Thread: Woman sexually assaulted in Nevada courtroom

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

Woman sexually assaulted in Nevada courtroom

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/...vada-courtroom

Follow the link and watch this video. It is kind of shocking. The stones this police officer has to think he can do this.

A Nevada woman was arrested for claiming a court officer sexually assaulted her:

Monica Contreras went to family court with her 2-year-old daughter in August 2011. She was in the courtroom only a few minutes on a routine divorce case. Her husband filed for a Temporary Restraining Order against her during their divorce. He never showed up in court so the order was denied.

According to internal court documents, as Contreras was leaving, family court marshal Ron Fox ordered her into a waiting room for an unexplained drug search.

Contreras said Fox touched her buttocks, breast, and ordered her to lift up her shirt. A later internal investigation by Clark County courts validated her claims. Contreras went back into the same courtroom and told hearing master Patricia Donninger that her requests to have a female marshal handle the search were ignored.

Hearing master Patricia Donninger ignored her pleas and looked away as she was arrested by the very same marshal. The entire incident was caught on camera:

The marshall has since been fired, but the investigation is expanding:

Even though Fox was fired, sources tell the I-Team, Clark County courts are widening their investigation into why this incident, and a growing number of assault allegations, were never reported by family court management to internal affairs.

Fox maintains his innocence and is suing Clark County for wrongful termination. His attorney declined an on-camera interview but claims the marshal's arrest was legal because nobody in the courtroom tried to stop him.

Hearing Master Patricia Doninger has got go. Sign our petition to Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval, Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto, and Eighth District Court Chief Judge Jennifer Togliatti to fire Patricia Doninger for this outrageous incident.

Sexual misconduct is never appropriate or to be tolerated.

Not in Church
    Not in School
    Not in the Workplace
    Not in the Millitary
    Not at Court ffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    What about a lap dance?

Hall Of Fame
    nice face blurring job. i could pick her out of a line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Sexual misconduct is never appropriate or to be tolerated.

Not in Church
    Not in School
    Not in the Workplace
    Not in the Millitary
    Not at Court ffs.
    I really feel we need to differentiate between "sexual misconduct" and sexual assault.

In my opinion the court officer should go to jail for a long time.

But the guy who whistles or makes crude jokes at the women in his office shouldn't be on the wrong side of the law. HR should push for his inconsiderate ass to be fired, but it needn't be a legal issue.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The stones this police officer has to think he can do this.
    First off, the guy is basically a Court Officer, not a cop. Second, the reason he thinks he can get away with it? Look at that POS Judge and how she behaved throughout the whole thing. Talk about head in the sand. THAT IS HER COURTROOM.

Period.

THose uniformed boobs dont control it...she does.

I'd be fine with the Court Officer and the judge doing time for this one.

Very upsetting, especially considering the child being present. Disgusting.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    nice face blurring job. i could pick her out of a line-up.
    No offense, but I'm guessing all things being equal, you and her together.... and one's in a line-up....its going to be you...not her, mongo.

-