Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hot Sauce Threads

The Hot Sauce Threads

Anybody tried this one?
    And what are some of your favorites?
    I had a delicious one at a BBQ joint in Somerville, Boston, that the girl hid behind the bar.
    It was delicious but I don't know what it was called. It was from a South American country.
    Lots of flavor. I'm hoping one of you dicks posts a picture of it so I can remember it and track it down.
    Hey, check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsqW6byqotE

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Anybody tried this one?
    I had a delicious one at a BBQ joint in Somerville, Boston, that the girl hid behind the bar.
    It was delicious but I don't know what it was called. It was from a South American country.
    Lots of flavor. I'm hoping one of you dicks posts a picture of it so I can remember it and track it down.
    Hey, check this out!

Redbones in Somerville?

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Redbones in Somerville?
    Yeah!

Used to live right over by there. Probably ate there 3-5 times a week

Redbones really went downhill the past few years... And their beer prices are WAY out of control now.

Only thing consistent is the catfish. They get them live from Mississippi or something. The Catfingers are great.

Especially with whatever hot sauce the girl used to hide for me.

Anybody tried this one?
    Hey, check this out!

There's a place in Portland, Maine called Rock Lobster. It's like a tee-shirt souvenir type shop on appearance, but they are all-in on their love and commitment to hot sauces.

They know their stuff, and melted my face off at their "tasting bar". If you are in Boston, then you should try to hit this place up if you are ever up the coast a bit further.

Yeah!

Used to live right over by there. Probably ate there 3-5 times a week
    Redbones really went downhill the past few years... And their beer prices are WAY out of control now.

Only thing consistent is the catfish. They get them live from Mississippi or something. The Catfingers are great.

Especially with whatever hot sauce the girl used to hide for me.
    Totally agree, it's never really impressed me much. I prefer Blue Ribbon BBQ, but the Boston area is lacking good BBQ in general. You really have to go out of your way to find anything decent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Most hot sauces are flavored vinegar. Frank's, to which I'm pretty loyal, is no exception. Sriracha, on the other hand, is facking delicious and I put it on everything. Even made grilled honey sriracha wings over the weekend.

He got bought out. Back in the day when he first started it was teh bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    He got bought out. Back in the day when he first started it was teh bomb.
    I don't know how long ago "back in the day" was, but I first tried it like 7-8 years ago and it sucked. Sucks more now though.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Most hot sauces are flavored vinegar. Frank's, to which I'm pretty loyal, is no exception. Sriracha, on the other hand, is facking delicious and I put it on everything. Even made grilled honey sriracha wings over the weekend.
    You'll tire of it; I had the same love affair. Actually the whole family did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m17_gI7qweU

Bewildered Beast
    On the other hand; I cannot get enough Hunan food. I use Srirancha, oyster sause, crushed red pepper, black peeper and a bit of smoke or sesame flavor....I get close. But the best places have this "hot sauce debris" that is insanely hot and tastes great. Hot and Sour beef is made with vnegar; it's like flank steak made with potsticker flavors - so good; so hard on a man.

had a contest with a buddy 2 years ago who could eat a ghost chilli and not freak the **** out the longest...fresh, one bite, to the stem...wasnt as bad as i expected.

until later.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Marie Sharpe's Belizean-Style hot sauce. Excellent kick. Belize hot sauces use a carrot base whicjh makes the sauce orange and give it a sweet flavor--so it's not just hot...it actually tastes good.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I have something to put the fire out.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I don't know how long ago "back in the day" was, but I first tried it like 7-8 years ago and it sucked. Sucks more now though.
    Maybe next time you go it will even suck more.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Marie Sharpe's Belizean-Style hot sauce. Excellent kick. Belize hot sauces use a carrot base whicjh makes the sauce orange and give it a sweet flavor--so it's not just hot...it actually tastes good.
    DAMM!!! This MAY be onto something! That was definitely a characteristic of the sauce I had like 8 years ago... and had that color

I'm almost certain it wasn't from Belize, but it had a sweetnees with a LOT of flavor to it.
    I think it was a habenero sauce but who knows...

And makes perfect sense about the owner being bought out. They really took a nosedive after that!

Used to be one of my favorite places in the Somerville/Medford/Cambridge area!

Jets Insider VIP

By far the best hot sauce I've ever tasted.

Not so hot that it burns the hell out of your mouth, but much hotter than the Franks, Texas Pete's, etc that I find more tangy than hot.

Bewildered Beast
    I don't use a lot of real habanero sauces; that's major league pitching. I watch those pro hot sauce freaks from a safe distance.

Dying to try something blistering that's delicious.

uh oh

All League
    A hot sauce once told Fatcesser that Tortorella had been fired before anyone else knew.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    A hot sauce once told Fatcesser that Tortorella had been fired before anyone else knew.
    waiting for this

thanks mike