Page 142 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Except the Pats didn't kill anyone. They hired a guy to play football games and on his own time he killed someone. If he worked at GM...what is their responsibility? If you want to say the Pats made a bad decision drafting him, sure fine. They took a risk on a 4th rounder with character issues. From a football viewpoint, you win some you lose some. Still not a bad pick. Got 4 good years out of him. Costs less than Gholston.

I never heard the Carolina Panthers blamed for Rae Carruth. Not once.
    When someone is sentenced for a crime, his sentence is higher if he has a criminal history than if he has none. One could argue that the patriots have a criminal history due to spy gate and they should be scrutinized at a much higher level than the panthers

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    When someone is sentenced for a crime, his sentence is higher if he has a criminal history than if he has none. One could argue that the patriots have a criminal history due to spy gate and they should be scrutinized at a much higher level than the panthers
    Scritinize all you want. There is still no responsibility on the part of an employer during the off hours of their employee.

Jets Insider VIP
    Scritinize all you want. There is still no responsibility on the part of an employer during the off hours of their employee.
    Define "responsibility" in this case.

Apparently, the NFL is investigating Hernandez for something he may have done during his off hours.

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post

and i suspect the vast majority of people watching espn know that AH was on the patriots.
    you miss the point. It's quite apparent that ESPN is doing everything in its power to disassociate Hernandez from the Pats, even though he likely murdered 2 people soon after getting his new contract and another 2 weeks ago, while he was still under the employ of Bill Belichick and the NE Patriots. It is VERY relevant to use Patriots in discussing the case. The obviously intentional omission of "NE Patriots" is a lame attempt to numb the news.

Veteran
    That depends. Do you mean criminal responsibility or moral responsibility?

I try not to scritinize, it gives me a headache.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What I've been noticing is the stark difference in treatment when a Patriot does something and a Jet does something. When it's us, the issue is that the Jets are a circus and a joke, etc. When a Patriot does something? Oh, well that's on the individual player. It's not at all the organization's problem.

Such hypocrisy, and everyone but Past fans see it.
    Apparently there is an inverse relationship between the severity of the crime and the scrutiny it receives from the media. A minor crime like a DUI will consume the media for days on end and they will bray about it non-stop, but a real crime, like a felony warrants barely a mention and the player's former team isn't even part of the picture anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Apparently there is an inverse relationship between the severity of the crime and the scrutiny it receives from the media. A minor crime like a DUI will consume the media for days on end and they will bray about it non-stop, but a real crime, like a felony warrants barely a mention and the player's former team isn't even part of the picture anymore.
    Yup. Pretty pathetic, actually. And, let me be clear: I'm not saying the Patriots org deserves to be critiqued for Hernandez' actions. What I'm pointing out, just in case the Past fans didn't get it, is the hypocrisy of ESPN and the like. If it's the Jets, they bring out the pitchforks and torches and try to throw the baby out with the bath water. However, if it's the Patriots, NAAAAAAAH! IT'S ALL ON THE PLAYER! HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MIGHTY PATRIOTS!

It's just so hypocritical to vilify the entire Jets org/team for the actions of one person while going out of their way to keep the Patriots name out of the AH talk. All I'm asking is that they play it even stevens.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I am on a plane right now flying back to LA. However, it's none of your business how I manage my time.

If, troll, you think that's going to get me not to post about the AH situation, think again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    you miss the point. It's quite apparent that ESPN is doing everything in its power to disassociate Hernandez from the Pats, even though he likely murdered 2 people soon after getting his new contract and another 2 weeks ago, while he was still under the employ of Bill Belichick and the NE Patriots. It is VERY relevant to use Patriots in discussing the case. The obviously intentional omission of "NE Patriots" is a lame attempt to numb the news.
    The last article I saw on espn had ex pat in the second paragraph.

How does it matter if they are discussing the case?

If they are discussing the patriots draft strategy or team sure.

Everyone watching espn knows he was on the patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    BTF,

Did I tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts? Damn you are good. That should shut the NE trolls up. Of course, they will still come with some other b/s.
    Thanks brother. Just keeping it real for our bandwagon contingent.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Probably true. But that still doesn't change the fact that ESPATS is working to separate AH from his NFL team of record.
    Not saying that ESPN doesn't treat the Pats differently than others, specifically us but seriously?

What would you guys who think this is wrong want ESPN to refer to him as? A Pat? He's not, he's been cut. I don't know how you call him a Pat.

It is funny that those who are complaining that ESPN doesn't report accurately want ESPN to play with facts here. He's not a Pat any more. Whats the difference, everyone knows he was a Pat player who murdered someone.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-28-2013 at 08:38 PM.

You two def should get a room.
    Appreciate the suggestion and if you could PM me your well practiced tips on to how to keep a ghey double life secret from a spouse, Ill keep them on file in case I ever decide to adopt that lifestyle.

Pats knew he was a gang banging POS thug when they signed him to a extension last summer.. It was ok with them because they are a scumbag dirty cheating organization and don't care as long as they win.. Can admire that In a way but they also have to accept the scumbag cheating POSs label as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Pats knew he was a gang banging POS thug when they signed him to a extension last summer.. It was ok with them because they are a scumbag dirty cheating organization and don't care as long as they win.. Can admire that In a way but they also have to accept the scumbag cheating POSs label as well..
    Agree 100%.

Pats/Kraft/Belli were victims of AH as much as anyone. These god-fearing stand up good-guys went out on a limb one too many times and got burned for it. The responsible thing to do is keep giving these troubled young men more chances and not let one bad egg ruin it for the rest. Pats should be commended for taking the riskier/harder road and not condemned for it. Here here to the Patriot way...we would all be better along for embracing it-not trashing it.

just getting ya'll ready for the inevitable ESPN spin....

LMAO.

Notice how the organization and its fans are doing their damn best to try and distance themselves from AH as if he never existed. What a circus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Appreciate the suggestion and if you could PM me your well practiced tips on to how to keep a ghey double life secret from a spouse, Ill keep them on file in case I ever decide to adopt that lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Pats/Kraft/Belli were victims of AH as much as anyone. These god-fearing stand up good-guys went out on a limb one too many times and got burned for it. The responsible thing to do is keep giving these troubled young men more chances and not let one bad egg ruin it for the rest. Pats should be commended for taking the riskier/harder road and not condemned for it. Here here to the Patriot way...we would all be better along for embracing it-not trashing it.

Thank Jeebus/Tebow they cut that P.O.S. Hernandez regardless of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

This made me lol.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    The last article I saw on espn had ex pat in the second paragraph.

How does it matter if they are discussing the case?

If they are discussing the patriots draft strategy or team sure.

Everyone watching espn knows he was on the patriots.
    if it was any other team, you know it would be in the headline, every sentence, not buried down in the second paragraph. And it wouldn't be 'ex' it would be 'former'. It doesn't matter what people know or don't know, that's not how editorial decisions are made. And they would be constantly going on and on about the team and their poor decision making, poor background checking, how poorly it reflects on the team, etc etc. NONE of that sinc it involves the Pats. NONE. They have an agenda, to help the Pats distance themselves from ever having anything to do with this murdering POS thug, and are following it.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 06-28-2013 at 09:14 PM.