Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doesn't sound to good for santonio Holmes

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    hmm.. this shouldn't be new news to the Jets. I wonder why they avoided WRs in FA and the draft.. Not saying that a #1 was available, but at the very least they should've looked to upgrade..
    We needed defensive linemen and cornerbacks

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Steve Breaston could be a decent option but I also think Collie could thrive in this offense as it is predicated on good route running. Yes we would have some small guys running around out there (and he is a huge injury risk) but he knows how to get open for sure.
    Good call on Collie, he'd be a good pickup

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    I hope he never plays for the Jets again I am tired of his mouth get himoutta here please.
    You're just waiting for a crown, but you're hoping our only professional wide out can't play. Interesting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Too many cycles turned him into glass.
    You aren't very bright, for a guido.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    no way jets go into the season with jeremey kerley or stephen hill as the #1. no qb has a chance with this receiving corps. just pick up brandon llyod. problem solved.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    no way jets go into the season with jeremey kerley or stephen hill as the #1. no qb has a chance with this receiving corps. just pick up brandon llyod. problem solved.
    Dude. Whats your beef with J-Kerl. Seriously. The dude is a stud. Dont judge his mediocre performance because he and his talent are being squandered by our crappy(Sanchez) QB experience.

Respect the Kerley.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Dude. Whats your beef with J-Kerl. Seriously. The dude is a stud. Dont judge his mediocre performance because he and his talent are being squandered by our crappy(Sanchez) QB experience.

Respect the Kerley.
    i respect him as a #2, he's a great slot guy, but im talking about the go to guy here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    i respect him as a #2, he's a great slot guy, but im talking about the go to guy here.
    I know. I was joking (a little), lol...
    Seriously though, I know Holmes is FAR more experienced than Kerley, but all we can do is hope for the best with what we have.

Not certain, but most FA pick ups at this point in the preseason will not be likely to make an impact. At least not a big impact .

For example, there must be obvious reasons why Braylon, and B. Lloyd are still floating out there.

I really like Kerley. Im not saying he could ever be a dominant #1 threat. but i truly feel he is one part of the team that has the ability to come out and surprise a few people, especially if he can get the ball thrown to him.

Really feel he is being under used.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    He's got his $45 mil and is never going to play again. He quit on us in 2011, and when Revis went out he said to himself F this. I'm beginning to wonder if he has any injury at all. What would it take to buy a couple of doctors, a couple million?

And he goes out into the sunset basking in his MVP days. Say what you want about Sanchez but he could do the same. Yet he's out there busting his butt while getting heaped with abuse.

The sooner holMEs ends the charade and is gone the better.
    Bring back Braylon , can't understand why Idzik is taking so long

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Respect the Kerley.
    I know. I was joking (a little), lol...
    Seriously though, I know Holmes is FAR more experienced than Kerley, but all we can do is hope for the best with what we have.

Not certain, but most FA pick ups at this point in the preseason will not be likely to make an impact. At least not a big impact .

For example, there must be obvious reasons why Braylon, and B. Lloyd are still floating out there.

I really like Kerley. Im not saying he could ever be a dominant #1 threat. but i truly feel he is one part of the team that has the ability to come out and surprise a few people, especially if he can get the ball thrown to him.

Really feel he is being under used.

so are you joking. or are you serious... just kidding...

but seriously, are you serious?
    Last edited by dameangreenkillingmachine; 06-17-2013 at 11:02 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It was non-contact in the SF game. It was the play where he threw the ball up in the air while on the ground and SF returned it for a TD.
    I'm still amazed someone could sustain such a grave injury by just running.

Austin Collie has had way too many concussions, the first time he falls he will be out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't wish anybody hurt but I'll be happy to never hear from or see Santonio Holmes again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We started the 2000 season with 5'10 Wayne and 5'9 Dedric Ward as the 1 and 2 Veteran W/R's.. Vinny hadn't played in a year and Groh was the new HC and we went 9-7 after after a 6-1 start.. No one knows how this team will be yet.. Well except for the Chicken Little Brigade..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets have a lot of young Wr's tryin to make the roster. No need to panic bc Holmes isn't that hard to replace these days.

Jets Wr's

Hill
    Kerley
    Obomanu

WR Job Openings (NYJ)

White
    Collins
    Mayo
    Rogers
    Spadola
    Ryan
    Davis

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    We started the 2000 season with 5'10 Wayne and 5'9 Dedric Ward as the 1 and 2 Veteran W/R's.. Vinny hadn't played in a year and Groh was the new HC and we went 9-7 after after a 6-1 start.. No one knows how this team will be yet.. Well except for the Chicken Little Brigade..
    I suspect the 29INTs the Jets threw that year (along with 23 TDs) may be partially explained by the lack of WR talent on that team. Plus, Richie Anderson and Curtis Martin accounted for just about 50% of all completions that season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's got his $45 mil and is never going to play again. He quit on us in 2011, and when Revis went out he said to himself F this. I'm beginning to wonder if he has any injury at all. What would it take to buy a couple of doctors, a couple million?
    Seriously? Must be those same docs he got the cadaver leg from to keep in his locker.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Seriously? Must be those same docs he got the cadaver leg from to keep in his locker.
    Exactly, glad you get it!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly, glad you get it!
    Well you sound about as ridiculous as the cadaver leg guy... see my sig.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Well you sound about as ridiculous as the cadaver leg guy... see my sig.
    OMG thanks for memorializing that thread in your sig, that is for sure a JI classic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still don't really understand the massive hate for the guy, what exactly did he do to piss Jets fans off SO MUCH? That 2011 finale game was a blow up, sh1t happens sometimes and I really have trouble blaming him 100% for the incident. Yeah he shouldn't act like that, but I can atleast see where he was coming from.....Other than that one incident, he really hasn't done anything crazy

He played great for us in 2010 when Sanchez was playing decent

It's so hard to judge any of our weapons fairly due to the awful and inconsistent nature of our qb play and play calling over the last couple seasons