All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Kraft: Putin stole Bowl ring

I don't care if this is true or not. I think it's just freakin hilarious:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kraf...I0jipYT6tQxUGO

KRAFT: PUTIN STOLE BOWL RING

Last Updated: 1:31 AM, June 15, 2013
    Posted: 11:18 PM, June 14, 2013

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft revealed the real story behind a 2005 meeting with Vladimir Putin, during which the Russian president pocketed his Super Bowl ring, worth more than $25,000. Kraft, at the time, claimed the diamond-encrusted bauble was a gift, but he now admits Putin stole it, and the White House intervened when he demanded it back.

Kraft explained the incident happened while Sandy Weill and other business execs were in St. Petersburg. “I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’ ” Kraft told the crowd at Carnegie Hall’s Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria.“I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

AFP/Getty Images
    Vladimir Putin

Kraft released a statement at the time, “President Putin, a great and knowledgable sports fan, was clearly taken with its uniqueness. I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and [his] leadership.

But Kraft really wanted the 4.94-carat bauble back, he said Thursday, admitting he’d gotten a call from the George W. Bush-run White House, saying, “‘It would really be in the best interest of US-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present.” (In fact the Soviet Union had collapsed 14 years earlier.)

But, Kraft said, “I really didn’t [want to]. I had an emotional tie to the ring, it has my name on it. I don’t want to see it on eBay. There was a pause on the other end of the line, and the voice repeated, ‘It would really be in the best interest if you meant to give the ring as a present.’ ” The ring is now reportedly kept in the Kremlin library.

Also attending the event were Andre Tippett, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo and Tom Brady, who told us of Tim Tebow joining the Patriots, “I think the more great players we have the better it’s going to be for our team. I hope it turns out well because I’ve had a quite a lot of new guys . . . we’ll see.”

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I don't care if this is true or not. I think it's just freakin hilarious:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kraf...I0jipYT6tQxUGO

KRAFT: PUTIN STOLE BOWL RING

Last Updated: 1:31 AM, June 15, 2013
    Posted: 11:18 PM, June 14, 2013

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft revealed the real story behind a 2005 meeting with Vladimir Putin, during which the Russian president pocketed his Super Bowl ring, worth more than $25,000. Kraft, at the time, claimed the diamond-encrusted bauble was a gift, but he now admits Putin stole it, and the White House intervened when he demanded it back.

Kraft explained the incident happened while Sandy Weill and other business execs were in St. Petersburg. “I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’ ” Kraft told the crowd at Carnegie Hall’s Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria.“I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

AFP/Getty Images
    Vladimir Putin

Kraft released a statement at the time, “President Putin, a great and knowledgable sports fan, was clearly taken with its uniqueness. I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and [his] leadership.

But Kraft really wanted the 4.94-carat bauble back, he said Thursday, admitting he’d gotten a call from the George W. Bush-run White House, saying, “‘It would really be in the best interest of US-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present.” (In fact the Soviet Union had collapsed 14 years earlier.)

But, Kraft said, “I really didn’t [want to]. I had an emotional tie to the ring, it has my name on it. I don’t want to see it on eBay. There was a pause on the other end of the line, and the voice repeated, ‘It would really be in the best interest if you meant to give the ring as a present.’ ” The ring is now reportedly kept in the Kremlin library.

Also attending the event were Andre Tippett, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo and Tom Brady, who told us of Tim Tebow joining the Patriots, “I think the more great players we have the better it’s going to be for our team. I hope it turns out well because I’ve had a quite a lot of new guys . . . we’ll see.”

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Pretty funny...the old fool made a public statrment to the press about his generous gift to the Russian people.

Now, I guess he wants it back to give to his audition bimbo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't know Old Robby was a comrade.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This story is almost as old as Skippy Goo.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The man who cheated in election day got a ring from a team, which cheated to get it.
    How fitting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it really stealing if it's stolen from a thief?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Stop your namecalling.

It's not my fault your Cheater Douches are now a circus with a indian giver owner, an arm wrestling roided side show freak TE, an Elmer Gantry fake evangelist at third string punt protector and a homeless hoodie wearing nutjob at head coach.

I heard some good news though....Kraft is gonna save huge transport costs this season with the entire slimy mob travelling to and from games in a single yellow VW beetle

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Stop your namecalling.

It's not my fault your Cheater Douches are now a circus with a indian giver owner, an arm wrestling roided side show freak TE, an Elmer Gantry fake evangelist at third string punt protector and a homeless hoodie wearing nutjob at head coach.

I heard some good news though....Kraft is gonna save huge transport costs this season with the entire slimy mob travelling to and from games in a single yellow VW beetle
    out of all people you're saying "Stop the name calling"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    out of all people you're saying "Stop the name calling"
    No kidding.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Not. It was on today's evening news. You wish.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are a circus

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Not. It was on today's evening news. You wish.
    Sorry, you need to change channels.

This story, although a riot, is real old.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Jets are a circus
    Is this a Freudian slip??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    The man who cheated in election day got a ring from a team, which cheated to get it.
    How fitting.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post

Cheating never goes away. It lingers. It's how these Patriots, and their owner will be remembered.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    awwwww... putin stole my $25,000 ring. wahhh wahhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I want it back!!!

who gives 2 rat turds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post

It's back in the news, again. Because Krafty now is admitting he lied and said he gave it away as a gift, and now wants his ring back. Unfortunately for Patriot fans, who would prefer this stay buried to spare them the embarrassment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Jets are a circus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZMbs5PC64

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It's back in the news, again. Because Krafty now is admitting he lied and said he gave it away as a gift, and now wants his ring back. Unfortunately for Patriot fans, who would prefer this stay buried to spare them the embarrassment.
    Huh? Where's the embarrassment? Bush asked Kraft to say it was a 'gift' and he did. Now the true story is being regurgitated. (It was reported exactly like this in Boston at least over 6 years ago.)

You are trying too way hard. No big surprise there.