Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giant Nose Hair

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I told you what to do about that back, skippy.

Hit me up again if you need encouragement.

You a distributor for them dildong scooters? man, it is cliquish in here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Just a stab, but you are lacking in the female companionship department these days.
    I meet lots of nice girls at the club. Just substitute "club" with "subway" and meet with "oogle."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I told you what to do about that back, skippy.

Hit me up again if you need encouragement.

I started going to a chiropractor. Last night they put me on a "decompression table", which is essentially The Rack from medieval times, updated in a neutral beige. That was interesting.

Tonight is acupuncture - which I'm sure also derives from a 13th century torture method.

I'm going to give this 4 weeks tops to see if there's any improvement.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    I could do without the gay guy and his boogers. I like the part where the marginally hot hair lady says "do you want me to just yank it?"

That part was gold.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I started going to a chiropractor. Last night they put me on a "decompression table", which is essentially The Rack from medieval times, updated in a neutral beige. That was interesting.

Tonight is acupuncture - which I'm sure also derives from a 13th century torture method.

You know what would make your back feel better?

Leasing a BMW.

Or getting that stick out of your ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    You know what would make your back feel better?

Leasing a BMW.

Or getting that stick out of your ass.

The seats are FAR superior to the buggy he's riding around in now like a peasant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Whats the longest nose hair ypu ever grew?. Ive been growing *some amazing ones lately. *Really long and spikey too. Like stalagtites. I bet I could stab somebody with one of these. *If I was younger Id be embarrassed probably but Im married so I dont give a ****.

Pics or gtfo....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly that 'spinal decompression therapy' is actually supposed to work...supposedly.

I researched it, but it wasnt covered by insurance, and this place needed me to show up every day (non-conducive to my work schedule) for like 6 weeks straight. Oh, and it cost several thousand dollars. GFY

Also, you know what will go good with that bad back and your cane_shaking?

A Buick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Supposedly that 'spinal decompression therapy' is actually supposed to work...supposedly.

I researched it, but it wasnt covered by insurance, and this place needed me to show up every day (non-conducive to my work schedule) for like 6 weeks straight. Oh, and it cost several thousand dollars. GFY

Also, you know what will go good with that bad back and your cane_shaking?

A Buick.
    Yeah apparently it is a serious time commitment. They want me to do it 3 times a week for 7 weeks. They take insurance though. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah apparently it is a serious time commitment. They want me to do it 3 times a week for 7 weeks. They take insurance though. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing it.
    Do you have a bulging or herniated disk? I had a bad lower back from 20 to 31, finally the jelly came out of the donut and I had surgery. Still sore at times but night and day difference. Sweet pain killers also!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Do you have a bulging or herniated disk? I had a bad lower back from 20 to 31, finally the jelly came out of the donut and I had surgery. Still sore at times but night and day difference. Sweet pain killers also!
    Yeah it's herniated. L5-S1. Trying to delay the surgery as much as possible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brother in law is going through this...please keep us posted.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what I had. In my 20's too.

Cant imagine what my life would have been like had I kept putting off the surgery (which is alot less intrusive now). My back went from being a dark cloud in a young life to a non issue..til this very day.

Just keep in mind the longer the sciatic nerve is impacted by the disc nucleus, the more likely it is there will be permanent damage.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what I had. In my 20's too.

Cant imagine what my life would have been like had I kept putting off the surgery (which is alot less intrusive now). My back went from being a dark cloud in a young life to a non issue..til this very day.

Just keep in mind the longer the sciatic nerve is impacted by the disc nucleus, the more likely it is there will be permanent damage.

What exactly does the surgery involve?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    What exactly does the surgery involve?
    What I had was called a laminectomy; They basically identified the part of the herniated disc that was impacting the sciatic nerve and, through a small incision, go in and remove it.

Keep in mind I was in pretty good shape already and attacked the physical therapy like a demon possessed. I was back doing full duty poleez work within 6-7 months.

Conditioning and weight are big considerations in recovery.

In fairness to Bonhomme, not everyone has the same prognosis, I just dont want to see him avoid surgery out of (totally understandable) anxiety.

Its been 25 years for me and I can count on two fingers how many times I have even had a back spasm since then, and I'm pretty active (gym 5 days a week, skiing all winter etc )

If anyone wants to hear about my hip replacement and how I was skiing black diamonds 7 months later (and falling once or twice, no problemo's) let me know.

I'm not the most durable guy, but some fantastic Doctors and technology have kept me ticking.

I'm blessed and never gave up.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 06-18-2013 at 09:16 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I had was called a laminectomy; They basically identified the part of the herniated disc that was impacting the sciatic nerve and, through a small incision, go in and remove it.

Keep in mind I was in pretty good shape already and attacked the physical therapy like a demon possessed. I was back doing full duty poleez work within 6-7 months.

Conditioning and weight are big considerations in recovery.

In fairness to Bonhomme, not everyone has the same prognosis, I just dont want to see him avoid surgery out of (totally understandable) anxiety.

Its been 25 years for me and I can count on one two fingers how many times I have even had a back spasm since then, and I'm pretty active (gym 5 days a week, skiing all winter etc )

If anyone wants to hear about my hip replacement and how I was skiing black diamonds 7 months later (and falling once or twice, no problemo's) let me know.

I'm not the most durable guy, but some fantastic Doctors and technology have kept me ticking.

I'm blessed and never gave up.

-
    Bro in law going through this. They are giving him a series of 3 shots to see if that helps and then 6 weeks of total rest. Type A workout warrior so this is driving him insane.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Bro in law going through this. They are giving him a series of 3 shots to see if that helps and then 6 weeks of total rest. Type A workout warrior so this is driving him insane.
    6 week of total rest...sounds like hell to me. I cant imagine. The thing about herniated discs...is they dont heal with rest, therapy etc.

Rest might give temporary relief of the inflammation and associated pain, but it does nothing for the underlying problem.

For an active guy with a long life ahead of him, he might want a more aggressive solution. At the very least have him seek second opinions before he sits around atrophying the rest of his body for six weeks...for possibly...nothing.

ANd compounding the the original problem.

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it me or does every time there's a decent discussion about body hair going it gets hijacked by the back-surgery guys? WFT? I should just start talking about the blood blisters on my scrotum.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Is it me or does every time there's a decent discussion about body hair going it gets hijacked by the back-surgery guys? WFT? I should just start talking about the blood blisters on my scrotum.
    I suggest a tasty chowd forum, where nose hair discussions undoubtedly would hit 10 pages pronto...and where, you know, you really should be posting daily instead of on a Jet forum, which, is odd.

Just sayin.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    6 week of total rest...sounds like hell to me. I cant imagine. The thing about herniated discs...is they dont heal with rest, therapy etc.

Rest might give temporary relief of the inflammation and associated pain, but it does nothing for the underlying problem.

For an active guy with a long life ahead of him, he might want a more aggressive solution. At the very least have him seek second opinions before he sits around atrophying the rest of his body for six weeks...for possibly...nothing.

ANd compounding the the original problem.

-
    yeah this is gonna shock you, but my Type A, work out warrior bro in law tends not to listen to my health advice.