Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Snowden: Valid Drone Strike Target or No? And Why?

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Just to help me out here: When did we outsource drone strikes?
    I happen to agree that outsourcing intel gathering is expensive and stupid.
    Booz Allen Hamilton has been doing things for over 100 years but this latest activity is a bit much. Actually I used them in the day for management input on strategy etc. They are now into weapons design also. You can't do EVERYTHING well.
    I know at least since 2007, I know one of them.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Thanks. Was actually not aware.
    I have a TOTAL problem with this. The outsourcing of combat activity is totally wrong and BS.
    Drones should be only with the command and control of the government directly - either a military arm or the CIA.
    The same should be for intel gathering. A government entity.
    I, frankly, think we have lost it from a government admin standpoint.
    I don't even like private contractors serving food in mess halls.
    This is costly and corrupt.
    You could potentially have private companies with access to real time movement of special opps forces on secret combat missions. How valuable would that be for a company looking to replace men in the field with a government contract for drones or other none manned combat tools for sale?

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    You could potentially have private companies with access to real time movement of special opps forces on secret combat missions. How valuable would that be for a company looking to replace men in the field with a government contract for drones or other none manned combat tools for sale?
    That's already happening in Afghanistan and Iraq.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should a LEO be allowed to shoot someone posing a lethal risk to the public?

    I mean, why should the police be allowed to take away the right of an American citizen to have a trial? Just posing a risk to public safety should in no way give a government the right to sentence someone to death without a proper trial.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    7,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    And of course we should note that the supposed "proof" of the need for these programs has been greatly exaggerated/fabricated...

    http://news.yahoo.com/nsa-exaggerati...212733162.html

  6. #46
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    snowden is a herot

    Thank you snowden for telling about out fraud government. Are fellow Jet fans are confused with you being the bad guy, but in my eyes your the good guy

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we can assassinate him but we have to make sure we outsource it to the low bid company that has Union workers on a qualifying health plan. I almost forgot a super secret Court has to rubber stamp it.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-26-2013 at 08:34 AM.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    19,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I think we can assassinate him but we have to make sure we outsource it to the low bid company that has Union workers on a qualifying health plan. I almost forgot a super secret Court has to rubber stamp it.
    Perfect for Obuttocks.

    No, he's not eligible for a drone strike. He should be considered a spy, and historically, spies are not dispatched by drones. Maybe an exploding cigar.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Perfect for Obuttocks.

    No, he's not eligible for a drone strike. He should be considered a spy, and historically, spies are not dispatched by drones. Maybe an exploding cigar.
    The three stooges, Congress, the President and the Court. Seems appropriate.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    19,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The three stooges, Congress, the President and the Court. Seems appropriate.
    actually, was thinking of another Dem president trying to take out Castro.

    Hilarity ensues.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Snowmen is a criminal? The real criminals are the NSA, DOJ and El Presidente.
    Bush was bad, but Obama makes him looks like a saint. But that is the Chicago
    Way.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us