Borgo a short time out? a week or two? Fine... but 2 years? Buncha infants in here. Including Paulie. Even worse... buncha hypocrites. Mods have let rude trolls hang around and sh!t all over Jets fans but somehow can't seem to learn how to "moderate" when one of our own has a temporary meltdown.

Just shameful.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Seems like a ridiculously long and completely arbitrary sentence.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    BG said to say hello to all............

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    why not question them? I read the thread. While Borgo was out of line and reacted impulsively, so did Paulie in his silly overreaction to him. So why not give Borgo a short time out? a week or two? Fine... but 2 years? Buncha infants in here. Including Paulie. Even worse... buncha hypocrites. Mods have let rude trolls hang around and sh!t all over Jets fans but somehow can't seem to learn how to "moderate" when one of our own has a temporary meltdown.

Just shameful.
    He questioned the sponsors... follow the money. A completely stupid, petty and uncalled for banning, but hey, it's not our site. We're just guests. Mods should, in my humble opinion, try to de-escalate and help people move on, not get into a Trayvon/Zimmerman shoot-out (Borgo of course wearing the hoodie). JMHO.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Way too severe IMHO.

Request reconsideration, please.

Respectfully of course

All League
    Agree with everything posted so far. A shame, IMO, how it's OK for a mod to do whatever, but when a poster does it's a banning for two years.

I've got some material for Borgo, too. Not sure it can wait two years.

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    He questioned the sponsors... follow the money. A completely stupid, petty and uncalled for banning, but hey, it's not our site. We're just guests. Mods should, in my humble opinion, try to de-escalate and help people move on, not get into a Trayvon/Zimmerman shoot-out (Borgo of course wearing the hoodie). JMHO.
    agreed.

JI was better with Borgo around. But hey... plenty of room for insulting obnoxious Pats fans....

as for the sponsors... I couldn't give a rat's ass. But it's not my site. Sooth can do as he pleases... he owns this place. But it is interesting to watch the migration in and out of JI. By and large... we all suck. Bring Borgo back because he sucks no more than any of us here.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

oh youse guys are SO on my radar now

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    oh youse guys are SO on my radar now
    it's "youze"

Now mods can't spell Brooklynese. What's this world coming to?
    Last edited by Dcat; 06-14-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Paulie himself brought up the prospect of unbanding borgo the other day in the mod lounge but then we saw a squirrel.

Paulie himself brought up the prospect of unbanding borgo the other day in the mod lounge but then we saw a squirrel.
    let the other mods decide. Paulie has no ability to be objective in this case.

All Pro
    That makes sense since banning him for more than a week for that was a pretty squirrelly thing to do.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Love this tune. Thanks for the props; not many coming this way. It's appreciated. honest

Bewildered Beast
    That was my wife *******. And that whole Marlon Perkins "lets go in for a closer look"...not funny

deek

Sir

All League
    2 years??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read the thread, and if anything week max??

He will be dead in 2 years from mouth cancer. Godspeed Borgo.

All Pro
    I like Borgo as much as the next guy, but his melt down..... He knows the rules, and what happens when you go all GJH.

But I am all for letting bygones be bygones.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I wasn't involved in the banneding in question, but if there's a simple lesson to be learned by all you second-class chumps it's "let it go."