Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: The Hot Sauce Threads

  1. #1

    The Hot Sauce Threads

    Anybody tried this one?
    And what are some of your favorites?
    I had a delicious one at a BBQ joint in Somerville, Boston, that the girl hid behind the bar.
    It was delicious but I don't know what it was called. It was from a South American country.
    Lots of flavor. I'm hoping one of you dicks posts a picture of it so I can remember it and track it down.
    Hey, check this out!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsqW6byqotE

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Anybody tried this one?
    And what are some of your favorites?
    I had a delicious one at a BBQ joint in Somerville, Boston, that the girl hid behind the bar.
    It was delicious but I don't know what it was called. It was from a South American country.
    Lots of flavor. I'm hoping one of you dicks posts a picture of it so I can remember it and track it down.
    Hey, check this out!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsqW6byqotE
    Redbones in Somerville?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Redbones in Somerville?
    Yeah!

    Used to live right over by there. Probably ate there 3-5 times a week

  4. #4
    Redbones really went downhill the past few years... And their beer prices are WAY out of control now.

    Only thing consistent is the catfish. They get them live from Mississippi or something. The Catfingers are great.

    Especially with whatever hot sauce the girl used to hide for me.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Anybody tried this one?
    And what are some of your favorites?
    I had a delicious one at a BBQ joint in Somerville, Boston, that the girl hid behind the bar.
    It was delicious but I don't know what it was called. It was from a South American country.
    Lots of flavor. I'm hoping one of you dicks posts a picture of it so I can remember it and track it down.
    Hey, check this out!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsqW6byqotE
    There's a place in Portland, Maine called Rock Lobster. It's like a tee-shirt souvenir type shop on appearance, but they are all-in on their love and commitment to hot sauces.

    They know their stuff, and melted my face off at their "tasting bar". If you are in Boston, then you should try to hit this place up if you are ever up the coast a bit further.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Yeah!

    Used to live right over by there. Probably ate there 3-5 times a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Redbones really went downhill the past few years... And their beer prices are WAY out of control now.

    Only thing consistent is the catfish. They get them live from Mississippi or something. The Catfingers are great.

    Especially with whatever hot sauce the girl used to hide for me.
    Totally agree, it's never really impressed me much. I prefer Blue Ribbon BBQ, but the Boston area is lacking good BBQ in general. You really have to go out of your way to find anything decent.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,338
    Most hot sauces are flavored vinegar. Frank's, to which I'm pretty loyal, is no exception. Sriracha, on the other hand, is facking delicious and I put it on everything. Even made grilled honey sriracha wings over the weekend.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Redbones really went downhill the past few years... And their beer prices are WAY out of control now.
    He got bought out. Back in the day when he first started it was teh bomb.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    He got bought out. Back in the day when he first started it was teh bomb.
    I don't know how long ago "back in the day" was, but I first tried it like 7-8 years ago and it sucked. Sucks more now though.

  10. #10
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Most hot sauces are flavored vinegar. Frank's, to which I'm pretty loyal, is no exception. Sriracha, on the other hand, is facking delicious and I put it on everything. Even made grilled honey sriracha wings over the weekend.
    You'll tire of it; I had the same love affair. Actually the whole family did.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m17_gI7qweU

  11. #11
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,853
    On the other hand; I cannot get enough Hunan food. I use Srirancha, oyster sause, crushed red pepper, black peeper and a bit of smoke or sesame flavor....I get close. But the best places have this "hot sauce debris" that is insanely hot and tastes great. Hot and Sour beef is made with vnegar; it's like flank steak made with potsticker flavors - so good; so hard on a man.

  12. #12
    had a contest with a buddy 2 years ago who could eat a ghost chilli and not freak the **** out the longest...fresh, one bite, to the stem...wasnt as bad as i expected.







    until later.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Most hot sauces are flavored vinegar. Frank's, to which I'm pretty loyal, is no exception. Sriracha, on the other hand, is facking delicious and I put it on everything. Even made grilled honey sriracha wings over the weekend.
    Marie Sharpe's Belizean-Style hot sauce. Excellent kick. Belize hot sauces use a carrot base whicjh makes the sauce orange and give it a sweet flavor--so it's not just hot...it actually tastes good.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,117
    I have something to put the fire out.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I don't know how long ago "back in the day" was, but I first tried it like 7-8 years ago and it sucked. Sucks more now though.
    Maybe next time you go it will even suck more.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Marie Sharpe's Belizean-Style hot sauce. Excellent kick. Belize hot sauces use a carrot base whicjh makes the sauce orange and give it a sweet flavor--so it's not just hot...it actually tastes good.
    DAMM!!! This MAY be onto something! That was definitely a characteristic of the sauce I had like 8 years ago... and had that color

    I'm almost certain it wasn't from Belize, but it had a sweetnees with a LOT of flavor to it.
    I think it was a habenero sauce but who knows...

    And makes perfect sense about the owner being bought out. They really took a nosedive after that!

    Used to be one of my favorite places in the Somerville/Medford/Cambridge area!

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,526


    By far the best hot sauce I've ever tasted.

    Not so hot that it burns the hell out of your mouth, but much hotter than the Franks, Texas Pete's, etc that I find more tangy than hot.

  18. #18
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,853
    I don't use a lot of real habanero sauces; that's major league pitching. I watch those pro hot sauce freaks from a safe distance.

    Dying to try something blistering that's delicious.


    uh oh

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,783
    A hot sauce once told Fatcesser that Tortorella had been fired before anyone else knew.

  20. #20
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    A hot sauce once told Fatcesser that Tortorella had been fired before anyone else knew.
    waiting for this

    thanks mike

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us