Page 143 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    On CNN tonight, AH was called "Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez" to open the segment.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    On CNN tonight, AH was called "Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez" to open the segment.

LOL

Is that false or something?

A piece of sh*t is facing life behind bars and Brady has lost another top target.

That's good enough for me.

Some of you guys need to get over your Pats penis envy. It's a f*cking game for christs sake.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I can understand a non-sports news network saying that. To them, whatever it's Jags, Rams, Pats, Jets, etc. it just means NFL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I despise the Patriots on a molecular level. This story needs to be 24motherfkn7 on all channels with no breaks unless it's a newsflash that Belichick/Brady died of Aids.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not saying that ESPN doesn't treat the Pats differently than others, specifically us but seriously?

What would you guys who think this is wrong want ESPN to refer to him as? A Pat? He's not, he's been cut. I don't know how you call him a Pat.

It is funny that those who are complaining that ESPN doesn't report accurately want ESPN to play with facts here. He's not a Pat any more. Whats the difference, everyone knows he was a Pat player who murdered someone.
    Fair enough. Don't call him a Patriot, but as McGinley has pointed out, the subtext here is that AH is a bad guy, and the Pats have to answer zero questions and are not accountable for having a mass murdering gang member on their team, and then rewarding him with a new contract.

A timeline - On July 16, 2012 police found three shooting victims at the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street in Boston at 2:00 a.m. Two were dead: Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. Hernandez is accused of this crime.

He signs a 40 million dollar deal on August 27, 2012.

What in the world did Pats* security have to say about the desirability of signing this guy? Did they have no idea that he was at best a guy who had no connections with his teammates? That he hung around with thugs? No idea? This is a billion dollar corporation. The Pats* security isn't a couple of fat guys in ill fitting polyester uniforms driving around Gillette Stadium in an SUV emblazoned with "SECURITY" on the side. Former police detectives, former FBI, former Secret Service. That's who works for NFL team security details. Nothing set off their radar about AH's thug vibe?

RIIIIGGHHHHHT.

The Patriot Way in this case meant we'll keep a guy with tons of red flags on the roster, because he helps us win, and we'll resign him.

What did Belly know and when did he know it?
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 06-28-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    I despise the Patriots on a molecular level. This story needs to be 24motherfkn7 on all channels with no breaks unless it's a newsflash that Belichick/Brady died of Aids.
    That smell. That gasoline smell. Smells like . . . victory.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This says more bout you than he current situation.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Says I hate the Patriots and all their bullsh!t favoritism on ESPN/NFLN.

I can't wait for Brady to start throwing a couple picks and those drunk Chowdah heads to start chanting TEEEEE-BOOOOOWWWWWW.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Says I hate the Patriots and all their bullsh!t favoritism on ESPN/NFLN.

I can't wait for Brady to start throwing a couple picks and those drunk Chowdah heads to start chanting TEEEEE-BOOOOOWWWWWW.
    I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but this is just goofy.

Winning 3 Superbowls and being a 1st ballot HOFer lends you a helluva lot more leeway with fans than being a bottom tier QB who was along for the ride to two AFC Championship games.

Brady has already cemented himself as a Boston sports legend.

The only distraction that Tebow will provide is to maybe Belichick, who will undoubtedly be questioned every day about the prospect of Tebow playing TE.

That's where it ends and that's where it stays.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    if it was any other team, you know it would be in the headline, every sentence, not buried down in the second paragraph. And it wouldn't be 'ex' it would be 'former'. It doesn't matter what people know or don't know, that's not how editorial decisions are made. And they would be constantly going on and on about the team and their poor decision making, poor background checking, how poorly it reflects on the team, etc etc. NONE of that sinc it involves the Pats. NONE. They have an agenda, to help the Pats distance themselves from ever having anything to do with this murdering POS thug, and are following it.
    Buried i the second paragraph??

A little too much focus on the media here. Why do u care so much?

Up until a week ago it was a great pick. Now not so Much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the way you think. I'm going to be keeping my eye on you!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but this is just goofy.

Winning 3 Superbowls and being a 1st ballot HOFer lends you a helluva lot more leeway with fans than being a bottom tier QB who was along for the ride to two AFC Championship games.

Brady has already cemented himself as a Boston sports legend.

The only distraction that Tebow will provide is to maybe Belichick, who will undoubtedly be questioned every day about the prospect of Tebow playing TE.

That's where it ends and that's where it stays.
    Me thinks you're giving the Chow-duh heads too much credit while they're drinking their PBRs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me thinks you're giving the Chow-duh heads too much credit while they're drinking their PBRs.
    It just is what it is.

Nothing would please me more than seeing the Pats fall flat on their faces and for this entire offseason to turn into a doomsday scenario for them.

But as long as Brady is healthy and behind center, do I see it happening? Honestly? No, not really.

Hell, we might even be able to take a game from them as we did in '09/'10, but I still see them taking the division.

Have they been weakened? Abso-f*cking-lutely.

But has the plane crashed into the side of the mountain?

I don't see it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

We all thought they were royally dicked in the ass when Pollard wrecked Brady's knee a few years ago and they still won 11 games with Matt f*cking Cassell at QB.

Like I said, I'm hoping that they crash and burn. But I'm not hedging my bets on it.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 06-28-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, coming from a troll who spends most of his time on a rival's site when he's not choking his meat.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough. Don't call him a Patriot, but as McGinley has pointed out, the subtext here is that AH is a bad guy, and the Pats have to answer zero questions and are not accountable for having a mass murdering gang member on their team, and then rewarding him with a new contract.

A timeline - On July 16, 2012 police found three shooting victims at the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street in Boston at 2:00 a.m. Two were dead: Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. Hernandez is accused of this crime.

He signs a 40 million dollar deal on August 27, 2012.

What in the world did Pats* security have to say about the desirability of signing this guy? Did they have no idea that he was at best a guy who had no connections with his teammates? That he hung around with thugs? No idea? This is a billion dollar corporation. The Pats* security isn't a couple of fat guys in ill fitting polyester uniforms driving around Gillette Stadium in an SUV emblazoned with "SECURITY" on the side. Former police detectives, former FBI, former Secret Service. That's who works for NFL team security details. Nothing set off their radar about AH's thug vibe?

RIIIIGGHHHHHT.

The Patriot Way in this case meant we'll keep a guy with tons of red flags on the roster, because he helps us win, and we'll resign him.

What did Belly know and when did he know it?
    Come on, we all do it. We want the Pats to be knocked off their smug we do it better than you perch that we get p1ssed when every shot isn't a direct hit.

We were talking about an ex Pat player being referred to correctly as an ex Pats player. Everything else I agree with, the Pats knew full well and maybe when this hits the boring stage maybe someone will go after the Pats for ignoring every sign and looking towards the win column instead of integrity of the game etc.

I wouldn't hold my breath but we'll see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    looking towards the win column instead of integrity of the game etc.
    Are you serious? Show me the team that hasn't hired dirtbags at one time or another. Integrity of the game? What the hell does that mean? Don't stretch the rules? Don't hire dirtbags? Don't get druggies? Jeebuz H. Kriste, some of these cretans can barely put two words together but can 'graduate' from some college who teaches the 'integrity of the game'? That is the most laughable phrase going around fan bases these days.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Are you serious? Show me the team that hasn't hired dirtbags at one time or another. Integrity of the game? What the hell does that mean? Don't stretch the rules? Don't hire dirtbags? Don't get druggies? Jeebuz H. Kriste, some of these cretans can barely put two words together but can 'graduate' from some college who teaches the 'integrity of the game'? That is the most laughable phrase going around fan bases these days.
    What's laughable is lumping in a potential murderer with your run of the mill uneducated "thug". Wow.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 06-28-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Yeah, I'm serious. Only your team drafted a punk/thug who was much higher than 4th round talent.

Kind of says it right there doesn't it?

Integrity of the game? You know, you don't associate associate yourself with or your team with guys like AH. You don't turn your team into a murder mystery background.

Being stupid, not being able to put words together into a complete sentence is a far cry from drafting a gang member, murdering scumbag like AH. Just as it's one thing to draft a guy who is a R Moss or Chad J type another thing to draft a guy this bad, with the warning signs he gave off.

All to win nothing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now this picture gets a totally new meaning

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    AH is a scumbag who deserves what he gets, but you guys are dumb if you think his employer is responsible for him on his day off.
    But it's different with the Jets players?