Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin Mawae getting OWNED by Jenkins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjjfuUDDDJA

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Kevin Mawae getting OWNED by Jenkins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjjfuUDDDJA
    Yeah and he blows Mawae off the ball WITH A BAD KNEE! LOL!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Do any of you actually remember that game? If my memory serves me correctly, that was Rex Ryan's first game as a HC. Mark Sanchez's first game as a pro. First game of the 2009 season.

The ONLY points the Texans scored was on pick 6 by Mark Sanchez.

Jenkins in particular played one of the best games I have ever seen a NT play. He was on fire. I still think back to that moment when Phil Simms was replaying a 4th quarter running play. He said, "OH KRIS JENKINS!!". He said "That looked like Reggie White in his hayday".

On the play that I am thinking of, Jenks got singled up with the Texans center. He made one straight up push and blew the Center right AIR BORN.

He absolutely annihilated and OWNED the Texans OL that day. Truly a performance that any football fan could forever hold in high regard.
    Game definitely looked like the start of something big. Great defense, good running game, Sanchez converting 3rd downs...it was all there.

As for Jenkins, it's funny that the team barely missed him for either '09 and '10 during the playoff run...but I can't help but wonder if the Pittsburgh game goes differently if Jenks was able to suit up. Oh well.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pic of Big Jenk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Game definitely looked like the start of something big. Great defense, good running game, Sanchez converting 3rd downs...it was all there.

As for Jenkins, it's funny that the team barely missed him for either '09 and '10 during the playoff run...but I can't help but wonder if the Pittsburgh game goes differently if Jenks was able to suit up. Oh well.
    And you know what? I think we don't give Rex Ryan enough credit for compensating for the loss of a monster defensive player like Jenkins... You lose a Kris Jenkins and STILL wind up going to the AFCCG??? TWICE???

Rex Ryan deserves major credit for that. For all the jokes made about him, he really is quite a fine defensive coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy was a HOF type talent. Downright unblockable when he was healthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I didn't do that I simply said comparing football to prison isn't a fair comparison neither was Peterson's comparing football to slavery.. Why do I bother some just see what they want to even though I said Jenks was one of the best Jet D players when healthy EVER.. BTW if one wants to compare football to something I would think the Military would be a better choice since the military has a boot camp(like training camp) plus military terms are also used in football the bomb,formation,blitz,red zone etc
    I wasn't trying to single you out. Your first post reminded me of other posts where people have bashed Jenkins for signing a big contract and getting hurt. That is all. Albeit brief, Jenkins played at an incredibly high level. I love Pouha and Devito but they could only dream of doing some of the things Jenks was capable of. Not to mention that it took the both of them to replace him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I wasn't trying to single you out. Your first post reminded me of other posts where people have bashed Jenkins for signing a big contract and getting hurt. That is all. Albeit brief, Jenkins played at an incredibly high level. I love Pouha and Devito but they could only dream of doing some of the things Jenks was capable of. Not to mention that it took the both of them to replace him.
    When he was healthy Big Jenks was my favorite Jet defensive player hands down.. The bash was based on his prison analogy meaning you don't get paid millions in prison when your hurt(Or when your not either).. Just like I think Peterson comparing football to slavery was beyond stupid.. Some people read into things and see what they want and then tell me what I meant.. If someone didn't understand all they had to do was ask..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    That guy was an absolute f*cking animal when he was healthy. If he could have stayed healthy for his career? I think he would have had a larger impact than Revis ever could have.

We could only be so lucky to get a player of his caliber. And if we do sometime soon? I'm requesting that the Jets FO move heaven and earth to keep him on this team for his entire career.
    Jets might have won a SB if he'd stayed healthy. We had a prime revis, OL was lights out dominant. Alas for what might have been.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When he was healthy Big Jenks was my favorite Jet defensive player hands down.. The bash was based on his prison analogy meaning you don't get paid millions in prison when your hurt(Or when your not either).. Just like I think Peterson comparing football to slavery was beyond stupid.. Some people read into things and see what they want and then tell me what I meant.. If someone didn't understand all they had to do was ask..
    I think the Prison analogy was referring to having to battle physically every single day.
    You have to fight to survive in prison and you have to do the same to be a great NFL player.
    He was by FAR the most dominant Jet I've ever seen.