Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets fans are due for some good luck

Jets fans are due for some good luck

Maybe, just maybe, this 2013 draft could be the draft that helps fix the infrastructure that has deteriorated over the last 2 years.

While players like Moore, Pouha, Scott, Thomas, have finally been put to pasture, we have young guys looking to succeed them.

During and after this draft, I did my best to read & listen to as many supposed experts as possible.
    The facts are that we came away with the consensus best QB in the draft, forget that he dropped to the 2nd round.
    We got the consensus number 1 cornerback to replace Revis, while obviously the best CB in football also was a guy only concerned about being paid like a top QB.

We got Richardson, who many including the well respected Gil Brandt that thought he was the best Dlineman available in this draft.
    On top of that we ended up with Winters, the 3rd best rated guard in the entire country, who didn't have the benefit of playing on a team loaded with top players, and made a name for himself at Kent state.

Will we get lucky? I hope so, we all deserve it after having to endure 2012. Though our fan base is filled with negative energy, I still think our fan base is one of the best around, we are all just waiting for some consistency.
    We have had great years, but most of those were after free agent binges, loading up with other teams draft picks.

My hope is that with Idzik, we have the chance to build through the draft, i think hes off to a great start. 2013 is just a preview, none of us expect a playoff spot.
    With a little luck, we could look like team on the upswing with a future that doesn't fizzle out & end in a rebuild every 4th year.

All League
    I think the 2012 draft will turn out to be great. Stephen Hill is the key, but I think he will breakout the 2nd half this yr. If Drops are his biggest problem, we should be in good shape

Hall Of Fame
    A change in our luck would be if the Rugby playing TE pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, this 2013 draft could be the draft that helps fix the infrastructure that has deteriorated over the last 2 years.

While players like Moore, Pouha, Scott, Thomas, have finally been put to pasture, we have young guys looking to succeed them.

During and after this draft, I did my best to read & listen to as many supposed experts as possible.
    The facts are that we came away with the consensus best QB in the draft, forget that he dropped to the 2nd round.
    We got the consensus number 1 cornerback to replace Revis, while obviously the best CB in football also was a guy only concerned about being paid like a top QB.

We got Richardson, who many including the well respected Gil Brandt that thought he was the best Dlineman available in this draft.
    On top of that we ended up with Winters, the 3rd best rated guard in the entire country, who didn't have the benefit of playing on a team loaded with top players, and made a name for himself at Kent state.

Will we get lucky? I hope so, we all deserve it after having to endure 2012. Though our fan base is filled with negative energy, I still think our fan base is one of the best around, we are all just waiting for some consistency.
    We have had great years, but most of those were after free agent binges, loading up with other teams draft picks.

My hope is that with Idzik, we have the chance to build through the draft, i think hes off to a great start. 2013 is just a preview, none of us expect a playoff spot.
    With a little luck, we could look like team on the upswing with a future that doesn't fizzle out & end in a rebuild every 4th year.
    Yes..LUCK. Thats exactly what we've been missing the last 2 years.

luck would be Geno developing into a top 10 QB. thats what kind of luck we need

Oh, for crying out loud will you please stop with this nonsense?

Being a good football has NOTHING to do with luck. It's about hiring competent people, assembling a team, perservering in the face of an injury bug, etc. Good HC's overcome obstacles of that nature.

BB has been successful for the last 13 or so seasons not making any excuses for himself or his team.

So please..I'm not trying to insult you here, but enough Stuart Smalley Saturday Night Live emotional sh*t.

This team will man up and start to win games and eventually win a SB when they get the right FO, GM, and CS assembled. When they start working like a team. When they start drafting as good or better than other teams.

It isn't about some stupid emotional feeling that says, "The Jets have had pretty bad luck for last few years. So they are now ENTITLED to some good luck".

I have to admitt I actually feel pretty good about this season. As a glass half full type guy I could us winning 9 games strong finish to the season. I like Geno Smith alot and although he probably will not start the season I believe he will take over around game 4. I believe our running backs are going to be awesome this year! Chris Ivory could rush for 1400 yards if he remains healthy behind this revamped oline. Our skill players are young and fast. If hill can show anything this year in the shape of running better routes he will be a better player and when a qb can put the ball where it needs to be he will catch the ball better. Everyone I think loves kerley as a slot reciever. Our number one though mr.holmes is the one im really down on. His injuries compound with his attitude is what makes me wants him to not come back this year. My ideal situation with involving him is to cut him and sign the beard but that wont't happen. Every year under rex our defense is always going to be fun to watch and with our new toys on d im excited to see that pass rush. Finally, special teams I am not concerned about most years it is a great strength of ours.

Like Daft Punk "Get Lucky"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Being a good football has NOTHING to do with luck. It's about hiring competent people, assembling a team, perservering in the face of an injury bug, etc. Good HC's overcome obstacles of that nature.

BB has been successful for the last 13 or so seasons not making any excuses for himself or his team.

So please..I'm not trying to insult you here, but enough Stuart Smalley Saturday Night Live emotional sh*t.

This team will man up and start to win games and eventually win a SB when they get the right FO, GM, and CS assembled. When they start working like a team. When they start drafting as good or better than other teams.

It isn't about some stupid emotional feeling that says, "The Jets have had pretty bad luck for last few years. So they are now ENTITLED to some good luck".
    Well I disagree with some of that.

Some teams luck out by drafting a HOF QB in the sixth round. Other teams have bad luck to have their top picks suffer freakish injuries.

I am certainly not arguing with the idea that a well run organization will operate in a manner which maximizes opportunities to receive good luck and avoid bad luck but there is no doubt that luck is also involved.

On the other hand a common gambling axiom is that the dice do not remember. So the idea that a sequence of bad luck implies that good luck is around the corner has no basis is probability theory.

it all comes down to the QB position, with a good QB we are a 10-6 team, with a decent QB we are an 8-8 team, with a bad QB we are a 5-11 team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    luck would be Geno developing into a top 10 QB. thats what kind of luck we need
    luck would be Smith developing into an NFL quarterback, something we haven't had around here for at least the last two seasons.

Or Simms or McElroy

I agree with this completely, but with that said the OP was paved with good intentions and crapping all over it seems pretty harsh.

Give him a break. We're coming off the 2012 season.

I like his optimism a lot more than I like the posts of those of us who are doubling down on failure (supporting Rex)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I agree with this completely, but with that said the OP was paved with good intentions and crapping all over it seems pretty harsh.

I like his optimism a lot more than I like the posts of those of us who are doubling down on failure (supporting Rex)
    It was called a dose of reality. I wasn't being harsh in the least bit. What I stated was fact. If the OP wants to live in LA LA land, that's his prerogative. My choice is to live in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

You're also way the hell off in your comment about Rex Ryan. RR is the best HC the Jets have had since Bill Parcells.

He'll also get a contract extension likely this season. Woody Johnson knew better than to fire a good HC. He knows a good HC when he sees one. So do I.

I would suggest you stop living in the same world the OP is.

A change in luck for the Jets is the entire New England Patriot roster to have uncontrollable diarrhea both times the Jets play them.

All League

The Patriots would have won zero SBs without Brady. They took Brady in round 6, not round 1 or 2. I'd say there was some luck

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    The Patriots would have won zero SBs without Brady. They took Brady in round 6, not round 1 or 2. I'd say there was some luck
    Good cameramen. Goodell. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Good cameramen. Goodell. Good luck.
    CHEATING

CHEATING
    I didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I didn't say that.

I know you didn't. I DID.

Love the positivity but its quite a bold statement after 44 years without any.