Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets sign Kellen Winslow

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I was basically agreeing with you, and didn't want to go back and find the original post you commented on. I think all of those dropped balls are overblown by one beat writer. Rex is changing from good cop to bad cop, and laying down the law that he doesn't want to see any drops, but it really hasn't been that bad. I expect a couple of guys to step up from the 15 WRs we have on the roster right now, and hope Holmes can recover. Lets wait and see what happens once the pads go on.
    I'm fine with that. I never get too worked up in June or even July. Come August, we'll see what we have. When I think back to Hill's first game against BUF last year I see what we could have in him and it just boggles my mind how far he fell off after that. Hoping we get that guy back.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I'm fine with that. I never get too worked up in June or even July. Come August, we'll see what we have. When I think back to Hill's first game against BUF last year I see what we could have in him and it just boggles my mind how far he fell off after that. Hoping we get that guy back.
    I think it's more mental than anything when it comes to Stephen. Hoping it's just a rookie coming out of a system that didn't utilize him much in the receiving game.

The guy is 6'4 with 4.3 speed and has Randy Moss' body. If he can get the mental aspect down and quit with the mental errors, he'll be that big deep threat we've been wanting. With Kerley in the slot, a reliable Tone across from Stephen, Winslow at TE, and a combo of Ivory/Goodson in the backfield? I'll take it.

He's not injury prone. One injury that is degenerative leaves him with a painful joint.

Sorry for the semantics difference. A chronic injury is therefore a PERMANENT injury. Therefore, actually WORSE.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Sorry for the semantics difference. A chronic injury is therefore a PERMANENT injury. Therefore, actually WORSE.
    Well it's worse for him of course, but not for us. He can play through the pain. Getting hit doesn't affect it. He's never missed a game, or even a play from it as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    A low risk, high reward signing at a position of need.

Lets just hope he can stay healthy.
    Is there a single player signing this year we haven't had to say that about? One of you graphic wiz's should design a new logo for the

"The New York 'If he can stay healthy' Jets"

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Most of them can't even catch an STD in a Bangkok brothel right now.
    Careful now, those Bangkok girls could be someone's mother!

Jets Insider VIP
    I know it's anal, but I'm trying to keep my 90 man roster up to date

Did anybody see who was released to make room for Winslow Jr on the roster?

Maybe that transaction doesn't have to take place until the six week mandated rest period is over and the team reports to Cortland

But the old CPA in me says that my roster should not stand at 91 at this time

I know

seek help

I should

Well it's worse for him of course, but not for us. He can play through the pain. Getting hit doesn't affect it. He's never missed a game, or even a play from it as far as I know.

LOL. Easy for you (or me) to say. Constant pain is not a good thing. It does detract from performance. Of course, there's always cortisone. Or lots of other fine pain relievers.

Banned
    We just upgraded from Dustin Keller with a low-priced free agent off the street. This is anything but a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    We just upgraded from Dustin Keller with a low-priced free agent off the street. This is anything but a bad move.
    Oooooooooohohhhhhh .... Nice try ... Keller is light years better.

Jets Insider VIP
    i
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    nice try

Keller has been invisible for the last two years, after being average for the first two.

and out with more phantom injuries most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I know it's anal, but I'm trying to keep my 90 man roster up to date

Did anybody see who was released to make room for Winslow Jr on the roster?

Maybe that transaction doesn't have to take place until the six week mandated rest period is over and the team reports to Cortland

But the old CPA in me says that my roster should not stand at 91 at this time

I know

seek help

I should
    I don't recall us releasing anyone. IIRC, I saw a tweet that said we had 88 out of 90 spots filled. Idk if that was before signing KW or not, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    i

nice try

Keller has been invisible for the last two years, after being average for the first two.

and out with more phantom injuries most of the time
    Time will tell ... Lets watch what Keller does with a QB that is even slightly accurate. 1000 yds is possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Time will tell ... Lets watch what Keller does with a QB that is even slightly accurate. 1000 yds is possible.
    Agreed

I'm betting Keller won't be much to write home about there either

Banned
    Only on JI can Muhammad Wilkerson be labeled a JAG, while Dustin Keller is considered anything but. The guy was such an overrated piece of sh!t. And he was predicting the Pro Bowl for himself. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So "Nice try," calling Keller light years better than Winslow. Winslow isn't going to be some world-beater, especially at this stage in his career, but I'll take him over that useless f*ck Keller any day.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 06-15-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Only on JI can Muhammad Wilkerson be labeled a JAG, while Dustin Keller is considered anything but. The guy was such an overrated piece of sh!t. And he was predicting the Pro Bowl for himself. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Keep in mind that Dunnie thinks Tebow is amazing, so consider the source.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Keep in mind that Dunnie thinks Tebow is amazing, so consider the source.
    Not true ... I just thought that at the end of last season I would have rather failed with Tebow than Buttchez.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Rex will use him the way Belichick didn't know how last year.
    lolololol

If keller is so awesome, where was his long term deal? Who lined up to sign him?

He had minimal interest at best on the FA market and wound up with a 1 year deal.

Do I think he would have better numbers with a quality QB, yes, but he has never been a TE that can both catch and block....so therefore he is limited as a player.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    what I brought to the thread that was constructive was asking you to provide proof of something that would be major....you did not....hence my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    1. I doubt he's a probable started. That is my opinion. That is all I was saying. Please explain how that can be construed as a negative attitude.

2. FWIW, have you contributed anything constructive to this thread yet?

3. Sorry, I searched again but I can't find the link. If you think that I didn't read what I said I did or that if I just misinterpreted what I read you're of course free to do so.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Not really....injury prone would be what is happening to gronk which is causing him to miss games...he comes back and gets hurt again. Winslows inury was back in 2005 and if I stand correct he has missed 6 games in that time frame. His last two full seasons 2010 and 2011 were very solid....e did nothing in 2012 so I expect a fresh body. No one here knows ho much pain he will be in game to game...if you want to assume the worse like most of you do....some of us will be more optimistic and we have reason to be. Its way to early but at this moment its looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post