Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Poitras, Greenwald, Gellman: Co-Conspirators to the Snowden Leak?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Poitras, Greenwald, Gellman: Co-Conspirators to the Snowden Leak?

So, we clearly have a case of highly classified U.S. Intelligence inormation having been leaked to the media.

In at least one previous case, the media recipient of similar leaked information was classified as an unindicted co-conspirator for his role in a similar, lbeit far less damaging, leak.

With that said, what is th arguemnt that Documentary Filmmaker Poitras, Guardian employee Greenwald and WashPost emplyee Gellman should not recieve the same treatement for thsi far more important and potentially damaging leak, and the subequent mass-publication of it?

I'm no asking if you think the media should be immune from such descriptions/prosecutions.

I'm asking what the basis is for treating one leak in such a way, and treating a diferent, but worse leak, differently?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the media is and should be immune. If someone passes them info they have a right to publish/broadcast it.
    If, however, they BRIBE someone to obtain it, then I think they are culpable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I believe the media is and should be immune. If someone passes them info they have a right to publish/broadcast it.
    If, however, they BRIBE someone to obtain it, then I think they are culpable.
    You're not answering Churchill's carefully crafted forced response question. You're not allowed to state whether they should be immune. Only if you agree with Churchill's rhetorical question as to why there is a false difference between the two cases.

Of course, Churchill has no opinion on the matter; he's merely asking a question.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You're not answering Churchill's carefully crafted forced response question. You're not allowed to state whether they should be immune. Only if you agree with Churchill's rhetorical question as to why there is a false difference between the two cases.

Of course, Churchill has no opinion on the matter; he's merely asking a question.
    Of course I have an opinion.

What's obvious, in this thread now and the other, is that you have no serious answer to these issues that would not brand you a flaming hypocrite to one and all.

No worries. It's quite obvious that for some, Politics > Ideals and Beliefs.

For the record, my opinion is "no", they shouldn't be. One wrong does not validate a second wrong.

P.S. If you don't like my thread LiL, feel free to start your own. It's quite easy to snipe the discussions in here when you don't start any of your own. Step up, and drive the debates here if it's so easy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    After seeing Greenwald's multiple interviews I hope the guy never steps foot in the US again, since he lives in Brazil and works for a British paper.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Of course I have an opinion.

What's obvious, in this thread now and the other, is that you have no serious answer to these issues that would not brand you a flaming hypocrite to one and all.

No worries. It's quite obvious that for some, Politics > Ideals and Beliefs.

For the record, my opinion is "no", they shouldn't be. One wrong does not validate a second wrong.

P.S. If you don't like my thread LiL, feel free to start your own. It's quite easy to snipe the discussions in here when you don't start any of your own. Step up, and drive the debates here if it's so easy.
    Sometimes it's better to just state your opinion than to set up a phony "what do you think?" thread. Your opinion is obvious, despite your attempts to stage a "gotcha" question for hypocrites like me (who didn't answer the question, but you already "knew" my position without even needing my response ). It's all so neat and tidy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes it's better to just state your opinion than to set up a phony "what do you think?" thread. Your opinion is obvious, despite your attempts to stage a "gotcha" question for hypocrites like me (who didn't answer the question, but you already "knew" my position without even needing my response ). It's all so neat and tidy.
    I was sure I was being clear that I don't care what you think the "right way" to form thread topics is.

The "Start Thread" button is right over there. If you think you can do better in being a productive member of this community fostering discussion on the issues of the day, by all means, get to it.

I saw what the forum looked like when I was on break. Slow as molassas and ignoring/missing almost every big news item that came round. So you may not approve how I ask questions, but at least they're being asked and discussed again.

As it is, it's pretty obviosu why you keep attacking me rather than dealing with the topic. "Search" feature means answering these honestly would put you in rather questionable light.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was sure I was being clear that I don't care what you think the "right way" to form thread topics is.
    Your formula is whats annoying.

Why bother with the whole fakey question thing?

Just state your opinion in the first post instead of post 12, telling everyone they are wrong and not all wordly smart like you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw what the forum looked like when I was on break. Slow as molassas and ignoring/missing almost every big news item that came round.
    Yes, its all about you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Yes, its all about you.
    It's certainly not about you, mate. Your contribution to serious discourse here could fit in a thimble.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's certainly not about you, mate.
    No doubt. I never claimed otherwise.
    Last edited by FF2; 06-17-2013 at 12:52 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a fair comment. I'll try again. I believe that the Justice Dept. made a mistake and was totally off base going after the Fox commentator - Rosen.
    I think it was purely an anti Fox News gambit. An anti conservative move - just like the IRS nonsense - directed at Conservatives.