Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 218

Thread: Kerry Rhodes........Uh, yeah!!

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    That's life when management changes people can do what they want to do in a free society. They can take it unhappily, adapt to it, or move on. It works pretty well.

    EXACTLY. That's why Rex Ryan canned Kerry Rhodes. He couldn't get him to do what he wanted him to do. In other words, he was not a team player. Kerry Rhodes had his own agenda.

    And it's pretty stupid on the part of Sherry anyway. Did he honestly think this was a battle he was going to win? I mean get the HC fired and be able to play in NY for as long as he wanted and do whatever the f*ck he so chose?

    That's a battle you will lose every time. And rightfully so. ALL 52 other players want to do their best and give the HC 100%, so why shouldn't Sherry be held to the same standard?

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    EXACTLY. That's why Rex Ryan canned Kerry Rhodes. He couldn't get him to do what he wanted him to do. In other words, he was not a team player. Kerry Rhodes had his own agenda.

    And it's pretty stupid on the part of Sherry anyway. Did he honestly think this was a battle he was going to win? I mean get the HC fired and be able to play in NY for as long as he wanted and do whatever the f*ck he so chose?

    That's a battle you will lose every time. And rightfully so. ALL 52 other players want to do their best and give the HC 100%, so why shouldn't Sherry be held to the same standard?
    Rhodes wasn't cut he was traded.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-19-2013 at 02:17 PM.

  3. #163
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I would think the prospect of playing for them would be very exciting for him.
    On or off the field TE's would be something for him to cover..

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Rhodes wasn't cut he was traded.
    But Rex essentially FIRED him for being subversive. The Jets got a 4th and 7th for him. Which is essentially all he was worth given his recent play.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But Rex essentially FIRED him for being subversive. The Jets got a 4th and 7th for him. Which is essentially all he was worth given his recent play.
    We got a 7th for Lowery and got zip for Eric Smith. A 4th and a 7th isn't bad for a guy you publicly went on record as wanting to get rid of.

  6. #166
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But Rex essentially FIRED him for being subversive. The Jets got a 4th and 7th for him. Which is essentially all he was worth given his recent play.
    Exactly. If you are going to be a ghey professional football player then you better be a top unless your name happens to be Tom Brady

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    We got a 7th for Lowery and got zip for Eric Smith. A 4th and a 7th isn't bad for a guy you publicly went on record as wanting to get rid of.
    And? We gave a 4th for tebow and believe we also gave up our 6th and got tebow and 7th back.. This is after broncos were definitely trading him after landing manning..

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    shocking that no team has picked up Carrie for the 2013 season
    Honestly the Jets should. Kerry and Rex and Dennis need to bury the f*cking hatchet. Grow up already he's a good player and they are good coaches. Win football games and get paid that is it.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But Rex essentially FIRED him for being subversive. The Jets got a 4th and 7th for him. Which is essentially all he was worth given his recent play.
    huh? Zona had a great secondary last year and Rhodes was a major part of it. He shut down Gronk including the final drive when Brady was keying on him. The guy can flat out play if only he and Rex could both grow the f up and do a one year deal together.







    Rhodes + Cro + Milliner + our D-line = top 2 defense in NFL




    Offense can be hideous yet we still go 10-6.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    huh? Zona had a great secondary last year and Rhodes was a major part of it. He shut down Gronk including the final drive when Brady was keying on him. The guy can flat out play if only he and Rex could both grow the f up and do a one year deal together.







    Rhodes + Cro + Milliner + our D-line = top 2 defense in NFL




    Offense can be hideous yet we still go 10-6.
    Rhodes was traded in 2009 and you are talking about Arizona's defense 3 years after the fact. Please compare apples to apples.

    Sherry was gigantic pu$$y on this team and he DESERVED to be traded. He didn't give it full effort. If you allow that to fester on a team, you will create a cancerous team. It can only spread like a disease.

    And you of all people you are actually advocating that REX grow up? What are you on? Honestly, you are a much better poster than this. He's the f*cking HC for crying out loud. If you hire a HC, you'd better trust him to do what is best for the team. NOT what you think he should do for the team.

    The only person that was a problem in that situation was Sherry Rhodes and ONLY Sherry Rhodes. He had to be traded or else the entire team would have unraveled.

    Meanwhile, Rhodes does not even have a job. That's because no team wants to deal with a ME player. He'll probably get another contract from a team, but for short stints. He can't be trusted to march the party line and do what football players do.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    And? We gave a 4th for tebow and believe we also gave up our 6th and got tebow and 7th back.. This is after broncos were definitely trading him after landing manning..
    Tannenbaum and Rex put more value on Tebow than he did on Lowery and bid against themselves to get him. Maybe that's why he was canned? On the other hand the Jets did rent a couple of safeties last year who are no longer on the team. Maybe it's a position that Rex doesn't put a lot of stock in?
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-20-2013 at 08:50 AM.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Tannenbaum and Rex put more value on Tebow than he did on Lowery and bid against themselves to get him. Maybe that's why he was canned? On the other hand the Jets did rent a couple of safeties last year who are no longer on the team. Maybe it's a position that Rex doesn't put a lot of stock in?
    Rex was the 1 who pushed for laundry, he was a top safety last yr. It's MTs fault he only got him for 1 yr.. Only the bad players does he sign long term deals to. Sure MT thought if laundry stayed healthy he would want to stay in NY. But after cap mess MT left jets with laundry played to well to fit into cap.. I'm sure safety will be taken 3rd round at the latest next yr.. and/or Will have cap to sign 1 or 2.

  13. #173
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-and-hurt?lite

    maybe this is SDJetSetter? :-)

    looks like this guy was Gay the whole time.

    The president of Exodus, Alan Chambers, said late Wednesday on the ministry’s website that he had “conveniently omitted my ongoing same-sex attractions” but now accepts them “as parts of my life that will like always be there.”

  14. #174
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,687
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-and-hurt?lite

    maybe this is SDJetSetter? :-)

    looks like this guy was Gay the whole time.

    The president of Exodus, Alan Chambers, said late Wednesday on the ministry’s website that he had “conveniently omitted my ongoing same-sex attractions” but now accepts them “as parts of my life that will like always be there.”
    Well, at least thank you for getting my name right. No, thats not me, and no i havent come out of the closet yet, and no i dont regret any of my comments in this thread.

    Go Jets, Boo Gays!!

  15. #175
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    On or off the field TE's would be something for him to cover..
    Kerry Rhodes has just announced that he's not gay.


    But his boyfriend is.



  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Well, at least thank you for getting my name right. No, thats not me, and no i havent come out of the closet yet, and no i dont regret any of my comments in this thread.

    Go Jets, Boo Gays!!
    just had to check if it was you... these guys were based in CA as well i think.

    of course you don't regret what you said. that's how you feel and how you were brought up.

    but thankfully (in my opinion of course) views are changing on this so views like yours will be in the minority in the future.

  17. #177
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,687
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    just had to check if it was you... these guys were based in CA as well i think.

    of course you don't regret what you said. that's how you feel and how you were brought up.

    but thankfully (in my opinion of course) views are changing on this so views like yours will be in the minority in the future.
    Its quite a polarizing issue. Believe it or not, i do respect others beliefs, just disagree with them regarding homosexuality.

    This thread was much better anyways when posters were discussing whether or not Rhodes is a good Safety.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its quite a polarizing issue. Believe it or not, i do respect others beliefs, just disagree with them regarding homosexuality.

    This thread was much better anyways when posters were discussing whether or not Rhodes is a good Safety.
    How can you disagree with how someone was born......That's like me saying I disagree with down syndrome or something

    You just want the gheys to just sit there all their life attracted to other dudes and do nothing about it? Makes no sense.....

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    How can you disagree with how someone was born......That's like me saying I disagree with down syndrome or something

    You just want the gheys to just sit there all their life attracted to other dudes and do nothing about it? Makes no sense.....
    Now that you bring it up, What is up with those Downsies? I mean are just stupid and lazy or what, pick up a book you retards.

  20. #180
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,687
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    How can you disagree with how someone was born......That's like me saying I disagree with down syndrome or something

    You just want the gheys to just sit there all their life attracted to other dudes and do nothing about it? Makes no sense.....
    Im one of those Christina lulu's. Its in the Bible. We follow it.
    Also, I understand its not a choice. I find compassion for those who feel homosexual urges, but it ends there. I think its harmful to society as a whole, sets a precedent for other deviant behavior, and is really gross from a physical standpoint.

    I dont expect them to do nothing about it, but i also dont expect to have it forced down my throat to accept or be labeled a bigot.

    The line must be drawn somewhere, and i draw it with the homos.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us