Page 111 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #2201
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA.
    And as I understand it, a cap his is only avoided if the NFL takes disciplinary action. IMO, they will even though AH has been released since technically nothing prevents AH from signing with another team. So, look for the NFL to suspend and the Pats to get Cap relief. Conspiracy theorists please note that this would be the proper thing for the NFL to do to let teams know that they should not hold on to players in situations like AH's based on concerns about cap hit consequences if they act before the NFL.

  2. #2202
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Serious, albeit bias and uninformed question, is it possible Goodell forgives the cap hit?
    No, why?

    You don't get that back.

  3. #2203
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    That was surprise me. I got the sense he was associated with those who did, and probably got involved after the fact, but I guess we'll find out.
    after the fact? Have you been paying attention at all? There are video/witness accounts that saw all 4 men together (AH, the victim, Lloyd, and 2 other AH homies), with only 3 of them returning to AH's residence.

    How is that "after the fact"? AH was, at a minimum, a witness to the murder, but based on the prosecution's actions today during and after the arrest, it is highly likely that AH will be charged with murder. Also, I believe AH rented a vehicle before the murder. Why? He was near his home, has plenty of his own vehicles... so why? So that no evidence would be found in his own car, maybe? Smells of premeditation.

  4. #2204
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    We're the classy patriots, we condone cheating by our head coach who by the way sleeps with married women, our owner preys on young, dumb women before his wife is even 6 feet under but a potential murderer, nope that's where we draw the line.

    Please put Deanpats fan and the other chowd trolls on suicide watch.
    Love it!

  5. #2205
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Looks like AH pulled the trigger. Yikes
    The Bill Belichick Way, the Patriot Way. It changes you.

  6. #2206
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Plus there's the OJ matter on whether they'll actually be able to get a guilty verdict.
    Take a break from your crazy talk; and that is not a suggestion.

    A young man died; show some respect.

  7. #2207
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    That would surprise me. I got the sense he was associated with those who did, and probably got involved after the fact, but I guess we'll find out.
    In other words you haven't paid any attention to whats been reported.

    His car, his house, AH being the one pursued, the Pats running him out of town, points to he probably got involved after the fact?

    OK

  8. #2208
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA.
    Dumb question, but does it all count agaisnt the cap?

  9. #2209
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    after the fact? Have you been paying attention at all? There are video/witness accounts that saw all 4 men together (AH, the victim, Lloyd, and 2 other AH homies), with only 3 of them returning to AH's residence.

    How is that "after the fact"? AH was, at a minimum, a witness to the murder, but based on the prosecution's actions today during and after the arrest, it is highly likely that AH will be charged with murder. Also, I believe AH rented a vehicle before the murder. Why? He was near his home, has plenty of his own vehicles... so why? So that no evidence would be found in his own car, maybe? Smells of premeditation.
    Guess I haven't been following the case that closely, cause that sounds worse. I was thinking he wouldn't be hit with the murder 1 charge, but sounds like its a lot worse than i was under the impression of.
    Last edited by Paradis; 06-26-2013 at 01:36 PM.

  10. #2210
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Take a break from your crazy talk; and that is not a suggestion.

    A young man died; show some respect.
    what are you talking about? I wasn't up to date on everything. I'm not showing any disrespect to anyone. I just said I'd be surprised if he was charged with murder. Sounds like I should be less surprised... sheesh.

  11. #2211
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    How are the resident "armchair legal defense and denial" team at patsfans.com taking this??

    Oh...never mind..he was released. ..

    Watch out for the wheels of that frontrunner bus, "Ahern"
    Is #hernandezisinnocent still trending on twitter?

  12. #2212
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Dumb question, but does it all count agaisnt the cap?
    I think it was 1.5M this year and 7.5M next year. Something like that

  13. #2213
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    If he does, the Jets should off Holmes and frame Sanchez for it.
    LOL, awesome.

  14. #2214
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time for AH to seek a deal and offer to flip on the Patriots higher ups.

  15. #2215
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    If he does, the Jets should off Holmes and frame Sanchez for it.
    Post of the decade.

  16. #2216
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Time for AH to seek a deal and offer to flip on the Patriots higher ups.
    I love how you think.

  17. #2217
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    3,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Live coverage.

    They keep saying live coverage of the arraignment - perhaps there will be cameras in the Courtroom?

    http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/New_E...n_murder_probe

  18. #2218
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought and I don't know if anyone else has brought it up.
    It seems this whole case has focused on AH, the other two men who were supposedly involved seemed to have dropped totally out of the picture at this point.

  19. #2219
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Just a thought and I don't know if anyone else has brought it up.
    It seems this whole case has focused on AH, the other two men who were supposedly involved seemed to have dropped totally out of the picture at this point.
    Probably because they sold out their friend AH. Lets face it, AH is willing to shoot a guy in the head in cold blood. They'll feel safer with him in jail.

  20. #2220
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,468
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hernandez has arrived at the district courthouse. People shouting "we love you Aaron"
    by antoinette antonio via twitter 1:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us