Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Kris Jenkins about being a football player

  1. #1

    Kris Jenkins about being a football player

    "Here is the secret about football. If you don't play it with all your energy then you don't have time for too much else. That might even mean talking. Its way too physical there is no gun. So you have to fight, it is PRISON RULES. Now if you know what that means then you understand why football is so tough. See inmates have little control on what goes on outside the prison, unless they have help. Same with football, the inmates need a different kind of help. After time served they are free to go."




  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Kill or be killed, no sH*t.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,561
    Prison - rape = football

    Textbook

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,076
    Kris played a total of 23 games out of 48 in his time with the Jets and made millions.. I'm sure inmates would jump at the chance to do that..

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    11,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Kris played a total of 23 games out of 48 in his time with the Jets and made millions.. I'm sure inmates would jump at the chance to do that..
    Yes he was injured but when he played he was as big a force on the field as I can remember playing in green outside of #24.

    Plenty of others have collected money for literally nothing so I am not sure why Kris Jenkins is a focus for you Savage.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Prison - rape = football

    Textbook
    Well, not always


  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,076
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Yes he was injured but when he played he was as big a force on the field as I can remember playing in green outside of #24.

    Plenty of others have collected money for literally nothing so I am not sure why Kris Jenkins is a focus for you Savage.
    One of my favorite players when he was healthy it's the comparing football to prison I take issue with as anyone with reading skills could figure out..

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Yes he was injured but when he played he was as big a force on the field as I can remember playing in green outside of #24.

    Plenty of others have collected money for literally nothing so I am not sure why Kris Jenkins is a focus for you Savage.
    This.

  9. #9
    That guy was an absolute f*cking animal when he was healthy. If he could have stayed healthy for his career? I think he would have had a larger impact than Revis ever could have.

    We could only be so lucky to get a player of his caliber. And if we do sometime soon? I'm requesting that the Jets FO move heaven and earth to keep him on this team for his entire career.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    One of my favorite players when he was healthy it's the comparing football to prison I take issue with as anyone with reading skills could figure out..
    No, you specifically referenced how many games he played while here, tying your disdain to his level of contribution... you weren't griping about the bad prison analogy. If that was your intent, you should have written it that way. Don't backpedal and blame others for a lack of reading skills, when you failed to communicate effectively.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,076
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    No, you specifically referenced how many games he played while here, tying your disdain to his level of contribution... you weren't griping about the bad prison analogy. If that was your intent, you should have written it that way. Don't backpedal and blame others for a lack of reading skills, when you failed to communicate effectively.
    Ok and Adrian Peterson compared Football to slavery do I have to explain that one also?? The point was inmates don't get paid huge salaries even when their hurt or healthy that's why I posted it that way.. And as I said Jenks was a hell of a player when he was well.. One of the best D players the jets ever had..

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,561
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    No, you specifically referenced how many games he played while here, tying your disdain to his level of contribution... you weren't griping about the bad prison analogy. If that was your intent, you should have written it that way. Don't backpedal and blame others for a lack of reading skills, when you failed to communicate effectively.
    I don't understand.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,714
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    "Here is the secret about football. If you don't play it with all your energy then you don't have time for too much else. That might even mean talking. Its way too physical there is no gun. So you have to fight, it is PRISON RULES. Now if you know what that means then you understand why football is so tough. See inmates have little control on what goes on outside the prison, unless they have help. Same with football, the inmates need a different kind of help. After time served they are free to go."



    "If you don't play it with all your energy then you don't have time for anything else... It's way too physical there is no gun."

    Now I know why he's not exactly making it as a broadcaster. Just another loudmouth with rocks for brains.

    English, mother****er. Do you speak it?

  14. #14
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,341
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    No, you specifically referenced how many games he played while here, tying your disdain to his level of contribution... you weren't griping about the bad prison analogy. If that was your intent, you should have written it that way. Don't backpedal and blame others for a lack of reading skills, when you failed to communicate effectively.


    Bad form, Cowboy.

  15. #15
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    "If you don't play it with all your energy then you don't have time for anything else... It's way too physical there is no gun."

    Now I know why he's not exactly making it as a broadcaster. Just another loudmouth with rocks for brains.

    English, mother****er. Do you speak it?
    "If you * play it with all your energy then you don't have time for anything else... It's way too physical there is no gun."

    Too bad he's not playing because I'm worn out from his talking.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,076
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    "If you * play it with all your energy then you don't have time for anything else... It's way too physical there is no gun."

    Too bad he's not playing because I'm worn out from his talking.
    Namath always found time for other things as did most other players in their long 5 month work year.. Ok make it 6 considering most players get a bonus for working out off season when not playing Golf or whatever they feel like doing..

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,244
    Wow. That is an amazing picture. THAT is how you beat a double-team. And one of those guys is the best blocking FB in NFL history. Think I might have to get that one made up in hopes of getting it signed by him one day.

    I miss big Jenks. When he was healthy he was a dominant player. Shame his body betrayed him.

    I don't like when people equate him to other players that made millions and under-performed. Jenks had legitimate injuries and he worked his a$$ off to get back on the field after his first ACL with the Jets.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,076
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wow. That is an amazing picture. THAT is how you beat a double-team. And one of those guys is the best blocking FB in NFL history. Think I might have to get that one made up in hopes of getting it signed by him one day.

    I miss big Jenks. When he was healthy he was a dominant player. Shame his body betrayed him.

    I don't like when people equate him to other players that made millions and under-performed. Jenks had legitimate injuries and he worked his a$$ off to get back on the field after his first ACL with the Jets.
    I didn't do that I simply said comparing football to prison isn't a fair comparison neither was Peterson's comparing football to slavery.. Why do I bother some just see what they want to even though I said Jenks was one of the best Jet D players when healthy EVER.. BTW if one wants to compare football to something I would think the Military would be a better choice since the military has a boot camp(like training camp) plus military terms are also used in football the bomb,formation,blitz,red zone etc

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Yes he was injured but when he played he was as big a force on the field as I can remember playing in green outside of #24.
    +1
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 06-18-2013 at 01:12 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    "Here is the secret about football. If you don't play it with all your energy then you don't have time for too much else. That might even mean talking. Its way too physical there is no gun. So you have to fight, it is PRISON RULES. Now if you know what that means then you understand why football is so tough. See inmates have little control on what goes on outside the prison, unless they have help. Same with football, the inmates need a different kind of help. After time served they are free to go."



    Do any of you actually remember that game? If my memory serves me correctly, that was Rex Ryan's first game as a HC. Mark Sanchez's first game as a pro. First game of the 2009 season.

    The ONLY points the Texans scored was on pick 6 by Mark Sanchez.

    Jenkins in particular played one of the best games I have ever seen a NT play. He was on fire. I still think back to that moment when Phil Simms was replaying a 4th quarter running play. He said, "OH KRIS JENKINS!!". He said "That looked like Reggie White in his hayday".

    On the play that I am thinking of, Jenks got singled up with the Texans center. He made one straight up push and blew the Center right AIR BORN.

    He absolutely annihilated and OWNED the Texans OL that day. Truly a performance that any football fan could forever hold in high regard.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us