Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: The Ongoing Epidemic of Sex Abuse in Schools Rolls On....

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Ongoing Epidemic of Sex Abuse in Schools Rolls On....

    http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/14/justic...html?hpt=hp_t5

    Forget Church. More and more, the school is a place where children are exploited for sex by those tasked with educating them.

    be nice if we could summon an equal amount of outrage over this epidemic from the usual suspects.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    She looks like she had a bout with meth.
    All sexual abuse of children is a disgrace and should be harshly punished.
    I do not care if the offender is male or female or the victim is male or female.

    I do think it is more common in schools than among the clergy.

    The nonsense in the military is also terrible. I am tired of hearing that women should not be there and tat's the cause of the problem.
    It's even common at the three service academies. The offenders should be expelled and jailed -in a military prison.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Priests?

    Worry about your Teachers more.

    http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t2

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Priests?

    Worry about your Teachers more.

    http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Does the NTA have a bagman like the church?

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Does the NTA have a bagman like the church?
    Whut?

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,415
    Post Thanks / Like
    UFT - Defenders of pedofiles and child rapists all over the country.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to make light of this situation but I had a few teachers in HS that I wish took advantage of me.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Whut?
    The Vatican had Priests whose job was to buy the silence of the victims. Fact.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe an organization run by an omnipotent being who knows all and can see into your soul, who is the Alpha and the Omega, who is love, just and righteous would allow a single child rapist into their ranks.

    Public schools aren't just what they used to be back when people were being stoned for wearing sandals with nails in them. I say we should bring back stoning.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I can't believe an organization run by an omnipotent being who knows all and can see into your soul, who is the Alpha and the Omega, who is love, just and righteous would allow a single child rapist into their ranks.
    Indeed, I too expect better from President Obama.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Indeed, I too expect better from President Obama.
    Obama the Infallible chosen by smoke signals from a sheet metal chimney?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Just had a chance to read that article. Raping special ed children. Doesn't get much lower than that.

    Lex talionis.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The Vatican had Priests whose job was to buy the silence of the victims. Fact.
    Oh. Bagmen are the reverse, they're involved in receiving and distributing extortion/bribe to their bosses, not doling them out to the public.

    Unfortunately what you said is true, but it was not an common occurence, not restricted to Catholic schools in NY, (the private Horace Mann and Poly Prep schools had their own scandals covered up) and far, far more prevalent in public schools. Think we discussed that before:

    A 2004 U.S. Department of Education report reported that "the most accurate data available" reveals that "nearly 9.6 percent of [public school] students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."

    http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research...iew/report.pdf

    Back in the day (early 70s) sex offenders of all kinds were considered mentally ill and not criminals they got outpatient treatment/counseling vs. jail. This practice did not cure recidivism as seen in the (extreme) case of the deaf school priest. The report above mentions that into the early 90s abuse was typically NOT reported to police. Thankfully that has changed.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-20-2013 at 08:18 PM.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    7,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Oh. Bagmen are the reverse, they're involved in receiving and distributing extortion/bribe to their bosses, not doling them out to the public.

    Unfortunately what you said is true, but it was not an common occurence, not restricted to Catholic schools in NY, (the private Horace Mann and Poly Prep schools had their own scandals covered up) and far, far more prevalent in public schools. Think we discussed that before:

    A 2004 U.S. Department of Education report reported that "the most accurate data available" reveals that "nearly 9.6 percent of [public school] students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."

    http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research...iew/report.pdf

    Back in the day (early 70s) sex offenders of all kinds were considered mentally ill and not criminals they got outpatient treatment/counseling vs. jail. This practice did not cure recidivism as seen in the (extreme) case of the deaf school priest. The report above mentions that into the early 90s abuse was typically NOT reported to police. Thankfully that has changed.
    Who are you and what have you done with the real Jungle Shift?

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Oh. Bagmen are the reverse, they're involved in receiving and distributing extortion/bribe to their bosses, not doling them out to the public.

    Unfortunately what you said is true, but it was not an common occurence, not restricted to Catholic schools in NY, (the private Horace Mann and Poly Prep schools had their own scandals covered up) and far, far more prevalent in public schools. Think we discussed that before:

    A 2004 U.S. Department of Education report reported that "the most accurate data available" reveals that "nearly 9.6 percent of [public school] students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."

    http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research...iew/report.pdf

    Back in the day (early 70s) sex offenders of all kinds were considered mentally ill and not criminals they got outpatient treatment/counseling vs. jail. This practice did not cure recidivism as seen in the (extreme) case of the deaf school priest. The report above mentions that into the early 90s abuse was typically NOT reported to police. Thankfully that has changed.
    Unfortunately, not in some communities - which I can't even find words to express my outrage at.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    California teacher accused of having student's baby

    Published July 03, 2013
    Associated Press

    REDLANDS, Calif. A Southern California high school teacher was arrested on unlawful sex charges two weeks after she gave birth to a baby that was allegedly fathered by a student, Redlands police said Tuesday.

    Laura Elizabeth Whitehurst, 28, was arrested Monday night for allegedly having unlawful sex with a 16-year-old, Redlands police spokesman Carl Baker. She was the boy's adviser.

    Officials at Citrus Valley High School in Redlands contacted police on Monday, acting on a tip from the boy's mother.

    The sexual relationship began last summer and continued for nearly a year, police said. The boy is now 17.

    Whitehurst gave birth to the child June 18.

    A telephone message left at the Whitehurst home was not immediately returned.

    In a statement, Redlands Unified School District Assistant Superintendent Sabine Robertson-Phillips said they were "recently made aware of allegations involving a high school student and teacher."

    Police were immediately notified and Whitehurst was placed on leave, Robertson-Phillips said.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us