Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 141

Thread: Doesn't sound to good for santonio Holmes

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Doesn't sound to good for santonio Holmes

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...st-severe-kind

    Neither Santonio Holmes nor New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan is confident in the wide receiver's availability for training camp, much less the season opener. Now we have a better idea why that's the case.

    Holmes revealed that his Lisfranc fracture was diagnosed as a Grade 4 injury, which is the most serious variety. He had a joint separation and a muscle tear in the middle of his foot, according to ESPNNewYork.com. A plate was removed in a March follow-up surgery, but two screws will remain in his foot permanently.

    Although Holmes has set the beginning of training camp as his "target date," not one of the Jets beat writers has been buying it as a realistic timetable. Holmes' yet to begin running and cutting. In fact, Holmes hasn't even disclosed if he has started jogging.

    With Holmes' Week 1 status up in the air, the Jets are "looking at all possibilities" at the position after a disappointing showing by their wide receivers in last week's mandatory minicamp.

    Free-agent options include Brandon Lloyd, Austin Collie, Laurent Robinson and Chaz Schilens.

    Of that group, Lloyd easily is the most attractive option. New Jets general manager John Idzik has to be harboring doubts about placing an eccentric wide receiver known for his erratic behavior in the middle of what has been a combustible locker room.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...st-severe-kind

    Neither Santonio Holmes nor New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan is confident in the wide receiver's availability for training camp, much less the season opener. Now we have a better idea why that's the case.

    Holmes revealed that his Lisfranc fracture was diagnosed as a Grade 4 injury, which is the most serious variety. He had a joint separation and a muscle tear in the middle of his foot, according to ESPNNewYork.com. A plate was removed in a March follow-up surgery, but two screws will remain in his foot permanently.

    Although Holmes has set the beginning of training camp as his "target date," not one of the Jets beat writers has been buying it as a realistic timetable. Holmes' yet to begin running and cutting. In fact, Holmes hasn't even disclosed if he has started jogging.

    With Holmes' Week 1 status up in the air, the Jets are "looking at all possibilities" at the position after a disappointing showing by their wide receivers in last week's mandatory minicamp.

    Free-agent options include Brandon Lloyd, Austin Collie, Laurent Robinson and Chaz Schilens.

    Of that group, Lloyd easily is the most attractive option. New Jets general manager John Idzik has to be harboring doubts about placing an eccentric wide receiver known for his erratic behavior in the middle of what has been a combustible locker room.
    This particular injury is known to have a very long recovery time, often longer than a year and sometimes players never completely recover. I don't particularly like the guy but we need him this season. I hope he comes back but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he never plays another down for Jets.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope he never plays for the Jets again I am tired of his mouth get himoutta here please.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,670
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    This particular injury is known to have a very long recovery time, often longer than a year and sometimes players never completely recover. I don't particularly like the guy but we need him this season. I hope he comes back but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he never plays another down for Jets.
    Then it's a good thing we're so deep a WR.


  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets better get off their A-ss and sign 2 receivers if they want to be competitive this year!

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't Jets get Rob Moore is a supplemental draft one year? Is that supplemental draft still in effect?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill will pick up the slack.


    I mean he might drop it first but my money is on him to pick it up again afterwords.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,374
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone ever expected to have Holmes back for the start of this year.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Breaston could be a decent option but I also think Collie could thrive in this offense as it is predicated on good route running. Yes we would have some small guys running around out there (and he is a huge injury risk) but he knows how to get open for sure.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to hope the are a few teams out there who, unlike us, saw some real potential in some of there draft choices. In which case they may be willing to part with a more expensive veteran, that we could then pick up. What we need is a hold the fort for two year guy who can actually make an impact.
    I real don't want any more head cases in the locker room then we already may have.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,107
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm.. this shouldn't be new news to the Jets. I wonder why they avoided WRs in FA and the draft.. Not saying that a #1 was available, but at the very least they should've looked to upgrade..

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think anyone realistically expected him back before week 5.

    And not really sure what Jets fan's agenda against Holmes is... You were all saying the same garbage about Cro.

    STFU and nut up. So he smokes weed, probably the greatest medicine out there... a friggin PLANT.

    How many of you sorry sacks take Viagra?!

    Keep on hatin, bltches

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id like to see our kids get a legit. chance to do their thing. I like STROUD but he is raw. The kid from Tennessee and the kid we drafted last year can all step up. I think its better to develop our kid receivers then bring in leftovers for a year. Why do that? We could still be very competitive with the kids playing. They have not even had the opportunity of a training camp to get their feet on the ground.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a tough injury. If he has problems after it heals, it will be when he cuts off the foot since he basically tore up the arch of his foot. He can make it back though. Freeney and MJD had the same injury. I'm not sure about the grade for them though. Did someone step on his foot or did it just fracture during a practice?

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    That's a tough injury. If he has problems after it heals, it will be when he cuts off the foot since he basically tore up the arch of his foot. He can make it back though. Freeney and MJD had the same injury. I'm not sure about the grade for them though. Did someone step on his foot or did it just fracture during a practice?
    Too many cycles turned him into glass.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,458
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    That's a tough injury. If he has problems after it heals, it will be when he cuts off the foot since he basically tore up the arch of his foot. He can make it back though. Freeney and MJD had the same injury. I'm not sure about the grade for them though. Did someone step on his foot or did it just fracture during a practice?
    It was non-contact in the SF game. It was the play where he threw the ball up in the air while on the ground and SF returned it for a TD.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Hill will pick up the slack.


    I mean he might drop it first but my money is on him to pick it up again afterwords.
    I see what you did there.....

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll never forgive him for quitting on the team. Screw him! I dislike him as much as I dislike A-Roid, and I'm a Yankees fan.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's got his $45 mil and is never going to play again. He quit on us in 2011, and when Revis went out he said to himself F this. I'm beginning to wonder if he has any injury at all. What would it take to buy a couple of doctors, a couple million?

    And he goes out into the sunset basking in his MVP days. Say what you want about Sanchez but he could do the same. Yet he's out there busting his butt while getting heaped with abuse.

    The sooner holMEs ends the charade and is gone the better.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    I hope he never plays for the Jets again I am tired of his mouth get himoutta here please.
    Me too. Let's move on. He is easily replaceable.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us