Page 13 of 169 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Your guess about him being cooperative differs 180 from publshed police reports of him being uncooperative and his lack of cooperation is what led to a search warrant, a contingent of LEOs arriving at his house and he and his male pal being hauled off to the police station for questions about a homocide..

Definitely points to "little or no involvement" DDNYpats....most definitely
    I have not been following this as closely as some of you so I could be wrong. I heard that he cooperated after consulting with his attorney. That is fair behavior in my book and that is what I based my opinion on.

Like I said, I am going to wait until we find out more before I crucify the kid. An innocent person is dead and I am not going to trivialize that by trying to spin every bit of info in an attempt to bash the Pats or keep score on how the media covers it. This is so much bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    You cooperate at your own risk. Anything you say WILL be used against you in a court of law. The police and the district attorney can spin anything you say any way they want in court, but if you say nothing they have nothing. You have the right not to EVER SAY ANYTHING, and that includes the entire process right up to the point of a jury's decision in court.
    From what little I've seen of the police, it appears that they will sometimes focus on the wrong person. They're only human and can sometimes rush to judgement. I would advise anyone to keep it zipped, guilty or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    you must be pretty unsuccessful or have no family (or desire for one) if you have no need for a lawyer.

Lawyers help with home purchases, Wills, Trusts, tax issues, setting up a business, etc.

aren't these all good things that a lawyer can do? having a trusted lawyer is an asset.
    Lawyers can and often do introduce folks to the joys of lubricant-free anal sex (receiving).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I think the phone thing was a joke...no?

Agree on your thoughts. When will these guys ever learn to keep the old friends at arm's length? Cant they still be friends without leeching off you?

Gotta wonder what was is the box though.
    Was the phone a joke?

I am getting my info on this from JI so I am at the mercy of you misfits.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I wonder what name he will re-register with this time?
    And if he spells it right?

Veteran
    The victim dated hernandez's sister. No mention of a rough break up or anything, but provides sort of interesting motive.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    The victim dated hernandez's sister. No mention of a rough break up or anything, but provides sort of interesting motive.
    He was dating the sister of Hernadez's girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    This is a murder investigation. Once again, a search of someone's home is NOT a good development. Just saying.....
    Depends on what they found. If nothing then the search is no big deal...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Since when has that ever stopped the media before...just ask Ryan Lanza.
    Or the 2 kids watching the Marathon...or the Duke Lacrosse team..or...
    Or Richard Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Since when has that ever stopped the media before...just ask Ryan Lanza.
    True, but the story is only 18 hours old. If/when something else big comes out soon that links Hernandez, the media WILL go to town on this. It's not like this story is being completely hidden right now.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-19-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    He was dating the sister of Hernadez's girlfriend
    He was dating boyfriend of Hernandez's girlfriend.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Was the phone a joke?

I am getting my info on this from JI so I am at the mercy of you misfits.
    AHA - how misfitting for you!

what

Or the 2 kids watching the Marathon...or the Duke Lacrosse team..or...
    Maybe the Redditors can figure out what was in that cardboard box!

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    Right, they could have found some stuff Hernandez has been looking for forever

Like the good scissors or a missing sock.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Well you live in Canada, totally different constitution, so I'm not sure what your rights are or aren't. In America the government has the obligation to prove it's case against you and it cannot force you to cooperate in your own conviction. They can ask questions of you, but they cannot force you to answer. You have no obligation to provide evidence that may be used to convict you. If the government thinks your guilty THEY MUST PROVE IT, and they must do it all by themselves, unless you decide to give them free information and evidence, which you would be foolish to do since you have the right not to provide it.
    Same constitution really; innocent until proven guilty. In some ways, we are stricter than American law! My point is, if you are innocent, tell them the truth. If you are hiding something, it only means the police are on the right track.
    I COMPLETELY disagree with this part of law BTW. To me, if you are in a criminal investigation, while you do not have to give the information freely, it should open your life up for this particular investigation, and, if evidence found, should be able to be used against you. How much evidence is thrown out of court, thanks to fast-talking lawyers, that puts guilty people on the street? Sorry, but I just do not buy into this idea that there are hundreds and hundreds of innocent people sitting in jail wrongfully convicted. That may have happened 100 years ago, but not now. And FTR, I don't buy into the idea that one innocent person behind jail is too many. Do mistakes happen? Yes, but I don't think that should mean criminals should get off at a much greater rate than innocent people land in jail.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    Not necessarily, it just means they didn't find what they were looking for. If they're looking for a murder weapon, not finding it doesn't make you innocent.

Kathy Curran ‏@KathyReports 21m
    Sources: Possible evidence linking Hernandez to victim, Odin Lloyd, in the hours before murder. #wcvb

Rut Roh

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Same constitution really; innocent until proven guilty. In some ways, we are stricter than American law! My point is, if you are innocent, tell them the truth. If you are hiding something, it only means the police are on the right track.
    I COMPLETELY disagree with this part of law BTW. To me, if you are in a criminal investigation, while you do not have to give the information freely, it should open your life up for this particular investigation, and, if evidence found, should be able to be used against you. How much evidence is thrown out of court, thanks to fast-talking lawyers, that puts guilty people on the street? Sorry, but I just do not buy into this idea that there are hundreds and hundreds of innocent people sitting in jail wrongfully convicted. That may have happened 100 years ago, but not now. And FTR, I don't buy into the idea that one innocent person behind jail is too many. Do mistakes happen? Yes, but I don't think that should mean criminals should get off at a much greater rate than innocent people land in jail.
    The idea behind it is it's better to let many, many guilty men go free than to put one innocent man away. I agree with that sentiment.

Would you want to be that innocent guy in jail?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    I assume you've lived to 45 because you learned from mistakes and you don't take stupid risks.

The truth is, the police want to solve a case. They don't give a crap about you and they presume that you did something wrong most of the time.

The fact is, as an American you have RIGHTS. You should exercise those rights to the FULL extent every time you can. If all of us just let the police search without a warrant of pull us over without probable cause, we are just one step away from "random in home/vehicle safety checks" and "Show me your papers."

It's not a conspiracy, it's just that rights die when they go unused. AH is innocent until proven guilty. But he does seem to have some level of involvement.
    Police want to solve the case, but police (a VAST majority anyway) also don't want to put the wrong guy behind bars. It doesn't solve anything for anybody. I have just as many rights as you do as an American, but I am not saying that. If I am TRULY innocent, I have no problem letting the police into my house. Lets say a dead body winds up on my front lawn. I don't bury it in the back yard and sterilize my house. I call the police, have them come out, and let them do what they have to do. I will answer any and all questions so justice can be served. BUT....if I am guilty, of course I am not going to make their job easy; its human instinct. But if I am guilty, and there is enough evidence to warrant further investigation, I do NOT believe evidence should be thrown out because a lawyer can fast-talk a judge. Evidence is evidence, cut and dry. The law is suppose to find the truth and justice, not be about who has the better lawyer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    INNOCENT people have nothing to hide.
    Actually, there are many innocent people behind bars unwillingly hiding the salami.

Lawyer up if your orbit crosses the path of any felony investigation. Then cooperate 100%.