Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't sound to good for santonio Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Are you this stupid. Santonio Holmes revealed he had the worse degree of linsfranc sprain. True or false. Again your making a big deal out of wrong word but there are alot of players careers than were finished with lesser degree of this injury. True or false. The more levels (worse kind) your talking about the more they have to do radically to correct the foot. (much greater chance the fooit not going to be stable and your going to have tropuble making cuts.

So again live in your fantasy world that santonio Holmes will be just fine and Jets will get their number 1 type wr money they are paying him. I will wait till after the season for his numbers. That is all the proof I will need and will you be a man and admit the errors of your ways. Don't worry at some point i will be bringing this thread back. ( hope you can take it and can respond)
    You just cant let it go can you.

Now you bring up his contract as if they gave that to him after he got hurt.

Never once did I mention that they will get #1 WR money for him so take that out of your argument. Go back and look for a quote from me on that one when you are "bringing this thread back".

I simply stated that ridiculous exaggerations you make along with a made up level of injury simply to help yourself feel better that you root for an organization that is actually about 20 times worse then the jets - nice job with your PR guy btw.

The truth is, there is a portion of the medical community who believes that having surgery is actually BETTER for recovery:

It is thought that Lisfranc injuries without fracture are likely to have worse outcomes, with the possibility of later midfoot collapse or metatarsalgia (inflammation of the region)... A reason to be more encouraged by the long-term prospects faced by the player who is out for the season after surgery (like Holmes) than one who escapes the scalpel.

Anyway, since you said there are A LOT of players whose careers were ended, why dont you simply list them for us.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    You just cant let it go can you.

Now you bring up his contract as if they gave that to him after he got hurt.

Never once did I mention that they will get #1 WR money for him so take that out of your argument. Go back and look for a quote from me on that one when you are "bringing this thread back".

I simply stated that ridiculous exaggerations you make along with a made up level of injury simply to help yourself feel better that you root for an organization that is actually about 20 times worse then the jets - nice job with your PR guy btw.

The truth is, there is a portion of the medical community who believes that having surgery is actually BETTER for recovery:

It is thought that Lisfranc injuries without fracture are likely to have worse outcomes, with the possibility of later midfoot collapse or metatarsalgia (inflammation of the region)... A reason to be more encouraged by the long-term prospects faced by the player who is out for the season after surgery (like Holmes) than one who escapes the scalpel.

Anyway, since you said there are A LOT of players whose careers were ended, why dont you simply list them for us.
    Here is exercpt from the article.
    Neither Santonio Holmes nor New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan is confident in the wide receiver's availability for training camp, much less the season opener. Now we have a better idea why that's the case.

Holmes revealed that his Lisfranc fracture was diagnosed as a Grade 4 injury, which is the most serious variety. He had a joint separation and a muscle tear in the middle of his foot, according to ESPNNewYork.com. A plate was removed in a March follow-up surgery, but two screws will remain in his foot permanently.

What ever level he had( all we know it was the worse) Tell me Genius what player has come back from that level that required surgery. D mcFadden you like to use as your example never had surgery and he had level one. ( will you admit that you mis spoke there) . So I could jump down your throat for that mistake but it still doesn't change the point.

Like I said no lisfranc injury is every the same( your crying because i told you from outset you were wrong trying to compare it to Mcfaddens. Now this article that santonio Holmes admitted was the worse supports that position. You can't let it go because you were wrong and santonio Holmes career is probably over with. Not my problem your having a hard time dealing with reality.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-19-2013 at 09:56 PM.

First off S Holmes numbers before the injury has been going down every year, He probably will have sanchez still throwing him the ball in 2013. Now if he ever gets on the field again due to this injury, he going to have a comeback year. What numbers are you expecting Santonio Holmes to put up in 2013. You play fantasy football the guy to get is Jeremy Kerley who else do they have to get the football to.
    Hill / Thru the roof Potential
    Winslow / #1 TE
    Cumberland / Don't Sleep!
    Holmes / #1 FlightBoy = recognize!!!
    Kerley / U Know!
    Goodson / Powell - Pic ur poison
    McKnight / 3rd down RB = Explosive
    Obomanu / 4th WR with experience

[B]Jets have these WR's in camp too with a few others I cant remember

Thomas Mayo
    Titus Ryan
    Ryan SPADOLA
    Marcus Davis
    Zack Rogers
    Videl Hazelton
    Jo Collins

You are that stupid. Here is exercpt from the article.
    Neither Santonio Holmes nor New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan is confident in the wide receiver's availability for training camp, much less the season opener. Now we have a better idea why that's the case.

Holmes revealed that his Lisfranc fracture was diagnosed as a Grade 4 injury, which is the most serious variety. He had a joint separation and a muscle tear in the middle of his foot, according to ESPNNewYork.com. A plate was removed in a March follow-up surgery, but two screws will remain in his foot permanently.

What ever level he had( all we know it was the worse) Tell me Genius what player has come back from that level that required surgery. D mcFadden you like to use as your example never had surgery and he had level one. ( will you admit that you mis spoke there) . So I could jump down your throat for that mistake but it still doesn't change the point.

Like I said no lisfranc injury is every the same( your crying because i told you from outset you were wrong. Now this article that santonio Holmes admitted was the worse supports that position. You can't let it go because you were wrong and santonio Holmes career is probably over with. Not my problem your having a hard time dealing with reality.
    You relish in the fact that something else is wrong with the Jets.

And the highlighted is a personal attack. I have never seen you write anything of substance. Just attacks on how Oakland has so much potential, and how just another thing wrong with the Jets. Please, just please try and talk about football, and stop trying to point out everything wrong with the Jets. We see it every day. No one cares.

Again let see who got owned when we look back at santonio Holmes numbers in 2013. again time is on my side and his numbers will make my point. When I post the numbers you will say shut Up .( cause the truth hurts and your not good dealing in reality).
    Nobody has been more wrong about all of the crap one posts in the history of internet message boards more than you have.

Numbers, stats, every Raider has elite level skills, Raiders can't lose, they will be one of the best teams in the league, every player runs a 4.3, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!! Only to have his ass handed to him every year since you started posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You relish in the fact that something else is wrong with the Jets.

And the highlighted is a personal attack. I have never seen you write anything of substance. Just attacks on how Oakland has so much potential, and how just another thing wrong with the Jets. Please, just please try and talk about football, and stop trying to point out everything wrong with the Jets. We see it every day. No one cares.
    Again all I did was post this Jet article as it shed light on Santonio Holmes injury and his recover time. Made no comment one way or the other till I was attack.
    I'm sorry someone takes first shot (personal atack), I'm not backing down. He erroneously was using Darren Mcfadden injury (non surgery and severity) in comparison to Santonio Holmes ( surgery and severity) when neither are remotely close. IF he can't understand the difference there and he going to jump down my throat what the article stated was wrong. Who cares a level one sprain fracture could be career ending. Now you go up a couple levels that involved radically surgery , you think your chances are worse or the same . He just Butt hurt because first he didn't know how santonio holmes was doing and he expected him back for the season. This article says different.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-19-2013 at 10:17 PM.

All League
    I can only hope JK continues to improve next season. I think hes going to be the best of a very thin group. I still wish they would've made a move for V. Leach- would be an instant upgrade for the ground game going into a year where you know we won't have success passing the ball (with or without Holmes).

Hence why we stacked up at the WR position this off season. We have what 15 guys at WR right now. We do not need a jag like Lloyd or Edwards on this team. Dont get why some people think we need to bring yet anther WR in. Hill and Kerley are good WRs and can do it till Holmes is back healthy. Holmes took the salary cut because he new he was going to miss camp. He wanted a job and the JETS wouldnt have saved jack cutting him. It was actually a stand up move IMO. Hill is being groomed as the #1. I am not ready to call him and bust and he isnt going to not be one on the bench. Kerley will be a good #2. Kerley looked much better then Lloyd last year and didnt have friggen Brady throwing him the ball. He averaged 14.8 YPC with a QB that NEVER throws the ball more then 10 yards down field. Gates showed flashes last year too. In a Weg O Gates could actually be used as a real weapon and I think he could be our ST guy as well.

I really think you give this group even a good NFL QB and they will shock a lot of you. White, Obomanu, Rodgers, Ryan, Davis, Stroud, Spadola, Hazelton, Mayo, Collins. If we can't find a #4 and 5 guy out of that group to hold the fort down our scouts should all be fired IMO. There seriously shouldnt be a need to hire anyone else. There are always guys like Gibson and Bess that put up 600-800 yard seasons in a pinch. Why sign a guy where that is the best you can expect? I'd rather the unknown.

Again all I did was post this Jet article as it shed light on Santonio Holmes injury and his recover time. Made no comment one way or the other till I was attack.
    I'm sorry someone takes first shot (personal atack), I'm not backing down. He erroneously was using Darren Mcfadden injury (non surgery and severity) in comparison to Santonio Holmes ( surgery and severity) when neither are remotely close. IF he can't understand the difference there and he going to jump down my throat what the article stated was wrong. Who cares a level one sprain fracture could be career ending. Now you go up a couple levels that involved radically surgery , you think your chances are worse or the same . He just Butt hurt because first he didn't know how santonio holmes was doing and he expected him back for the season. This article says different.
    You never back down. It's why no one takes you seriously.

Start a thread about something positive. Try it once. Maybe we should start threads about how awful the Raiders have been, and are going to be. Every day. Just trying to point out the facts. That's okay, right?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You never back down. It's why no one takes you seriously.

Start a thread about something positive. Try it once. Maybe we should start threads about how awful the Raiders have been, and are going to be. Every day. Just trying to point out the facts. That's okay, right?
    A lot of Jet fans in threads were wondering how Santonio holmes rehab was going from that lisfranc surgery. I saw an article and posted it.

Was it positive . NO updating how injuries are progressing never is and again no fan takes joy in another team injuries. * because injuries could happen to any team and they suck) Still people need to hear the truth . This is Jet news and sooner or later fans are going to have to deal with . Who cares who posted the article . That ridiculous that I should only post positive good feel stories about the Jets and ignore actual news.(facts) Now if I was Posting non Jets news i could see your point.

Again Jet fans need to know why Jet management isn't covering all there bases and bringing in a proven veteran Wr at this point. Are they setting up M sanchez for failure as they want no chance he back in 2014. These are legitimate questions and worth discussing on a Jet message board IMO. IF you don't want to talk about than just ignore the thread. That is your right.

JMO I wouldn't have a problem if you posted raider stuff but I don't think a lot of Jet fan who comes here to talk Jet football would. Here is my point as long as I'm discussing the Jets , I don't have to share your viewpoints as I'm entitle to have a different opinion. You might not agree with me but it's honestly how I feel .
    For example I think Jets will improve against the run this year but will struggle all year against the pass. ( will be proven one way or the other) I think Jet fans are overrating their defense big time.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-20-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think.after last year when the Jet FO took your advice and signed that blazingly explosive Chaz Schillins you'd been boosting as a future all pro every season....like every scrub on your Raiders---they decided to no longer take your always brilliant advice on player personnel issues.

I think we should all just sit back and watch Holmes come back and, once again, prove you to be a horse's behind on this topic like every other one you join

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I think.after last year when the Jet FO took your advice and signed that blazingly explosive Chaz Schillins you'd been boosting as a future all pro every season....like every scrub on your Raiders---they decided to no longer take your always brilliant advice on player personnel issues.

I think we should all just sit back and watch Holmes come back and, once again, prove you to be a horse's behind on this topic like every other one you join
    See larry fitzgerald. As good as a Wr he is, even he can't over come poor qb play. mark Sanchez is right up there with the worse qb in the league and you could be talking about larry Fitzgerald (instead of Chaz) and it is what it is. Your blaming the wrong player.

It isn't about Santonio Holmes coming back. He might be able to run in a straight line but how effective will he be trying to make sharp cuts. ( how effective will he be a s a wr that's what matters)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-20-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In the wise words of the great fijijet

SHUT UP!!

FOR CHRISSAKE, STFU

Banned
    See larry fitzgerald. As good as a Wr he is, even he can't over come poor qb play. mark Sanchez is right up there with the worse qb in the league and you could be talking about larry Fitzgerald (instead of Chaz) and it is what it is. Your blaming the wrong player.

It isn't about Santonio Holmes coming back. He might be able to run in a straight line but how effective will he be trying to make sharp cuts. ( how effective will he be a s a wr that's what matters)
    I'm more curious about Aaron Hernandez's ability to make sharp cuts.

Are you this stupid.
    Pot meet kettle.

Do you ever get tired of hearing the sound of your own voice?

I'm still waiting for your list of players whose career was ended by this injury

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is the problem when you're a clueless fan who looks at stats.

I don't need number to tell me that Larry Fitz is awesome. I can see him run, catch whatever passes are thrown his way. I don't need numbers or a ball thrown on the money to recognize the guys talents. So if he had a lousy QB throwing to him he would still be LF to the guys who actually watch the game.

For all this idiocy over Shilens and the Sanchez effect on his play, he had his best season in the NFL with Sanchez as his QB. Slightly better than the year before in Oak with the GREAT Carson Palmer throwing the ball to him. With the other explosive WRs flanking him and of course with a much better group of backs lead by their future HOF, D McFadded.

You need to think before hitting submit to the cliche riddled post

Jets Insider VIP

Whatever intelligent post you were trying to make was lost on your random capitalization, bad punctuation, and poor grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I'm still waiting for your list of players whose career was ended by this injury
    You can do your own research. It's not that hard to do and you might actually learn something in the process. I'm still waiting for you to tell me when Santonio Holmes will be back playing. How his injury was similar to darren Mcaffden who didn't need surgery and was a way lesser degree. Okay you know what your talking about- NOT.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-20-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    This is the problem when you're a clueless fan who looks at stats.

I don't need number to tell me that Larry Fitz is awesome. I can see him run, catch whatever passes are thrown his way. I don't need numbers or a ball thrown on the money to recognize the guys talents. So if he had a lousy QB throwing to him he would still be LF to the guys who actually watch the game.

For all this idiocy over Shilens and the Sanchez effect on his play, he had his best season in the NFL with Sanchez as his QB. Slightly better than the year before in Oak with the GREAT Carson Palmer throwing the ball to him. With the other explosive WRs flanking him and of course with a much better group of backs lead by their future HOF, D McFadded.

You need to think before hitting submit to the cliche riddled post
    Hey Jet Nut have you ever heard of a thing call a depth chart . He was pretty far down Raiders depth chart and exactly who did the Jets have at receiver last year. I can't believe you don't think beforew you hit submit. If you do than I feel even more sorry for you.