Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: So....Borgo Banned Two Years, eh?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    It is never a choice between many sponsors and no sponsors and so it is not really as "simple as that".

<edited to add>

That is the reason that network television drama sucks and all of the edgiest shows are on cable. Because the almighty advertising dollar has watered down the product to the point where it is inoffensive to absolutely everyone. The problem the networks failed to understand is that there is no product after you do that.
    You might be right. But I don't know the first thing about running a website and dealing with advertisers let alone the specifics of this site. All I know is that this place has been up since 1999 so I think the powers that be know what is best for JI and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You might be right. But I don't know the first thing about running a website and dealing with advertisers let alone the specifics of this site. All I know is that this place has been up since 1999 so I think the powers that be know what is best for JI and will continue to do so.
    I realize the site owners want to make a buck and that's great. But the users of the site are more concerned with the site itself, it's performance, management, and quality of the other posters. I could think of 15-20 posters who if they left would significantly lower the quality of the posts here as well as my desire to visit the site. IMO if that happened the traffic to this site would take a hit. That would effect the advertising dollars as well.

That said, the management must balance the dual concerns of the users and it's advertisers. If Borgo's banning had nothing to do with his Hottie posts, why in the world would it be 2 years? If any user does something that requires consideration for banning in excess of 3 months, why not just perma-ban the user. Something Stinks here....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    For the record, FF2 was not banned.

FF2 has left JI.
    Mods, please merge with future "I'm back,what I miss thread"

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    For the record, FF2 was not banned.

FF2 has left JI.
    Good riddance. Take your trolling Patsies with you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    No one cares, chimp.
    This!

I also enjoyed reading/looking Borgo's posts. Here's hoping he will be back sooner rather than later.

All Pro
    Who breaks a butterfly upon a wheel?

Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-16-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Not sure what's with all the drama here...

A) He's a multi-banned poster
    B) He sounded off on a mod
    C) The ban will be lifted around the time training camp starts, if not sooner, if I had to take a guess

I like Borgo but he's a big boy and knew what he was getting himself into with that post.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post

That said, the management must balance the dual concerns of the users and it's advertisers. If Borgo's banning had nothing to do with his Hottie posts, why in the world would it be 2 years? If any user does something that requires consideration for banning in excess of 3 months, why not just perma-ban the user. Something Stinks here....
    Borgo's banning had nothing to do with the Hotties Forum. He said some pretty bad stuff to a mod in a completely different thread that has since been deleted. According to the mods the 2 year ban was randomly chosen until a more suitable punishment is determined. It will likely be way less than two years.

Borgo got pissed when the Hotties Forum was deleted and he lost about 24k posts as a result. I think he felt someone was messing with him b.c he said there is no way he made 24k posts in the Hotties Forum.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You are right but so was Sooth.

No sponsors = no site. Simple as that. Having no Hotties Forum is better than having no JI.

FWIW Borgo was more pissed about going from 25k posts to about 1.5k with no explanation. And bc of that I think he felt his post count was manually edited by someone as a punishment.

On a smaller scale, I was surprised when my post count was affected.

I distinctly remember being about 10-15 posts away from 9,000. Next thing I know I'm about 10-15 posts away from 8,000. Suffice it to say I wasn't a very happy camper.

But even then, I didn't blow a gasket. I just said "Oh well. Better get back to posting again".

Oh and I really wish the Hotties thread was still around. I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Mods, please merge with future "I'm back,what I miss thread"
    A preemptive future merge?

Whoa.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Not sure what's with all the drama here...

A) He's a multi-banned poster
    B) He sounded off on a mod
    C) The ban will be lifted around the time training camp starts, if not sooner, if I had to take a guess

I like Borgo but he's a big boy and knew what he was getting himself into with that post.
    I appreciate your putting a bow on it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    when a long-time member gets a 2 year ban, even if it may be warranted in the eyes o' the law, I think it's something the community should know
    what? the guy had like 1500 posts!