Thread: GOODSON, IVORY HAVE POTENTIAL FOR JETS/ CUMBERLAND A BACK- UP AT BEST

Cool GOODSON, IVORY FOR JETS/ CUMBERLAND A BACK- UP AT BEST

as per rotoworld....

==Though blessed with versatility, starting-caliber talent, and some big-play ability, Goodson is among the NFL's most injury-prone backs. Powell is a plodder who shouldn't be guaranteed a roster spot. McKnight is a scatback at best.

I suspect the Jets will stick to a run-oriented offense if only because their passing-game personnel are so putrid. Sanchez wouldn't be on the roster if not for a guaranteed $8.5 million salary. Holmes is coming off a Lisfranc fracture and tends to play when he wants to play. Cumberland is a stiff, upright catch-first tight end lacking field-stretching ability. He's not a viable replacement for Dustin Keller. Kerley is a solid slot weapon and Hill is 22 years old with a high ceiling, but neither is a legitimate No. 1 receiver. It remains to be seen whether Holmes can (wants?) to be that guy.

2013 Breakout Candidate: Goodson. The Jets gave Goodson a nice contract -- $6.9 million over three years -- which suggests he's a big part of their plans. Goodson's breakout candidacy could take a hit if Ivory or an early-round rookie back were acquired, but for now he's penciled in as the starter. For his career, Goodson averages 4.51 yards per carry. If his health cooperates, Goodson will have no trouble running circles around Powell in training camp practices. If Ivory comes board, he would surpass Goodson as the Jets' top breakout candidate.

Cool GOODSON, IVORY HAVE POTENTIAL FOR JETS/ CUMBERLAND A BACK- UP AT BEST

as per rotoworld....

==Though blessed with versatility, starting-caliber talent, and some big-play ability, Goodson is among the NFL's most injury-prone backs. Powell is a plodder who shouldn't be guaranteed a roster spot. McKnight is a scatback at best.

I suspect the Jets will stick to a run-oriented offense if only because their passing-game personnel are so putrid. Sanchez wouldn't be on the roster if not for a guaranteed $8.5 million salary. Holmes is coming off a Lisfranc fracture and tends to play when he wants to play. Cumberland is a stiff, upright catch-first tight end lacking field-stretching ability. He's not a viable replacement for Dustin Keller. Kerley is a solid slot weapon and Hill is 22 years old with a high ceiling, but neither is a legitimate No. 1 receiver. It remains to be seen whether Holmes can (wants?) to be that guy.

2013 Breakout Candidate: Goodson. The Jets gave Goodson a nice contract -- $6.9 million over three years -- which suggests he's a big part of their plans. Goodson's breakout candidacy could take a hit if Ivory or an early-round rookie back were acquired, but for now he's penciled in as the starter. For his career, Goodson averages 4.51 yards per carry. If his health cooperates, Goodson will have no trouble running circles around Powell in training camp practices. If Ivory comes board, he would surpass Goodson as the Jets' top breakout candidate.

Why are you yelling?

Jets Insider VIP
    always a good idea to base a lot on rotoworld reports

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Why are you yelling?
    WHAT?

Jets Insider VIP
    YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    I'm looking forward to seeing what this stable of 'backs can do. I think there's some nice versatility here, and if we end up with multiple-back sets, I could imagine some real matchup headaches for opposing DCs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    as per rotoworld....

How long ago was this written, Rip Van Winkle? No mention that Ivory has been signed. No mention that Winslow has been signed...

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Why are you yelling?
    IT'S LIKE MSG -GIVES OLD MEAT HAPPY FLAVOR.

thatsahint®

Unhappy dog hit the caps lock

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    always a good idea to base a lot on rotoworld reports
    LOL-- just havin' some fun down here on the ranch.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Did your dog also hit the New Thread button twice? Because once wasn't enough?

Bewildered Beast
    awesome; my kind of dog.

EDIT: as my favorite J E T S fan, sg3, might say: Heavens to Merge-a-troid!
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-18-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    "...Goodson's breakout candidacy could take a hit if Ivory or an early-round rookie back were acquired..."
    Well, let's just see if we draft RB early or acquire Ivory.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Well, let's just see if we draft RB early or acquire Ivory.
    I have a feeling Eddie Lacy might drop all the way to the end of the 2nd round. Maybe the Jets can make a play for him if he drops?

I also think Goodson has potential. Word is, he does an excellent job of staying awake while on the interstate, so I'm expecting him to turn heads all offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Did your dog also hit the New Thread button twice? Because once wasn't enough?
    Put the owner in the doghouse!!