Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giant Nose Hair

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    What I had was called a laminectomy; They basically identified the part of the herniated disc that was impacting the sciatic nerve and, through a small incision, go in and remove it.

Keep in mind I was in pretty good shape already and attacked the physical therapy like a demon possessed. I was back doing full duty poleez work within 6-7 months.

Conditioning and weight are big considerations in recovery.

In fairness to Bonhomme, not everyone has the same prognosis, I just dont want to see him avoid surgery out of (totally understandable) anxiety.

Its been 25 years for me and I can count on two fingers how many times I have even had a back spasm since then, and I'm pretty active (gym 5 days a week, skiing all winter etc )

If anyone wants to hear about my hip replacement and how I was skiing black diamonds 7 months later (and falling once or twice, no problemo's) let me know.

I'm not the most durable guy, but some fantastic Doctors and technology have kept me ticking.

I'm blessed and never gave up.

-
    You got a fake freakin hip, too?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what I had. In my 20's too.

Cant imagine what my life would have been like had I kept putting off the surgery (which is alot less intrusive now). My back went from being a dark cloud in a young life to a non issue..til this very day.

Just keep in mind the longer the sciatic nerve is impacted by the disc nucleus, the more likely it is there will be permanent damage.

I know I know

I'm going to try the Rack for a few weeks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Bro in law going through this. They are giving him a series of 3 shots to see if that helps and then 6 weeks of total rest. Type A workout warrior so this is driving him insane.
    I had the 3 shots last summer. The first one did nothing; the second brought very little relief. The third helped a TON. Pain went from about a 9.5 down to a 3. They can never tell how long the effects will last, but I'm going on 10 months with no major flair-ups.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I had the 3 shots last summer. The first one did nothing; the second brought very little relief. The third helped a TON. Pain went from about a 9.5 down to a 3. They can never tell how long the effects will last, but I'm going on 10 months with no major flair-ups.
    You are young; You want to go through life worrying about flair ups and getting laid (yes that matters) or do you want to put it behind you once and for all?

You are in good shape to begin with, just dont rule it out.

(and yes I know how annoying and repetitive I am being)

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    BOOOO-urns!
    A quote from the Golden Age of The Simpsons cannot go unnoticed. Nicely done.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You are young; You want to go through life worrying about flair ups and getting laid (yes that matters) or do you want to put it behind you once and for all?

You are in good shape to begin with, just dont rule it out.

(and yes I know how annoying and repetitive I am being)

-
    I appreciate it. Your advice is sound. I just want to make sure I exercise every option before surgery. I've never even had stitches before.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never even had stitches before.
    wlf...where the hell did you grow up? Nerfvana?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Whats the longest nose hair ypu ever grew?. Ive been growing *some amazing ones lately. *Really long and spikey too. Like stalagtites. I bet I could stab somebody with one of these. *If I was younger Id be embarrassed probably but Im married so I dont give a ****.
    LOL... I am young so i still do give a sh t

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of pain do you have on a daily basis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brother in law is going through this...please keep us posted.
    WTF?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate it. Your advice is sound. I just want to make sure I exercise every option before surgery. I've never even had stitches before.
    I had a laminectomy also. Had never even had a broken bone so I was phobic about surgery, tried rest, PT, acupuncture, for 6ish months before I had the surgery.

Plastic Hip is right, the surgery is a permanent solution. I even (like a dope) played tackle football a few times after the surgery.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of pain do you have on a daily basis?
    My hip and leg aches after sitting down at my desk or in the car for too long. I commute an hour so by the time I get home I'm pretty sore. If I'm up and moving around I don't have any pain.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Whats the longest nose hair ypu ever grew?. Ive been growing *some amazing ones lately. *Really long and spikey too. Like stalagtites. I bet I could stab somebody with one of these. *If I was younger Id be embarrassed probably but Im married so I dont give a ****.
    True story a buddy had scary long nose hair but no one wanted to say anything. Another buddy shows up drunk goes holy **** dude you need to cut your nose hair. To which he responds what the **** do you care about the hair in my nose which other buddy said I could give a **** about hair in your nose but you got to cut all that nose hair sticking out of your nose.

He cut it next day