Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 141

Thread: Doesn't sound to good for santonio Holmes

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    current unsigned free agent WR's

    Brandon Lloyd
    Laurent Robinson
    Randy Moss
    Braylon Edwards
    Austin Collie
    Jabar Gaffney
    Brandon Stokley
    Steve Breaston
    Early Doucet*
    Titus Young
    Terrell Owens
    Chaz Schilens
    Sammie Stroughter
    Chad Johnson
    Deion Branch
    Adrian Arrington
    Jason Hill
    Seyi Ajirotutu
    Greg Camarillo
    Roscoe Parrish
    Big Mike Williams
    Lee Evans
    Brandon Banks
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Ruvell Martin*
    Legedu Naanee

  2. #62
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What does the guy have to do to be considered a bad teammate in your eyes?

    Don't you remember last offseason, Blowing off OTAs, Arriving late and showing up his coach by throwing his helmet in front of reporters, continuing to talk trash in and to the media after Rex asked the team not to.

    And it is a history of him being so, Why did pitt let him go and why did they only get a 5th for him? They could have kept him on the team for another year and gotten more than that in a comp pick. A 5th for a guy making 500.000 the year after he got 1200 yards.

    I am sure every team has a holmes on it, it is just that he makes 10 mill and doesn't produce. He might as well paint a bullseye on his back.
    He didn't blow off OTA's. He was on a USO tour and had permission to go.

    Pitt let him go to send a message to an out of control team. The guy that should have gone, the one who created all the problems, embarrassed the franchise and threatened the team was their QB. Pitt couldn't dump Ben so they chose to get rid of a player who was only eligible to play 14 games to send their message.

    He's never trashed talked about teammates or his HC. He never really complains much. He was the guy working with McKnight, hard, to get his sh1t together during Hard Knocks. He supposedly has been working with Hill and others. He's gone to Sanchez's camp. He's gone on vacation with Sanchez while there were reports that they didnt get along. He's defended his QB and says he hasn't complained outside of a argument he had with a lineman in the closing minutes of a game they were losing in Miami as their playoff shot was fading. But hey, it couldn't be Hunter or Slausons fault, whoever it was, it was the WRs fault. Wow, that makes him a real issue.

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Who brought up the raiders, "forcing" you to respond? I thought you said that was the only time you posted around here, right?
    That is what he said.

    I pointed that out and now he's changed his tune. He only talks about the Raiders when someone brings them up, "forcing" him to defend his team.

    Of course he said this in a thread where he brought up the Raiders more explosive O, superior QB talent, superior WR core, better run D, pass D, LBs and secondary in a thread where no one was talking about the Raiders.

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He didn't blow off OTA's. He was on a USO tour and had permission to go.

    Pitt let him go to send a message to an out of control team. The guy that should have gone, the one who created all the problems, embarrassed the franchise and threatened the team was their QB. Pitt couldn't dump Ben so they chose to get rid of a player who was only eligible to play 14 games to send their message.

    He's never trashed talked about teammates or his HC. He never really complains much. He was the guy working with McKnight, hard, to get his sh1t together during Hard Knocks. He supposedly has been working with Hill and others. He's gone to Sanchez's camp. He's gone on vacation with Sanchez while there were reports that they didnt get along. He's defended his QB and says he hasn't complained outside of a argument he had with a lineman in the closing minutes of a game they were losing in Miami as their playoff shot was fading. But hey, it couldn't be Hunter or Slausons fault, whoever it was, it was the WRs fault. Wow, that makes him a real issue.
    Exactly.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I never said he was a model teammate......I don't even think he's a good teammate, but it gets blown out of proportion.

    The only real problem I had with him is the 2011 Dolphins game, and even then, try being a talented WR for 16 straight weeks with that QB, in that offense with your playoff hopes crushed right before your eyes due to the same issues over and over......No excuse though, no player should ever embarrass their team during the game....But it atleast showed he cares and wants to help the team win and was frustrated.....

    Other than that, a few dumb little incidents but nothing to warrant the crazy amount of hate.....Is he Immature? Yes.....Boneheaded at times? Yes.....Genuinely bad person? Don't think so.

    I think he's a very good talent that is overpaid, which again, shouldn't be used against him by fans......Blame the Front Office, the players will always take as much money as they can get and so would you

    Hopefully he comes back 100% and has a good year
    First- he was pissed that he was not getting the ball, not that the team was losing, just because the coaching staff and his qb did not agree with his sense of him being involved as the reason for the team losing. All these guys want the ball, or they never would have made it to the nfl.

    Fans have every right to expect players who get paid the big bucks to play as hard as they did before- Holmes did not. And he was not apologetic about it either. How many do you consider a few? I remember about 1/2 dozen in the same year as he got the contract.

    For instance, Harris does not get beat up on, nowhere near as much. Like Holmes he is outrageously overpaid, but when he steps on the field he gives a good effort every time and you don't see him causing locker room issues.

    Fans can forgive players not playing up to thier contracts, it is when they don't play up to their money and patently hold the team in contempt is what makes fans turn on them.

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...st-severe-kind

    Neither Santonio Holmes nor New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan is confident in the wide receiver's availability for training camp, much less the season opener. Now we have a better idea why that's the case.

    Holmes revealed that his Lisfranc fracture was diagnosed as a Grade 4 injury, which is the most serious variety. He had a joint separation and a muscle tear in the middle of his foot, according to ESPNNewYork.com. A plate was removed in a March follow-up surgery, but two screws will remain in his foot permanently.

    Although Holmes has set the beginning of training camp as his "target date," not one of the Jets beat writers has been buying it as a realistic timetable. Holmes' yet to begin running and cutting. In fact, Holmes hasn't even disclosed if he has started jogging.

    With Holmes' Week 1 status up in the air, the Jets are "looking at all possibilities" at the position after a disappointing showing by their wide receivers in last week's mandatory minicamp.

    Free-agent options include Brandon Lloyd, Austin Collie, Laurent Robinson and Chaz Schilens.

    Of that group, Lloyd easily is the most attractive option. New Jets general manager John Idzik has to be harboring doubts about placing an eccentric wide receiver known for his erratic behavior in the middle of what has been a combustible locker room.
    Your pathetic team has enough problems of its own 90210.

    SHUT UP.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He didn't blow off OTA's. He was on a USO tour and had permission to go.

    Pitt let him go to send a message to an out of control team. The guy that should have gone, the one who created all the problems, embarrassed the franchise and threatened the team was their QB. Pitt couldn't dump Ben so they chose to get rid of a player who was only eligible to play 14 games to send their message.

    He's never trashed talked about teammates or his HC. He never really complains much. He was the guy working with McKnight, hard, to get his sh1t together during Hard Knocks. He supposedly has been working with Hill and others. He's gone to Sanchez's camp. He's gone on vacation with Sanchez while there were reports that they didnt get along. He's defended his QB and says he hasn't complained outside of a argument he had with a lineman in the closing minutes of a game they were losing in Miami as their playoff shot was fading. But hey, it couldn't be Hunter or Slausons fault, whoever it was, it was the WRs fault. Wow, that makes him a real issue.
    The USO has a tour every week during the offseason, he scheduled his tour with the start of OTAs. What were the jets going to do, say don't go- kind of a PR nightmare telling him to cancel and attend "voluntary WOs"

    No one said he disparaged his teammates. But he did ignore Rex's request to not address the media when those scuffles were happening on the field in front of ESPN. it sounds like you believe the rest of the jets in the huddle in Miami were ok with his attitude that day. Just because Hunter had to take the leadership on himself due to Sanchez's failure to do so, does not mean that the rest of the huddle was not disgusted with him.

    If you don't think he was one of the other WRs along with Mason that went behind the QCs back to complain to rex, IMO you could not be more wrong, regardless of what Rex publicly says.

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    First- he was pissed that he was not getting the ball, not that the team was losing, just because the coaching staff and his qb did not agree with his sense of him being involved as the reason for the team losing. All these guys want the ball, or they never would have made it to the nfl.

    Fans have every right to expect players who get paid the big bucks to play as hard as they did before- Holmes did not. And he was not apologetic about it either. How many do you consider a few? I remember about 1/2 dozen in the same year as he got the contract.

    For instance, Harris does not get beat up on, nowhere near as much. Like Holmes he is outrageously overpaid, but when he steps on the field he gives a good effort every time and you don't see him causing locker room issues.

    Fans can forgive players not playing up to thier contracts, it is when they don't play up to their money and patently hold the team in contempt is what makes fans turn on them.
    I agree with him about getting him the ball, he was our best playmaker at the time and still is....He was also pissed they were losing, and especially the way they were losing (ugly, garbage offense).......I'm with him there as well.

    I don't try to get in players' heads and try to spot the times they aren't trying hard enough or try to think that they don't want to win as much as the next player on the team....It's all speculation. We have no idea what motivates certain guys and the inner workings of a locker room

    All I care about is performance on the field......If a player gives his all I appreciate it, but it doesn't mean sh1t to me if they play like Wayne Hunter, for example

    Santonio Holmes shows up and does his job well on the field on Sundays, it's not his fault his QB is inconsistent as all hell and the offenses under Schotty in 2011 and Sparano last season have been about the worst situations possible for a WR.....All of the other off the field nonsense and rumblings are essentially meaningless to me.
    Last edited by King Koopa; 06-19-2013 at 01:22 AM.

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Your pathetic team has enough problems of its own 90210.

    SHUT UP.
    Do you not understand what is going on here. Nobody in their right mind glorifies another team losing a player to injury- not cool.

    Still this is JET news and raises a lot of questions.
    Do you know that no player has ever come back from a grade four Linsfranc injury in the history of the NFl. For all purposes Santonio Holmes career is probably over and the Jets FO knows this.

    The question comes the Jets knew the severity of the injury he substain . Why didn't they address the Wr position in FA or the draft? Why haven't they brought in a Fa Wr now.( there are Wr's out there they can sign that would upgrade what they have now at that position)

    Yet they do nothing Why? Something doesn't smell right here. Again maybe some day when you get older you can participate in a big boy conversation like this. Right now you can't. So either contribute something to the thread or you SHUT UP.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-19-2013 at 07:03 AM.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something doesn't smell right here whenever you post.

    Facts

    The Jet WR group will be better this season than last

    If Holmes comes back, of course

    If, not, still better for four reasons

    1. Hill, Kerley and a few of the kids will improve
    2. Explosive Schillins OUT and no other explosive Raiders on the roster
    3. Smith at QB, not King Turnover
    4. Mornhingweg and Lee vs Sparano and Cavanaugh

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Something doesn't smell right here whenever you post.

    Facts

    The Jet WR group will be better this season than last

    If Holmes comes back, of course

    If, not, still better for four reasons

    1. Hill, Kerley and a few of the kids will improve
    2. Explosive Schillins OUT and no other explosive Raiders on the roster
    3. Smith at QB, not King Turnover
    4. Mornhingweg and Lee vs Sparano and Cavanaugh
    The jets Wr will be better this year than last year is your opinion and not a fact.

    If Santonio Holmes did sustain a grade four Linsfranc injury he isn't coming back.( fact- no player has ever come back from)

    1. More your hope than a fact

    2. No comment

    3. Jets knew severity of Holmes injury yet did nothing. Tells me they plan on throwing butt fumbler to the Wolf's and addressing Wr position next year in Fa and the draft- hopefully Smith will be ready by than.

    4. How many Jet players on offense have played in WCo offense. There isn't going to be some serious growing pains as they learn this new offense. C gates couldn't make Dolphins roster ( WCO offense) and suddenly he going to be a fit in Jets version.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-19-2013 at 07:20 AM.

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Note to Raider gnat...

    Holmes missed most of last season too.

    So his not coming back is pretty much a moot issue.

    If he does, it's gravy

    If not I stand behind points 1-4

    Plus we have a guaranteed win on the schedule this season we didn't have last year..


    The Raiders...continuing in the NFL toilet for their 12th season in a row

  13. #73
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    If Santonio Holmes did sustain a grade four Linsfranc injury he isn't coming back.( fact- no player has ever come back from)
    Substantiate that statement. How many NFL players have ever sustained a grade four Lisfranc injury?

    I'm sure if you felt the need to post that "fact" twice that you can tell us a few players who failed to come back.

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Substantiate that statement. How many NFL players have ever sustained a grade four Lisfranc injury?

    I'm sure if you felt the need to post that "fact" twice that you can tell us a few players who failed to come back.
    Let make it simple so you can even understand. a Grade 1 linsfranc injury that required surgery is it a potential career threatening to any RB or wr . Would you say that is a true statement.

    Now you take a Grade Four linsfranc injury that require surgery ( had to do more radically to try to correct and stabilize the foot) . Do you know how much more serio0us that is ,and more likely that santonio Holmes Nfl career is probably over with. A Wr or Rb can't make those sharp cuts anymore and he done.

    maybe you should read up on lisfranc injuries to have a better understanding just how devastating this injury is to an athlete career. I get no joy in saying this ( again no one roots for injury) but unfortunately this is what the Jets are looking at with Santonio Holmes.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-19-2013 at 09:40 AM.

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Let make it simple so you can even understand. a Grade 1 linsfranc injury that required surgery is it a potential career threatening to any RB or wr . Would you say that is a true statement.

    Now you take a Grade Four linsfranc injury that require surgery ( had to do more radically to try to correct and stabilize the foot) . Do you know how much serio0us that is and more likely that santonio Holmes Nfl career is over with. A Wr or Rb can't make those sharp cuts anymore and he done.

    maybe you should read up on lisfranc injuries to have a better understanding how devasting an injury to an athlete career,.
    I realize it's a debilitating injury. And the reading I already did before my post revealed that a few high-profile athletes have had the injury...and ALL have returned to play again.

    Maybe you should just acknowledge that you took a leap to insinuate that Holmes' career might be over, and that you mentioned "no player has ever returned from a grade four Lisfranc" when you don't even know of a single player who's had that level of the injury.

    Holmes may not recover. But isn't that true of pretty much any injury that requires surgery? Are you on a Pats board telling those fans that Gronkowski's career might be over?

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    current unsigned free agent WR's

    Brandon Lloyd
    Laurent Robinson
    Randy Moss
    Braylon Edwards
    Austin Collie
    Jabar Gaffney
    Brandon Stokley
    Steve Breaston
    Early Doucet*
    Titus Young
    Terrell Owens
    Chaz Schilens
    Sammie Stroughter
    Chad Johnson
    Deion Branch
    Adrian Arrington
    Jason Hill
    Seyi Ajirotutu
    Greg Camarillo
    Roscoe Parrish
    Big Mike Williams
    Lee Evans
    Brandon Banks
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Ruvell Martin*
    Legedu Naanee
    Lloyd and Edwards can both be had for vet minimum. Both are better than anyone we have on our roster right now and IMO we should be looking at signing one or both of them. I don't see Holmes playing at full strength this season. LisFranc injuries are often career enders. Collie is a talent but he is also a concussion waiting to happen. He shouldn't be allowed to play football anymore. Seyi and Legedu have flashed in the past but have never risen beyond WR3 type status. The only other consideration there is Laurant Robinson but he has some major ?'s as well I just cant remember what they were.

  17. #77
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    said it then and Ill say it again should have never resigned him

  18. #78
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    said it then and Ill say it again should have never resigned him
    Agreed. He's gone next year anyway as Idzik continues to flush the !$&@.

  19. #79
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not expect much offense this year without good receivers. Our defense should be decent but they do not score touchdowns.

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Let make it simple so you can even understand. a Grade 1 linsfranc injury that required surgery is it a potential career threatening to any RB or wr . Would you say that is a true statement.

    Now you take a Grade Four linsfranc injury that require surgery ( had to do more radically to try to correct and stabilize the foot) . Do you know how much more serio0us that is ,and more likely that santonio Holmes Nfl career is probably over with. A Wr or Rb can't make those sharp cuts anymore and he done.

    maybe you should read up on lisfranc injuries to have a better understanding just how devastating this injury is to an athlete career. I get no joy in saying this ( again no one roots for injury) but unfortunately this is what the Jets are looking at with Santonio Holmes.
    Can you please quote any information from other then Holmes' mouth that talks about Grade 4 sprains? From what I can find there is virtually zero mention of grade 4 lis franc sprains as most medical journals only classify 3 levels. So basically Holmes is guilty of exaggeration an injury.

    McFadden had a lisfranc sprain and fracture one month later in he season then Holmes did and played in all 16 games.

    To say Holmes career is over is utterly ridiculous.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us