Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets sign Kellen Winslow

whatever. he was a very good prospect but got injured and never came back the same. can still contribute.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    A low risk, high reward signing at a position of need.

Lets just hope he can stay healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    A low risk, high reward signing at a position of need.

Lets just hope he can stay healthy.
    The guy needs pain management after knee surgery; he can play but will his knees let him do what he want them to do. It's a toss up at this point.

If he can stay healthy, it will be a good addition. I imagine the 1 year contract is probably incentive laden. He's probably situational at this point but if he can flash, he'll do well with a little support.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Where is it that anyone on this site is getting carried away....people are just saying its a good pick up and he will probably be the starter....why is it that EVERY time people on this board says something positive someone comes on and says don't get carried away......why do so many of you have this non stop negative attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    In an interview I read recently before the signing Winslow stated that both he and the Jets know that due to his physical limitations he won't be an every snap player. (sorry but I can't find the link) So, while this is a good signing let's not get too carried away, Jets fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Please find this so called link....it's the internet...you should be able to find it...I have been looking and can't find an iota of proof that such a discussion took place......please bring FACTS before you post. No one here knows how he will fare in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    In an interview I read recently before the signing Winslow stated that both he and the Jets know that due to his physical limitations he won't be an every snap player. (sorry but I can't find the link) So, while this is a good signing let's not get too carried away, Jets fans.

Hall Of Fame
    his lack of playing time in 2012 was not due to injury...his last full season was only in 2011 when he had 75 grabs.....this dude will make a difference in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The guy needs pain management after knee surgery; he can play but will his knees let him do what he want them to do. It's a toss up at this point.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Belicheat cut him and the guy stays up at night getting off to TEs
    http://nesn.com/2012/09/report-kelle...-playing-time/

It was at the very least a mutual agreement for Winslow to leave NE, but from this article it was retorted her wanted out of NE due to lack of playing time.

Good signing IMO. I expect Winslow too teach and compete with Cumberland and Smith.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Where is it that anyone on this site is getting carried away....people are just saying its a good pick up and he will probably be the starter....why is it that EVERY time people on this board says something positive someone comes on and says don't get carried away......why do so many of you have this non stop negative attitude.
    Please find this so called link....it's the internet...you should be able to find it...I have been looking and can't find an iota of proof that such a discussion took place......please bring FACTS before you post. No one here knows how he will fare in 2013.
    1. I doubt he's a probable started. That is my opinion. That is all I was saying. Please explain how that can be construed as a negative attitude.

2. FWIW, have you contributed anything constructive to this thread yet?

3. Sorry, I searched again but I can't find the link. If you think that I didn't read what I said I did or that if I just misinterpreted what I read you're of course free to do so.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    and catch poorly thrown footballs.
    I'd be ecstatic if he could even catch well-thrown footballs. That would give us an army of one.

Jets Insider VIP
    his lack of playing time in 2012 was not due to injury...his last full season was only in 2011 when he had 75 grabs.....this dude will make a difference in 2013.
    In his interview he said he couldn't bear the pain and had to ask for his release from the Pats. The guy can play but when he takes a shot to that knee will it standup to a 16 game season.

All League
    I have not seen any information on what (if anything) was done to rehabilitate or mitigate Kellen's knee pain since he left the Pats. That may be key to how well he does with the Jets. Does anyone have any information about this?

The guy made it thru mini camp just fine, its a one year contract and like many other veteran signings this offseason, it a crap shoot. I can tell you this, the one year on sideline hopefully has humbled Kellen a bit and he will be ready to give it his best effort to play. As a huge Canes fan I can tell you when healthy he was one of the best college TE to ever play for the U. If we get half the player he was at the U he will still be the best TE the Jets have had in years. He will also be a huge help to the young guys Cumberland and Smith in there development.
    There is so much upside to this signing and if it does not work out we are no worse off then before we signed him. Another good move by our new GM.
    On an added note, I expect a few more of these type deals (WR's) in other areas of need as we move closer to TC.
    Short term low cost and small cap impact, to fill out the roster.

All Pro
    This knee pain is from 2005. He's had many surgeries to clear out scar tissue. I believe it is degenerative. Really only just pain though. He has shown that he is able to play through it. Mostly I think he wants avoid practicing too hard. Whether that's because it helps him on Sundays, or he just doesn't like to practice, or a combination of both I couldn't say. All I know is that it's not the type of injury that is prone to being damaged by playing, or that really slows him down. It just hurts. I don't really think it hurts while you're working, but hurts until you warm up, and then really hurts when it stiffens up. That's why he's straight into the ice tub after practice. I think he'd be better off being the starter, and staying loose the whole game rather than coming off the bench cold. That, I believe is why he wanted out of NE. That and he attitude, which appears to have been adjusted. I have high hopes for him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I'd be ecstatic if he could even catch well-thrown footballs. That would give us an army of one.
    Look back at his numbers. Then look at who was throwing him the ball, and the big time offensive weapons he had around him his whole career. He's probably just a product of the offensive machines in Tampa, and Cleavland.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Look back at his numbers. Then look at who was throwing him the ball, and the big time offensive weapons he had around him his whole career. He's probably just a product of the offensive machines in Tampa, and Cleavland.
    Awesome.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Oh I don't doubt he can catch the ball. I was commenting on the state of the rest of our WRs. Catching poorly thrown passes is just a bonus at this point. Most of them can't even catch an STD in a Bangkok brothel right now. No idea why but it's a problem.

He may be a jerk and injury prone BUT he is better than any TE on the Jets roster. A positive to Idzik for an upgrade.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Oh I don't doubt he can catch the ball. I was commenting on the state of the rest of our WRs. Catching poorly thrown passes is just a bonus at this point. Most of them can't even catch an STD in a Bangkok brothel right now. No idea why but it's a problem.
    I was basically agreeing with you, and didn't want to go back and find the original post you commented on. I think all of those dropped balls are overblown by one beat writer. Rex is changing from good cop to bad cop, and laying down the law that he doesn't want to see any drops, but it really hasn't been that bad. I expect a couple of guys to step up from the 15 WRs we have on the roster right now, and hope Holmes can recover. Lets wait and see what happens once the pads go on.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    He may be a jerk and injury prone BUT he is better than any TE on the Jets roster. A positive to Idzik for an upgrade.
    He's not injury prone. One injury that is degenerative leaves him with a painful joint.