Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So....Borgo Banned Two Years, eh?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Not all true as steel. As I read through it, most posters think you do a good job. You probably , due to your closeness to the issue, misinterpret vague posts.

Many here don't know GJH. That said... I have ONE poster on ignore and it makes my life easy. Point being.....2 reasonable people can have a conflict.

I think 2 years is ridiculous. It may as well be life but I BELIEVE the general feeling is the problem is not you but with us losing a favorite poster.

He contributed to the hamper and the strip.
    What Borgo said to me was absolutely crazy and uncalled for. It was filled with venom and absolute hate. Reading through these responses, however, clearly indicates that people are more willing to look past that, which is an indirect insult to me. As if to say, "Who cares what he said BHR, he's a little dweeb anyway."

Like I said, I get it. Whatever. You're all imaginary Internet beings anyway.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You mean...KAOS?
    Could be. Does Timmy have a shoe phone?

I was thinking more along the lines of this gem from Robert Duvall's early TV days (Wild Wild West) as The Falcon (a role I'm sure he wishes now he'd never stooped to take) :

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You're all imaginary Internet beings anyway.
    I copyrighted that. Don't make me yell at you.

All Pro
    What Borgo said to me was absolutely crazy and uncalled for. It was filled with venom and absolute hate. Reading through these responses, however, clearly indicates that people are more willing to look past that, which is an indirect insult to me. As if to say, "Who cares what he said BHR, he's a little dweeb anyway."

Sorry, but you're not making it better. I think the general assessment on "thin-skinnedness" is being confirmed, unfortunately.

Jets Insider VIP
    Moderating a forum sucks. Moderating it correctly sucks even more. The mods here give more slack than Cleetus' jaw. So if Borgo got banned, he did it mostly to himself. That said, two years is way too excessive for a verbal tête-à-tête, imho.

Hey Warfish, thanks so much for opening this can of worms. Your PSA to the Hampur regulars is a thinly veiled jab at me, all the while saying how much you sympathize with the mods. WTF?
    I do sympathize, quite a bit more than you might think actually. Being in a position where a long time guy does something squarely against the rules puts the Mdoerator in an incredably tough and uncomfortable position, especially if said Moderator himself is a regular poster/coversation partaker.

I've said many times, that exact circumstance was one of my more serious weaknesses as a Moderator, and part of why you've been a far superior one than I in the Poli-Sci section, where I let the regulars at times walk all over me.

I do think you do a good job Paulie, better than I, and I've told you so often and regularly since your promotion. That doesn't mean I'll always agree or as a member of the community not take occasional exception once in a while. Nice to see the 2 years was just a placeholder, but I maintain that the community has the right to know if a guy many of really like gets sidelined for two years. We, of course, can't know it's only a palceholder, nor does the banned guy in question....which is why such long placeholders are often a bad idea.

Based on the responses in this thread, I have to say its disappointing and a little bit saddening. Borgo completely blew up at me in a way that has guaranteed automatic permanent-bans for other posters before him. Green Jets & Ham, anyone? And yet I'm the bad guy. I'm the child. He's the victim of a tyrannical mod. I get it. It's good to know where you stand in the eyes of the masses.
    My unrequested and probably unwanted $0.01 of former Mod advice Paulie, is that if this thread makes you feel how this sounds, you're already too emotionally invested in the situation to be impartial. It's not a reflection on you personally, it's a reflection on the community as a whole. No one questions the ban, no one. The length is what was concerning to most, as the replies clearly show.

Your GJ&H reference is an apt one. I (had I stayed a Mod) would have unbanned him long long ago, regardless of his desire to come back or not, or his surely permanent loathing of me or not.

It's not about you, or me, it's about the community, and trying to understand the other folks here, forgive and forget, and giving even the worst the benefit of the doubt and another chance. I may really dislike FF, for example, but despite what I say, I'd probably'd never really ban him for more than a day or two, no matter what bluster I sperge. He's as much a part of the community as I, like it or not. And remember, he's the guy who posted here for years with a "Hey Fatboy" comment directed at me the entire time. I certainly understand how annoying it can be to feel personally insulted by a poster.

/shrug

I'm sorry you took it as an insult on your character, although I certainly see how you could. For that, you have my personal apology. Only thing I can offer.
    Last edited by Churchill; 06-14-2013 at 04:57 PM.

All Pro
    I have a best friend, I've been buds with since 7th grade= nearly 30 years.

The last time we came to blows was about 12 years ago, now we don't swing on each other lately, still for what ever reasons, we have to take a 2 week to 6 month time out from each other, occasionally. I love that guy, and we both know we count on the other when times call for support. Still Ray can be quite a dick some times, I take the good with the bad and move on.

I like how Sammy put it, "Don't Do The Crime If You Can't Do The Time".

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    BLOH ME.... BTW, I found 2 other guys to gig/play with.

I'm gonna play electric bass. UK, RUSH....stuff like that. 3 piece trio stuff.

I'll let you know how it goes Monday night when we play for the first time.
    I just banned him for encouraging others to leave. He'll be back Monday latest.

All Pro
    Hey Warfish, thanks so much for opening this can of worms. Your PSA to the Hampur regulars is a thinly veiled jab at me, all the while saying how much you sympathize with the mods. WTF?

On the Borgo banning, for everyone's information, his 2 year sentence was more or less a placeholder while we were discussing how long it really should be. Even though I didn't ban him, I have not joined the discussion because it wasn't my place to. A conflict of interest, if you will.

Based on the responses in this thread, I have to say its disappointing and a little bit saddening. Borgo completely blew up at me in a way that has guaranteed automatic permanent-bans for other posters before him. Green Jets & Ham, anyone? And yet I'm the bad guy. I'm the child. He's the victim of a tyrannical mod. I

get it. It's good to know where you stand in the eyes of the masses.

I don't think anyone blames you or anyone else for banning him. Wasn't GJH actually physically threatening people and just acting like a total lunatic? Not comparable, really.

Was it a childish outburst by BG? Yup.

But how was it any different than any other post that gets someone a 2 week vaca?

I tried to back ya. Got lost in the 20th post bottom page disaster. Hate it when that happens.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    LOL

I was a mod for years, and I'm currently an Admin on another Jets site.

The bulk of the work lies mainly with the maintenance of the forum software and the database.

Moderating users (making decisions and dealing with petty squabbles) isn't as intensive as it's made out to be. If you don't have the grapefruits to deal with people on the internet with a clean conscience, then you're not cut out for this racket.

This isn't a dig at anybody...just giving my opinion because i've had experience in these matters.

From what i've seen, the current mods have been doing a decent job here since i began my tenure....which makes it even more surprising to see all the butthurt in this thread. Not only should the masses "let it go" per se, but the mods should too.

/02 cents

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    He tried, wanted and succeeded yet everyone is pissed at Paulie??
    Logically, this makes sense, but we're not the Hampur for nothing. I think very few, if anyone is pissed at Paulie. Pretty sure he's still one of the most popular guys here and if we had to have anyone date our daughters it would be him. No actually Jets Things would be first, and then him.

I didn't see anything close to the GJH rant, but I could have missed it.

I was trying to find a Stokes post where he once called me a "three nutted, one toof, slope shouldered, chicken sh*t", all in one sentence.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I just banned him for encouraging others to leave. He'll be back Monday latest.
    LMAO. I was wondering if this thread would yield any bandings. FF2 will suffice.

All League

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Sorry, but you're not making it better. I think the general assessment on "thin-skinnedness" is being confirmed, unfortunately.
    I called him steely eyed...and I stand behind my keyboard

Did I show you guys my BHR tat?

It's on my wife.

All Pro
    Any 20 guy something that listens to Frank Sinatra is my kinda of guy and can't be all bad.

I hope to some day Vote for BR, of course I don't know who he is. Just some imaginary internet guy I suppose.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I just today realized that Caltron and Paulie are two different posters.

Huh.

My 1 cent surely means nothing.. But as a non reg hangar who doesn't follow this borgo guy, or someone who has no allegiance to any mods, maybe i could offer a impartial view..how about lifetime probation.. Since many here claim it was a completely random bad day he insulted a mod, he surely is very sorry and wouldn't do it again.. In return if he did do it again he gets the life ban and nobody can cry about it if that happened..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Borgo completely blew up at me in a way that has guaranteed automatic permanent-bans for other posters before him. Green Jets & Ham, anyone?

GJ&H was a sociopath with a track-record of abusing power and civil decency.

Borgo was a horn dog.

These two long-time posters are in no way comparable.