Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 218

Thread: Kerry Rhodes........Uh, yeah!!

  1. #181
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    7,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Im one of those Christina lulu's. Its in the Bible. We follow it.
    Also, I understand its not a choice. I find compassion for those who feel homosexual urges, but it ends there. I think its harmful to society as a whole, sets a precedent for other deviant behavior, and is really gross from a physical standpoint.

    I dont expect them to do nothing about it, but i also dont expect to have it forced down my throat to accept or be labeled a bigot.

    The line must be drawn somewhere, and i draw it with the homos.
    You have a right to believe whatever you choose. Using the Bible to justify it is a dicey proposition. It requires a good amount of selective attention to ignore the other things the Bible promotes and condones as well as condemns.

    I'm not sure how homosexuality is in principle harmful to society either, particularly if you accept that it is biologically imposed. How does homosexuality lead to "other deviant behavior," and what would that behavior be? What is gross from a physical perspective varies very widely among heterosexuals as well as homosexuals. That's a human sexuality continuum that is not specific to either group.

    I agree with you that it shouldn't be "forced down your throat" (interesting metaphor). The other side of that coin is the tolerance for minorities to pursue their right to happiness with the same liberty as everyone else, as long as it does no harm (harm being defined as overt in a legal sense, not implied simply by having a particular identity).

  2. #182
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its quite a polarizing issue. Believe it or not, i do respect others beliefs, just disagree with them regarding homosexuality.

    This thread was much better anyways when posters were discussing whether or not Rhodes is a good Safety.
    It's becoming a less polarizing issue as the bigots start dying off.

    Look at the percentage of people by age that support gay marriage.

    Let alone the percentage of people who want all gays to be on their own island. That's got to be a small percentage of the population that are hard core bigots.

  3. #183
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Im one of those Christina lulu's. Its in the Bible. We follow it.
    Also, I understand its not a choice. I find compassion for those who feel homosexual urges, but it ends there. I think its harmful to society as a whole, sets a precedent for other deviant behavior, and is really gross from a physical standpoint.

    I dont expect them to do nothing about it, but i also dont expect to have it forced down my throat to accept or be labeled a bigot.

    The line must be drawn somewhere, and i draw it with the homos.
    Your the definition of a bigot.

    How is it forced down your throat?

  4. #184
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You have a right to believe whatever you choose. Using the Bible to justify it is a dicey proposition. It requires a good amount of selective attention to ignore the other things the Bible promotes and condones as well as condemns.

    I'm not sure how homosexuality is in principle harmful to society either, particularly if you accept that it is biologically imposed. How does homosexuality lead to "other deviant behavior," and what would that behavior be? What is gross from a physical perspective varies very widely among heterosexuals as well as homosexuals. That's a human sexuality continuum that is not specific to either group.

    I agree with you that it shouldn't be "forced down your throat" (interesting metaphor). The other side of that coin is the tolerance for minorities to pursue their right to happiness with the same liberty as everyone else, as long as it does no harm (harm being defined as overt in a legal sense, not implied simply by having a particular identity).
    Very good post. Informative, and enlightening.

    Again, this is a volatile subject. Personally, i believe its a slippery slope.

    What other kind of behavior may it lead to? Well, if society can an should accept 2 men using their urges to fornicate because it is their beliefs, and not their fault, they were born with it, then what is to stop the next guy from feeding off schoolchildren(which i have 3), simply for the fact he was born a pedophile and cant control it?

    Sound crazy? Well so did the idea of 2 people of the same sex flaunting it in every way imaginable in public 20 years ago.

    Lines: they need to be drawn.

    Again, this is just my opinion. Im not out there with special colored flags, and emblems to promote it, nor do i wish to see any of the opposite viewpoint pushed upon me or my children.

    Damnit, Go Jets!

  5. #185
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Your the definition of a bigot.

    How is it forced down your throat
    ?
    LOL, because if i dont choose to accept it, i am labeled a bigot.

    physically, 2 wieners, or 2 cho chas werent meant to interact in a sexual way. Its nature man, take it up with her if you question the mechanical aspect of it.

  6. #186
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Very good post. Informative, and enlightening.

    Again, this is a volatile subject. Personally, i believe its a slippery slope.

    What other kind of behavior may it lead to? Well, if society can an should accept 2 men using their urges to fornicate because it is their beliefs, and not their fault, they were born with it, then what is to stop the next guy from feeding off schoolchildren(which i have 3), simply for the fact he was born a pedophile and cant control it?

    Sound crazy? Well so did the idea of 2 people of the same sex flaunting it in every way imaginable in public 20 years ago.

    Lines: they need to be drawn.

    Again, this is just my opinion. Im not out there with special colored flags, and emblems to promote it, nor do i wish to see any of the opposite viewpoint pushed upon me or my children.

    Damnit, Go Jets!
    150 years ago slaves were allowed.

    50 years ago women weren't allowed to vote.

    50 years ago interracial marriage was frowned upon.

    You against these things also?.

  7. #187
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    150 years ago slaves were allowed.

    50 years ago women weren't allowed to vote.

    50 years ago interracial marriage was frowned upon.

    You against these things also?.
    No, and No.

    Look, its obvious we disagree here, and if my views offend you, i truly apologize. Above all, i want you to know im not a hateful person.

    I take responsibility for posting my viewpoint in a football forum where it is not appropriate. Something struck a nerve with this thread. 100% my bad for over reacting, and TMI.

    Hopefully you wont hold this against me when it comes to chopping up the upcoming season.

    Can we hug? Maybe it will move for me.

  8. #188
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    No, and No.

    Look, its obvious we disagree here, and if my views offend you, i truly apologize. Above all, i want you to know im not a hateful person.

    I take responsibility for posting my viewpoint in a football forum where it is not appropriate. Something struck a nerve with this thread. 100% my bad for over reacting, and TMI.

    Hopefully you wont hold this against me when it comes to chopping up the upcoming season.

    Can we hug? Maybe it will move for me.
    Fair enough. Thank you.

    It's clear you have strong views on the topic. I don't care as strongly I just took offense at some of the comments (e.g. Gay island).

    And I doubt it will move for you. My wife told me today I am starting to pack on the pounds.

  9. #189
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    What other kind of behavior may it lead to? Well, if society can an should accept 2 men using their urges to fornicate because it is their beliefs, and not their fault, they were born with it, then what is to stop the next guy from feeding off schoolchildren(which i have 3), simply for the fact he was born a pedophile and cant control it?
    Are you really comparing two consenting adults with the abuse of an adult to a child?

    I have urges to fornicate with women. I have no desire to fornicate with little girls. Why would a guy who likes guys be any different?

    A child can't consent to sex so it's abuse/rape/etc. It's pretty black and white.

  10. #190
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Im one of those Christina lulu's. Its in the Bible. We follow it.
    Also, I understand its not a choice. I find compassion for those who feel homosexual urges, but it ends there. I think its harmful to society as a whole, sets a precedent for other deviant behavior, and is really gross from a physical standpoint.

    I dont expect them to do nothing about it, but i also dont expect to have it forced down my throat to accept or be labeled a bigot.

    The line must be drawn somewhere, and i draw it with the homos.
    OK, so let me ask you this.....What would you prefer the gays to do all of their lives? Do you expect them to try to marry a woman that they are not attracted to whatsoever and live a lie their whole life which wouldn't be fair to either party? Or simply masturbate till they die with no companionship and no relationships ?

    It's really unfair to have that viewpoint and actually pretty selfish......I guess thank the lord you weren't born gay

    I do agree with you about having it forced down our throats but blame people like yourself for that.....Honestly, if people didn't have bigoted views on homosexuality, it would be a non-issue and no one would really talk about it.....That's the irony of the whole thing
    Last edited by King Koopa; 06-21-2013 at 02:18 AM.

  11. #191
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    150 years ago slaves were allowed.

    50 years ago women weren't allowed to vote.

    50 years ago interracial marriage was frowned upon.

    You against these things also?.
    Well, there was something to it.

  12. #192
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I do agree with you about having it forced down our throats but blame people like yourself for that.....Honestly, if people didn't have bigoted views on homosexuality, it would be a non-issue and no one would really talk about it.....That's the irony of the whole thing
    Isn't the whole point of gay rights is you don't have to pretend it was forced down your throat?

  13. #193
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    OK, so let me ask you this.....What would you prefer the gays to do all of their lives? Do you expect them to try to marry a woman that they are not attracted to whatsoever and live a lie their whole life which wouldn't be fair to either party? Or simply masturbate till they die with no companionship and no relationships ?

    It's really unfair to have that viewpoint and actually pretty selfish......I guess thank the lord you weren't born gay

    I do agree with you about having it forced down our throats but blame people like yourself for that.....Honestly, if people didn't have bigoted views on homosexuality, it would be a non-issue and no one would really talk about it.....That's the irony of the whole thing
    I honestly hope they can lead productive, law abiding lives with their chosen partner. I just dont wish to see it in public acts of affection, rainbow flags, pro gay bumper stickers, etc. The same way i dont wish to see Hetero flags, symbols and bumper stickers. Its none of my business. Id like it to remain a private issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Are you really comparing two consenting adults with the abuse of an adult to a child?

    I have urges to fornicate with women. I have no desire to fornicate with little girls. Why would a guy who likes guys be any different?

    A child can't consent to sex so it's abuse/rape/etc. It's pretty black and white.
    Its an acceptance issue. Years ago, homosexuality was frowned on, and i feel bad for those who were killed, assaulted, bullied over it, but as time passes, it has grown to be accepted more mainstream, and today, its a very polarizing issue, and i keep hearing "they were born that way, how can they help whom they are attracted to"

    Im worried as a father of 3 what else may come to be accepted due to the fact an individual can not control it. Sexual urges with animals....children...family members... It doesnt seem to far fetched to imagine things like that being mainstreamed in the upcoming years. Hopefully im mistaken and merely phobic.

    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Fair enough. Thank you.

    It's clear you have strong views on the topic. I don't care as strongly I just took offense at some of the comments (e.g. Gay island).

    And I doubt it will move for you. My wife told me today I am starting to pack on the pounds.
    That was stupid. To be completely honest, i was firing up a game of Adventure Island on my Nintendo Entertainment System, and far off base connection processed in my brain.

    Ps, dont worry about the few pounds. My wife has them too, and ive grown to adore the softness you can offer.

    Back to the football! Apologies for those whom ive offended. Lesson learned.

  14. #194
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Isn't the whole point of gay rights is you don't have to pretend it was forced down your throat?
    It's the parades like in the pic that doesn't do the gay rights any favors..


  15. #195
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Im one of those Christina lulu's. Its in the Bible. We follow it.
    Also, I understand its not a choice. I find compassion for those who feel homosexual urges, but it ends there. I think its harmful to society as a whole, sets a precedent for other deviant behavior, and is really gross from a physical standpoint.

    I dont expect them to do nothing about it, but i also dont expect to have it forced down my throat to accept or be labeled a bigot.

    The line must be drawn somewhere, and i draw it with the homos.
    Really I don't think so. "It's in the bible" is the flimsiest of arguments to support hate. Don't selectively choose the scripture you want to follow if you claim to follow it completely which is nonsensical.

    Do you adhere to the other proscriptions in Leviticus:

    Do you think children should be put to death for speaking against their parents as the bible says in 20:9?

    Do you think adulterers should be put to death as it says in 20:10

    What about this winner? 19:19 It is a sin to make clothes of multiple materials?

    If you want to hate homosexual people (most of whom are honest, warm caring people just like the majority of straight people) I guess that is your right, but don't try to use the bible to justify it, because that is just nonsense.

    Unfortunately, it is this bias I think that is hurting Rhodes.

  16. #196
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It's the parades like in the pic that doesn't do the gay rights any favors..

    Who doesn't love a parade?

  17. #197
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Who doesn't love a parade?
    Is that you in the gold leaf??

  18. #198
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Is that you in the gold leaf??
    I haven't been to a good Toga party since the early 70's.

  19. #199
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I honestly hope they can lead productive, law abiding lives with their chosen partner. I just dont wish to see it in public acts of affection, rainbow flags, pro gay bumper stickers, etc. The same way i dont wish to see Hetero flags, symbols and bumper stickers. Its none of my business. Id like it to remain a private issue.



    Its an acceptance issue. Years ago, homosexuality was frowned on, and i feel bad for those who were killed, assaulted, bullied over it, but as time passes, it has grown to be accepted more mainstream, and today, its a very polarizing issue, and i keep hearing "they were born that way, how can they help whom they are attracted to"

    Im worried as a father of 3 what else may come to be accepted due to the fact an individual can not control it. Sexual urges with animals....children...family members... It doesnt seem to far fetched to imagine things like that being mainstreamed in the upcoming years. Hopefully im mistaken and merely phobic.



    That was stupid. To be completely honest, i was firing up a game of Adventure Island on my Nintendo Entertainment System, and far off base connection processed in my brain.
    All I can tell you is that I don't think the most liberal person in the world would accept pedophilia as an acceptable practice and you would see a real rallying cry against it.

    In terms of gay people, I work with them. I have friends that are gay. I would trust them with my children any day.

    I also have a nephew that 99% of his family believes he's going to come out at some point (even his father, my brother) who has made us all suspect he might be since he was a toddler. If he isn't, he's got everyone fooled. I can tell you that if he does come out, he was born that way. That much I know if I didn't before I saw it first hand. He's a great kid and no one in the family will say an unkind word if he does come out but it's his journey.

    I'm also a father of 3 children that are clearly into the opposite sex. I think you might be overly concerned. I respect your religious beliefs and understand your rejection on those grounds but there are some things you are concerned about that anyone in their right mind would find unacceptable. Don't underestimate the public's ability to make those distinctions. No one would ever accept pedophilia. Decriminalization of adultery didn't lead to legalization of rape and it even sounds silly to think it would. I am comfortable saying the same about this.

  20. #200
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    All I can tell you is that I don't think the most liberal person in the world would accept pedophilia as an acceptable practice and you would see a real rallying cry against it.

    In terms of gay people, I work with them. I have friends that are gay. I would trust them with my children any day.

    I also have a nephew that 99% of his family believes he's going to come out at some point (even his father, my brother) who has made us all suspect he might be since he was a toddler. If he isn't, he's got everyone fooled. I can tell you that if he does come out, he was born that way. That much I know if I didn't before I saw it first hand. He's a great kid and no one in the family will say an unkind word if he does come out but it's his journey.

    I'm also a father of 3 children that are clearly into the opposite sex. I think you might be overly concerned. I respect your religious beliefs and understand your rejection on those grounds but there are some things you are concerned about that anyone in their right mind would find unacceptable. Don't underestimate the public's ability to make those distinctions. No one would ever accept pedophilia. Decriminalization of adultery didn't lead to legalization of rape and it even sounds silly to think it would. I am comfortable saying the same about this.
    I would also hope so, but i fear there are groups out there already fighting for the cause. Please dont make me google it, its hard for me to bare. Really though, they are out there.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...ve_Association

    As for your nephew, im sure you will love him just the same. Believe it or not, I really would think I would love my nephew just the same also were he homosexual. Im confident in saying that. I dont hate homosexuals.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us