Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't sound to good for santonio Holmes

Jets Insider VIP
    the Raider chart is called a depth chart because there isn't a lower one in the rest of the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the Raider chart is called a depth chart because there isn't a lower one in the rest of the NFL
    Yea the Jets offense hasn't been near the bottom of the league because they were good. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyuKyjHWvc

Last year only six team threw the ball less than the Jets marty Mornhinweg likes to throw the football. Just imagine how much more material I should have this year.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-20-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    congratulations to the Raiders on making the playoffs once in the twenty first century

probably the worst mess in the NFL with all those explosivist hall of famers with only initials as first name... and T Pryor and M Flynn are even a WORSE QB rotation than what the Jets would be if M Sanchez repeats his last two seasons

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Again all I did was post this Jet article as it shed light on Santonio Holmes injury and his recover time. Made no comment one way or the other till I was attack.
    I'm sorry someone takes first shot (personal atack), I'm not backing down. He erroneously was using Darren Mcfadden injury (non surgery and severity) in comparison to Santonio Holmes ( surgery and severity) when neither are remotely close. IF he can't understand the difference there and he going to jump down my throat what the article stated was wrong. Who cares a level one sprain fracture could be career ending. Now you go up a couple levels that involved radically surgery , you think your chances are worse or the same . He just Butt hurt because first he didn't know how santonio holmes was doing and he expected him back for the season. This article says different.

Newsflash: We don't care about the Raiders

None of us. Notta one.

How the hell this hasn't sunken into that goofy little head of yours after all these years...defies comprehension.

So please, f*ck off with the silly "this is the Silver and Blacks year! Woooh!" crap that you always seem to spout off about every offseason until you inevitably disappear in October when the Raiders are once again in the thick of the #1 pick sweepstakes.

I don't know how the Jets are going to fare this season.

But odds are, it'll be better than the year that awaits the "Black Hole".

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Newsflash: We don't care about the Raiders

None of us. Notta one.

How the hell this hasn't sunken into that goofy little head of yours after all these years...defies comprehension.

So please, f*ck off with the silly "this is the Silver and Blacks year! Woooh!" crap that you always seem to spout off about every offseason until you inevitably disappear in October when the Raiders are once again in the thick of the #1 pick sweepstakes.

I don't know how the Jets are going to fare this season.

But odds are, it'll be better than the year that awaits the "Black Hole".
    I know you don't care about the raiders. I'm staying on topic. Your fellow Jet fans can't stay on topic. Go through the thread who derailed the conversation. It wasn't me that even mention the raiders first. The Jets have as good a chance as anyone to have the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft. They will be that bad . AT least you should have something to look forward in May 2014.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-20-2013 at 04:42 PM.

I know you don't care about the raiders. I'm staying on topic. Your fellow Jet fans can't stay on topic. Go through the thread who derailed the conversation. It wasn't me that even mention the raiders first. The Jets have as good a chance as anyone to have the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft. They will be that bad . AT least you should have something to look forward in May 2014.
    Your past history and presence alone derails threads....Always on the pessimistic side when it comes to the Jets, it's only natural other Jets fan talk sh1t about your garbage team in return, and wallah...thread derailed

So yes, you may not have derailed this thread directly, but gimmie a break

Oh and btw, the Jets have to compete with your sorry excuse of a team for the number 1 pick this season unfortunately.....You guys have a decade+ of experience in this annual battle so I'm not too confident in our chances
    Last edited by King Koopa; 06-20-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Well, that's the best I felt about the team this off season. If there's one thing I know I can bank on... it's that Nostrodumbass here is going to be wrong once again.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Your past history and presence alone derails threads....Always on the pessimistic side when it comes to the Jets, it's only natural other Jets fan talk sh1t about your garbage team in return, and wallah...thread derailed

So yes, you may not have derailed this thread directly, but gimmie a break
    Again I'm entitled to my opinion that you may not agree with as long as I am discussing the Jets and pertains to the topic at hand. I'm not in every thread but if I don't agree with someone position I will state my own position. It's called a debate. Now if I started talking about the raiders first and derailing every thread than I would be wrong. Some people just can't handle some criticism and have to attack the poster, instead of attacking the position.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-20-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Again I'm entitled to my opinion that you may not agree with as long as I am discussing the Jets and pertains to the topic at hand. I'm not in every thread but if I don't agree with someone position I will state my own position. It's called a debate. Now if I started talking about the raiders first and derailing every thread than I would be wrong. Some people just can't handle some criticism and have to attack the poster, instead of attacking the position.
    please log off

save yourself from further embarrassment and humiliation

seek help

your friends at JI

Show me the posts where you are partial to the Jets position......Show me the times you are arguing pessimistic Jets fans or Pats trolls in the Jets favor

Exactly......piss off

The Raiders suck and have been sucking for a very long time...hit the bricks, chump...

You can do your own research. It's not that hard to do and you might actually learn something in the process. I'm still waiting for you to tell me when Santonio Holmes will be back playing. How his injury was similar to darren Mcaffden who didn't need surgery and was a way lesser degree. Okay you know what your talking about- NOT.
    All right ass-hat, you need your final slap.

Im going to learn something?

You posted a thread and cited a "Grade 4" Lisfranc injury and how no one has ever come back it before, yet it doesnt exist.

You then say there were A LOT of players who had similar injuries to Holmes and their CAREERS ENDED, yet you cant provide us a single one.

Here is the research for you:

The review of the single NFL team found just 15 midfoot injuries in the team database over a 15-year period. Of these, seven were grade 1 sprains (nondisplaced); five were grade 2 injuries (2 mm–5 mm diastasis); and three were grade 3 injuries (subtle diastasis with instability or > 5 mm displacement).

Management guidelines were based on severity of injury:

Grade 1—Immobilization in a controlled ankle motion (CAM) walker boot with progression to weight-bearing as tolerated. Once the injury was asymptomatic, rehabilitation was begun and included range of motion, strengthening, and proprioception, with gradual return to play as tolerated.

Grade 2—Generally managed conservatively as with grade 1 sprains; signs of gross instability potentially indicated surgical management. Some injured players underwent stress testing to assess for gross instability .

Grade 3—Surgical management. Postoperatively, no weight-bearing was permitted for 6 weeks, followed by 6 weeks of partial weight-bearing. After approximately 12 weeks, screws were removed, with progression to full weight-bearing and rehabilitation begun. Return to play was allowed when the athlete was asymptomatic with a normal range of motion and strength.
    Time lost from participation was based on the dates of injury and return to play.

Although players with grade 1 injuries returned to play in an average of just 3.1 days, those with grade 2 injuries were out for an average of 36 days (P = 0.047). Overall, nonoperative treatment of either grade 1 or 2 midfoot sprains resulted in 11.7 days out of play.

Among the players who received open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF), one returned to play in 73 days (same season) while the other two patients, who incurred their injuries toward the end of the season, returned to play the following season with no persistent problems. Within the same season, no recurrent injuries were reported after successful return to play.

No where in the above study does it discuss an instance where a player's career was over.

If you are bored going on the Raiders site because your team is an embarassment and has no hope to compete then fine - go fishing. But if you want to come to this board and discuss football intelligently, then STOP MAKING SH*T UP to further your ridiculous views.

I dont know when holmes will be back, but my guess is week 1 2013 and what i KNOW is that his career isnt over.

That sound we all hear is the smackdown you just received.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    All right ass-hat, you need your final slap.

Im going to learn something?

You posted a thread and cited a "Grade 4" Lisfranc injury and how no one has ever come back it before, yet it doesnt exist.

You then say there were A LOT of players who had similar injuries to Holmes and their CAREERS ENDED, yet you cant provide us a single one.

Here is the research for you:

The review of the single NFL team found just 15 midfoot injuries in the team database over a 15-year period. Of these, seven were grade 1 sprains (nondisplaced); five were grade 2 injuries (2 mm–5 mm diastasis); and three were grade 3 injuries (subtle diastasis with instability or > 5 mm displacement).

Management guidelines were based on severity of injury:

Grade 1—Immobilization in a controlled ankle motion (CAM) walker boot with progression to weight-bearing as tolerated. Once the injury was asymptomatic, rehabilitation was begun and included range of motion, strengthening, and proprioception, with gradual return to play as tolerated.

Grade 2—Generally managed conservatively as with grade 1 sprains; signs of gross instability potentially indicated surgical management. Some injured players underwent stress testing to assess for gross instability .

Grade 3—Surgical management. Postoperatively, no weight-bearing was permitted for 6 weeks, followed by 6 weeks of partial weight-bearing. After approximately 12 weeks, screws were removed, with progression to full weight-bearing and rehabilitation begun. Return to play was allowed when the athlete was asymptomatic with a normal range of motion and strength.
    Time lost from participation was based on the dates of injury and return to play.

Although players with grade 1 injuries returned to play in an average of just 3.1 days, those with grade 2 injuries were out for an average of 36 days (P = 0.047). Overall, nonoperative treatment of either grade 1 or 2 midfoot sprains resulted in 11.7 days out of play.

Among the players who received open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF), one returned to play in 73 days (same season) while the other two patients, who incurred their injuries toward the end of the season, returned to play the following season with no persistent problems. Within the same season, no recurrent injuries were reported after successful return to play.

No where in the above study does it discuss an instance where a player's career was over.

If you are bored going on the Raiders site because your team is an embarassment and has no hope to compete then fine - go fishing. But if you want to come to this board and discuss football intelligently, then STOP MAKING SH*T UP to further your ridiculous views.

I dont know when holmes will be back, but my guess is week 1 2013 and what i KNOW is that his career isnt over.

That sound we all hear is the smackdown you just received.
    Did I write the article. NO Again Santonio Holmes might have miss spoke about the level but he admitted that it was the worst level OF linsfranc. What reason does santonio Holmes have to lie about his condition.

So stop trying like you caught me in a lie. Again you can show me all the medical reports of when these supposedly injuries take to heal . (ask any foot doctor and no lisfranc injury is ever the same and this is one of the most serious injury that can easily end an athlete career) I will make it simple He able to come back and is effective I will have egg on my face and admit I was wrong.(than and only than you will make me look bad) Now if he can't come back and isn't effective. You will have egg on your face and lets see if your man enough to admit you were wrong. ( Yea but that what that study claimed - who cares as we don't even know if it was research was faulty- seev Global warming research)
    Again only time will tell who was right and who got a smackdown.

When he comes back and plays effective than bring this thread back and throw it in my face.

Btw My research is my foot surgeon as we discussed linsfranc surgery(just shooting the breeze) and he said this injury you just never know how its going to respond.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-20-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Did I write the article. NO Again Santonio Holmes might have miss spoke about the level but he admitted that it was the worst level OF linsfranc. What reason does santonio Holmes have to lie about his condition.

So stop trying like you caught me in a lie. Again you can show me all the medical reports of when these supposedly injuries take to heal . (ask any foot doctor and no lisfranc injury is ever the same and this is one of the most serious injury that can easily end an athlete career) I will make it simple He able to come back and is effective I will have egg on my face and admit I was wrong.(than and only than you will make me look bad) Now if he can't come back and isn't effective. You will have egg on your face and lets see if your man enough to admit you were wrong.

When he comes back and plays effective than bring this thread back and throw it in my face.
    So the multiple players whose careers were ended with this injury, was that Tone's lie too or yours?

Time won't tell who is right and who is wrong. If your opinion was that he won't be the same player after this injury then fine that's your opinion.

But you came on here and spouted blatant lies which needed to be put right back in your face. Stop your BS on here. We are all done with it.

I will have egg on my face and admit I was wrong.(than and only than you will make me look bad) Now if he can't come back and isn't effective. You will have egg on your face and lets see if your man enough to admit you were wrong.

It's THEN, Dumbo...

Jets Insider VIP
    Not ONE of the 16 lisfranc injuries reported by the NFL (as summarized above in the post that proved you are a sh!tstirring troll ignoramus) --NOT ONE resulted in the end of a player's career--NOT ONE.

Yet you are apparently so stupid that you repeat you "career ending'" assertion immediately after it has proven to be false

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    So the multiple players whose careers were ended with this injury, was that Tone's lie too or yours?

Time won't tell who is right and who is wrong. If your opinion was that he won't be the same player after this injury then fine that's your opinion.

But you came on here and spouted blatant lies which needed to be put right back in your face. Stop your BS on here. We are all done with it.
    Were talking Rbs and Wr who need to make sharp cuts those positions are alot different than QB( Matt Schaub) Eric Rhett and Duce Staley were two players who were never the same after this injury(surgery). (early 2000)
    You have eric Decker who had lisfranc surgery and a plate was put in his foot was able to come back from this injury- again means very little as when your dealing with putting in plates in that part of the foot It a big deal that might have worked for him but no guaranbtee it will work for Holmes or any other Wr( each injury different and it depends on what they had to do to fix the problem. Not to mention if arthritis settles in and that foot hurts constantly.

The Nfl has had a rash of these injuries the last two years- correctly diagnosing now( don't know severity/level of each) Lets see how many players are able to come back and what level they weren't . Your delusional if you think this injury no big deal. Everyone of these players who has thisd injury it is a potentially carrer ending injury. The higher degree the level of sprain/ fracture the higher probability of this being a career ender.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Not ONE of the 16 lisfranc injuries reported by the NFL (as summarized above in the post that proved you are a sh!tstirring troll ignoramus) --NOT ONE resulted in the end of a player's career--NOT ONE.

Yet you are apparently so stupid that you repeat you "career ending'" assertion immediately after it has proven to be false
    Yea because NFl reports on concussions are to believe too. What would the reason be for the NFl to submit misleading reports. maybe to protect them self from lawsuits. Again not only santonio Holmes let see the rash of players who had this injury the last two years. Lets see how effective each are coming back from this injury and how reliable those reports are. Lets see if they are the same player they were before the injury or if they were never the same after the injury. Than come tell me how wrong I am. Again I talk to actual foot surgeon on this topic.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-20-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    on advise of counsel, Raider, I've decided to throttle it down and pay no further attention to your posts. Have a good life. Who knows, the Raiders may even have a winning season some year before 2050 or whenever the Davis family sells the team to real owners

Of that group, Lloyd easily is the most attractive option. New Jets general manager John Idzik has to be harboring doubts about placing an eccentric wide receiver known for his erratic behavior in the middle of what has been a combustible locker room.
    I love how the lazy ignorant people in the media are so quick to still label the Jets lockeroom "combustible." Last I checked, Ladianian, Bart Scott, Plaxico, Tim Tebow and the rest of the divisive clowns were gone.