Thread: The Ongoing Epidemic of Sex Abuse in Schools Rolls On....

The Ongoing Epidemic of Sex Abuse in Schools Rolls On....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/14/justic...html?hpt=hp_t5

Forget Church. More and more, the school is a place where children are exploited for sex by those tasked with educating them.

be nice if we could summon an equal amount of outrage over this epidemic from the usual suspects.

She looks like she had a bout with meth.
    All sexual abuse of children is a disgrace and should be harshly punished.
    I do not care if the offender is male or female or the victim is male or female.

I do think it is more common in schools than among the clergy.

The nonsense in the military is also terrible. I am tired of hearing that women should not be there and tat's the cause of the problem.
    It's even common at the three service academies. The offenders should be expelled and jailed -in a military prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Priests?

Worry about your Teachers more.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Does the NTA have a bagman like the church?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Does the NTA have a bagman like the church?
    Whut?

UFT - Defenders of pedofiles and child rapists all over the country.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't want to make light of this situation but I had a few teachers in HS that I wish took advantage of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Whut?
    The Vatican had Priests whose job was to buy the silence of the victims. Fact.

Jets Insider VIP
    I can't believe an organization run by an omnipotent being who knows all and can see into your soul, who is the Alpha and the Omega, who is love, just and righteous would allow a single child rapist into their ranks.

Public schools aren't just what they used to be back when people were being stoned for wearing sandals with nails in them. I say we should bring back stoning.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I can't believe an organization run by an omnipotent being who knows all and can see into your soul, who is the Alpha and the Omega, who is love, just and righteous would allow a single child rapist into their ranks.
    Indeed, I too expect better from President Obama.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Indeed, I too expect better from President Obama.
    Obama the Infallible chosen by smoke signals from a sheet metal chimney?

Hall Of Fame
    Wow. Just had a chance to read that article. Raping special ed children. Doesn't get much lower than that.

Lex talionis.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The Vatican had Priests whose job was to buy the silence of the victims. Fact.
    Oh. Bagmen are the reverse, they're involved in receiving and distributing extortion/bribe to their bosses, not doling them out to the public.

Unfortunately what you said is true, but it was not an common occurence, not restricted to Catholic schools in NY, (the private Horace Mann and Poly Prep schools had their own scandals covered up) and far, far more prevalent in public schools. Think we discussed that before:

A 2004 U.S. Department of Education report reported that "the most accurate data available" reveals that "nearly 9.6 percent of [public school] students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."

http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research...iew/report.pdf

Back in the day (early 70s) sex offenders of all kinds were considered mentally ill and not criminals they got outpatient treatment/counseling vs. jail. This practice did not cure recidivism as seen in the (extreme) case of the deaf school priest. The report above mentions that into the early 90s abuse was typically NOT reported to police. Thankfully that has changed.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-20-2013 at 08:18 PM.

All Pro
    Oh. Bagmen are the reverse, they're involved in receiving and distributing extortion/bribe to their bosses, not doling them out to the public.

Unfortunately what you said is true, but it was not an common occurence, not restricted to Catholic schools in NY, (the private Horace Mann and Poly Prep schools had their own scandals covered up) and far, far more prevalent in public schools. Think we discussed that before:

A 2004 U.S. Department of Education report reported that "the most accurate data available" reveals that "nearly 9.6 percent of [public school] students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."

Back in the day (early 70s) sex offenders of all kinds were considered mentally ill and not criminals they got outpatient treatment/counseling vs. jail. This practice did not cure recidivism as seen in the (extreme) case of the deaf school priest. The report above mentions that into the early 90s abuse was typically NOT reported to police. Thankfully that has changed.
    Who are you and what have you done with the real Jungle Shift?

Unfortunately, not in some communities - which I can't even find words to express my outrage at.

California teacher accused of having student's baby

Published July 03, 2013
    Associated Press

REDLANDS, Calif. A Southern California high school teacher was arrested on unlawful sex charges two weeks after she gave birth to a baby that was allegedly fathered by a student, Redlands police said Tuesday.

Laura Elizabeth Whitehurst, 28, was arrested Monday night for allegedly having unlawful sex with a 16-year-old, Redlands police spokesman Carl Baker. She was the boy's adviser.

Officials at Citrus Valley High School in Redlands contacted police on Monday, acting on a tip from the boy's mother.

The sexual relationship began last summer and continued for nearly a year, police said. The boy is now 17.

Whitehurst gave birth to the child June 18.

A telephone message left at the Whitehurst home was not immediately returned.

In a statement, Redlands Unified School District Assistant Superintendent Sabine Robertson-Phillips said they were "recently made aware of allegations involving a high school student and teacher."

Police were immediately notified and Whitehurst was placed on leave, Robertson-Phillips said.