Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 271

Thread: So....Borgo Banned Two Years, eh?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Thanks for the props; not many coming this way. It's appreciated. honest
    No one knows the diffiuclty you folks face more than I. And I maintain we have the best consistently fair and fair minded moderator team around, perhaps too much so some days. I think most of us would say we appreciate everything you guys do to keep our community humming.

    With that said, when a long-time member gets a 2 year ban, even if it may be warranted in the eyes o' the law, I think it's something the community should know, if nothing else to save usthe inevitable "Where is Borgo" and "Petition to Resore Borgo" threads.

    I have nothing but understanding for Paulie. I've been in his shoes more than once and it sucked frankly. It sucks to this day. But I'd say (and have said) that even the banning from that time should be ended and universal amnesty/forgiveness issued forth.

    It's not an issue of not appreciating our Moderators. It's more that even the best of us have a bad busted ass crazy day from time to time, posters and mods alike, and everyone (much less long-time members) deserves a second or third chance when it comes to a forum like this.

    After all, SAR I and Tex seem to always be here, no matter how much trolling they do. I'd hate to think any well-liked lifelong poster would get a longer sentence than these two do.

    The Defense Rests, you Honour.
    Last edited by Churchill; 06-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Bring Borgo back because he sucks no more than any of us here.


    And it's just a better brand of hamper with his insightful, cleavage infused posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Truth be told, neither one is my type. Although I've found various blondes and/or redheads attractive, I prefer women with dark hair and eyes (in a perfect world, caramel colored skin, too).

    That said, gun to my head, in their primes, I'd pick Amanda over Hillary. More than anything, I am disputing that Amanda was never in the top 10 of Nickelodeon chicks. IMO, she is.

    Duff is hot, no doubt. Not saying I would not inseminate various cavities on her person, but Duff is too short and dwarf like for my liking (licking?). Amanda projects taller and, IMO, the girl-next-door sexiness which Duff, outside of her youthful/"jail bait" Lizzie McGuire days, cannot attain. Again, just my impression/opinion.






  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,933
    Perhaps BG could serve out till kick off 2013 and give some sort of community service upon his return like making weekly contributions to the draft board.

  4. #24
    If im out of place as a waterboy for asking forget it, no problem.

    But what exactly could someone say to get them banned for 2 years?

    Besides spamming a thread with some racist stuff i cant think of anything. Sticks and stones mentallity with these types of things in my mind.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    No one knows the diffiuclty you folks face more than I. And I maintain we have the best consistently fair and fair minded moderator team around, perhaps too much so some days. I think most of us would say we appreciate everything you guys do to keep our community humming.

    With that said, when a long-time member gets a 2 year ban, even if it may be warranted in the eyes o' the law, I think it's something the community should know, if nothing else to save usthe inevitable "Where is Borgo" and "Petition to Resore Borgo" threads.

    I have nothing but understanding for Paulie. I've been in his shoes more than once and it sucked frankly. It sucks to this day. But I'd say (and have said) that even the banning from that time should be ended and universal amnesty/forgiveness issued forth.

    It's not an issue of not appreciating our Moderators. It's more that even the best of us have a bad busted ass crazy day from time to time, posters and mods alike, and everyone (much less long-time members) deserves a second or third chance when it comes to a forum like this.

    After all, SAR I and Tex seem to always be here, no matter how much trolling they do. I'd hate to think any well-liked lifelong poster would get a longer sentence than these two do.
    But you're certainly not questioning our Moderator Team.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    But you're certainly not questioning our Moderator Team.
    GFY Trollboy. Be glad I never did what I REALLY wanted to way way back when or two years woulda looked like a short spring afternoon by comparison.

    Which should serve as an example. I'da lifetiem banned you. But I didn't, did I. Despite almost every post you post here being a troll in one form or another.

    Everyone deserves a second chance. Or a third. Or in your case, a 46,505th.

  7. #27
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    No one knows the diffiuclty you folks face more than I. And I maintain we have the best consistently fair and fair minded moderator team around, perhaps too much so some days. I think most of us would say we appreciate everything you guys do to keep our community humming.
    Thank you.

    With that said, when a long-time member gets a 2 year ban, even if it may be warranted in the eyes o' the law, I think it's something the community should know, if nothing else to save usthe inevitable "Where is Borgo" and "Petition to Resore Borgo" threads.

    I have nothing but understanding for Paulie. I've been in his shoes more than once and it sucked frankly. It sucks to this day. But I'd say (and have said) that even the banning from that time should be ended and universal amnesty/forgiveness issued forth.

    It's not an issue of not appreciating our Moderators. It's more that even the best of us have a bad busted ass crazy day from time to time, posters and mods alike, and everyone (much less long-time members) deserves a second or third chance when it comes to a forum like this.

    After all, SAR I and Tex seem to always be here, no matter how much trolling they do. I'd hate to think any well-liked lifelong poster would get a longer sentence than these two do.
    Let me step in for BR - this was no "bad day" from Borgo; everybody knows it. This was a long-running diatribe; with the post count reminding him and whoever else that cared that he was "less" somehow...mods did not want that. Why would we "punish" a leading contributor? Even one that was notorious for "bringing the beauty and something extra"...why "can" a guy that generates activity?

    Push met shove. Nothing is clear about how long a ban is warranted; going to have to wait and see.

    Let it go.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-14-2013 at 02:27 PM.

  8. #28
    Proportionality is a general principle in law which covers several special (although related) concepts. The concept of proportionality is used as a criterion of fairness and justice in statutory interpretation processes, especially in constitutional law, as a logical method intended to assist in discerning the correct balance between the restriction imposed by a corrective measure and the severity of the nature of the prohibited act. Within municipal (domestic) law it is used to convey the idea that the punishment of an offender should fit the crime.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,933
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post




    Nothing is clear about how long a ban is warranted; going to have to wait and see.

    Let it go.
    This is a positive, you are the man WCO.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    No one knows the diffiuclty you folks face more than I. And I maintain we have the best consistently fair and fair minded moderator team around, perhaps too much so some days. I think most of us would say we appreciate everything you guys do to keep our community humming.

    With that said, when a long-time member gets a 2 year ban, even if it may be warranted in the eyes o' the law, I think it's something the community should know, if nothing else to save usthe inevitable "Where is Borgo" and "Petition to Resore Borgo" threads.

    I have nothing but understanding for Paulie. I've been in his shoes more than once and it sucked frankly. It sucks to this day. But I'd say (and have said) that even the banning from that time should be ended and universal amnesty/forgiveness issued forth.

    It's not an issue of not appreciating our Moderators. It's more that even the best of us have a bad busted ass crazy day from time to time, posters and mods alike, and everyone (much less long-time members) deserves a second or third chance when it comes to a forum like this.

    After all, SAR I and Tex seem to always be here, no matter how much trolling they do. I'd hate to think any well-liked lifelong poster would get a longer sentence than these two do.

    The Defense Rests, you Honour.
    LOL. It was Paulie who banned SAR too.

    Who the fk gave him the keys to the car?

  11. #31
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Proportionality is a general principle in law which covers several special (although related) concepts. The concept of proportionality is used as a criterion of fairness and justice in statutory interpretation processes, especially in constitutional law, as a logical method intended to assist in discerning the correct balance between the restriction imposed by a corrective measure and the severity of the nature of the prohibited act. Within municipal (domestic) law it is used to convey the idea that the punishment of an offender should fit the crime.
    Proportions? Where are the tits?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    GFY Trollboy. Be glad I never did what I REALLY wanted to way way back when or two years woulda looked like a short spring afternoon by comparison.

    Which should serve as an example. I'da lifetiem banned you. But I didn't, did I. Despite almost every post you post here being a troll in one form or another.

    Everyone deserves a second chance. Or a third. Or in your case, a 46,505th.
    Ohhhh I'm so scared of your scary ex-Mod threats.

    You had you time as a Mod and you sucked. STFU and let them do their jobs.

  13. #33
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    LOL. It was Paulie who banned SAR too.

    Who the fk gave him the keys to the car?
    Are you kidding? Little Michael Corleone? He runs that mod lounge with a steely eye

    Lookit me; I'm Tom Hagan, here!

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,933
    As usual "all about me" in here, Let's not screw it up.

  15. #35
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,468
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Ohhhh I'm so scared of your scary ex-Mod threats.

    STFU and let them do their jobs.
    Hold on; I'm looking at a squirrel EDIT: dude ran off with the bud I left by the pool

    BTW, cut this nonsense out or you'll both be gone.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-14-2013 at 02:41 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    If im out of place as a waterboy for asking forget it, no problem.

    But what exactly could someone say to get them banned for 2 years?

    Besides spamming a thread with some racist stuff i cant think of anything. Sticks and stones mentallity with these types of things in my mind.
    He insulted a mod in a very uncharacteristic rant. A damned good one at that. I was impressed. The mod did not take it too well.

    Very much like the judge in the Chad Johnson plea hearing.

    In fact, I have to ask... Is this judge Paulie's sister? Cousin? I guess she didn't get the concept of proportionality down in the first year of law school.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZ8Dy8uOho

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    LOL. It was Paulie who banned SAR too.

    Who the fk gave him the keys to the car?
    So sar was banned? What on earth for ?

  18. #38
    As Sammy sings...Dont Do the Crime if You Can't Do The Time

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUFuTKdWAw

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,933
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Are you kidding? Little Michael Corleone? He runs that mod lounge with a steely eye

    Lookit me; I'm Tom Hagan, here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30Y0n1nDH4

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Ohhhh I'm so scared of your scary ex-Mod threats.

    You had you time as a Mod and you sucked. STFU and let them do their jobs.
    Lol, what threats?

    Funny tho, thats alot stronger words than the soft and girlish ones you used back then, thats for sure. Easy to play e-tough guy with nothing on the line, eh?

    In any event, I'll say what I please, as I please. And again, you can GFY my trolly chucklenuts friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    BTW, cut this nonsense out or you'll both be gone.
    You do what you think you need to WCO.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us