Page 148 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #2941
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    What do you think anti-trust law is? In so far as the NFL has the exemption, Congress can regulate and get involved in matters that pertain to how the NFL conducts itself as a business (in a non-competitive industry)- including player benefits, player safety, and consumer protection with regard to the product that is put on the field (which was the attempted argument by Arlen Specter with Spygate). These are issues that affect the business of the NFL and I certainly don't see how a murder investigation fits in.

    THe only reason federal agency might get involved is the alleged intra-state nature of what occurred. However, there is zero to support the proposition that the Patriots would be involved in any way outside of your laughable theories such as "Hernandez was storing weapons at Gillete"
    Oh boy, why am I arguing with an idiot? I like how you changed your tune from your earlier post. Previously you said Congress can only investigate "consumer issues" regarding the NFL. I post a few stories regarding congressional investigations and the NFL and you are now singing a different tune. Signs of ignorance. But you are still wrong troll. As you can see from one of the stories posted, Congress has also weighed in (both Republicans and Democrats) on the nickname of one of the NFL's Member teams. Once again, "broad powers" to look into any matter pertaining to the NFL. Got it, dope?

    I know you have difficulty reading but as I said, depending on the facts that arise in the investigations will determine the outcome. Whether DOJ or congress gets invloved is yet to be determined. We don't have all the facts. We also don't know if any of AH's alleged crimes violated any federal laws, i.e., RICO statute as I posted the other day -- I suggest you go to the US Code and read up on Title 18, Chapters 95 and 96 to educate yourself so you don't continue to look like a fool.

  2. #2942
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Lol.

  3. #2943
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Bring on the NFL investigation, if you dare.

    Arlen Specter, RIP

  4. #2944
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Or he's pretending to be a lawyer when in fact he's just an ignorant, hate mongering dooshbag who has an IQ of a tin can. Just sayin'
    How many times is this guy gonna be let back in?

  5. #2945
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Oh boy, why am I arguing with an idiot? I like how you changed your tune from your earlier post. Previously you said Congress can only investigate "consumer issues" regarding the NFL. I post a few stories regarding congressional investigations and the NFL and you are now singing a different tune. Signs of ignorance. But you are still wrong troll. As you can see from one of the stories posted, Congress has also weighed in (both Republicans and Democrats) on the nickname of one of the NFL's Member teams. Once again, "broad powers" to look into any matter pertaining to the NFL. Got it, dope?

    I know you have difficulty reading but as I said, depending on the facts that arise in the investigations will determine the outcome. Whether DOJ or congress gets invloved is yet to be determined. We don't have all the facts. We also don't know if any of AH's alleged crimes violated any federal laws, i.e., RICO statute as I posted the other day -- I suggest you go to the US Code and read up on Title 18, Chapters 95 and 96 to educate yourself so you don't continue to look like a fool.
    The bottom line is that Congress can regulate the business of the NFL. Members of Congress "weighing in" and urging the Redskins to do something is actually an implicit acknowledgement that they don't have the authority to effectuate the change as a duly convened body. There is nothing commercial about this story. There is nothing that effects the business of the NFL, its labor relations, employee safety, or consumer relations.

    For whatever reason you continue to cloud the point I am making. I don't know or care whether Hernandez violated a federal law and conceded it's possible givien the intra-state nature of the facts as we know them. However, the suggestion that the Patriots are somehow criminally or civilly liable in any of this is flat out absurd- why don't you do us a favor and explain your theory of how the patriots are criminal or civil culpable.
    Last edited by scottyM; 06-30-2013 at 11:20 PM.

  6. #2946
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,333
    Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Or he's pretending to be a lawyer when in fact he's just an ignorant, hate mongering dooshbag who has an IQ of a tin can. Just sayin'
    How many times do you need to be banned before you get it?

    Why is it that those who complain the loudest about how dumb others are usually prove to all that they are among the dumbest here.

  7. #2947
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    How many times is this guy gonna be let back in?
    +1,000,000.

    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    The bottom line is that Congress can regulate the business of the NFL. Members of Congress "weighing in" and urging the Redskins to do something is actually an implicit acknowledgement that they don't have the authority to effectuate the change as a duly convened body. There is nothing commercial about this story. There is nothing that effects the business of the NFL, its labor relations, employee safety, or consumer relations.

    For whatever reason you continue to cloud the point I am making. I don't know or care whether Hernandez violated a federal laws and conceded it's possible giving the intra-state nature of the facts as we know them. However, the suggestion that the Patriots are somehow criminally or civilly liable in any of this is flat out absurd- why don't you do us a favor and explain your theory of how the patriots criminal or civil culpability.
    When you are in a hole, stop digging. You don't know what you are talking about and that is very obvious. From Congress only has the powers to investigate consumer issues to your recent posts. Please stop. Once again, including the nickname of a Member team, Congress has "broad powers" to look into any matter pertaining to the NFL. As one/two stories posted, the NFL DOES NOT want congressional investigations/hearings. But keep making it up as you go. Your misinformed opinion means absolutely nothing.

    Once again, I don't know what NE did or didn't do as it pertains to AH's illegal activities. Thus, the reason for the investigation. And you can bet, unlike Spygate, if any Member of the organization assisted in AH's criminal activities knowingly or not, bad news for your beloved Pats. Will it happen, who knows? Once again, it depends on the facts produced by the investigations on AH. The facts/evidence will determine the outcome not the desires of a NE fan or hopes of a rival fan. Cases like these that draw increase media scrutiny also gains the attention of Federal prosecutors.

  8. #2948
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Bring on the NFL investigation, if you dare.

    Arlen Specter, RIP
    Of course you want an NFL investigation so Goodell can destroy the evidence again.

  9. #2949
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    +1,000,000.



    When you are in a hole, stop digging. You don't know what you are talking about and that is very obvious. From Congress only has the powers to investigate consumer issues to your recent posts. Please stop. Once again, including the nickname of a Member team, Congress has "broad powers" to look into any matter pertaining to the NFL. As one/two stories posted, the NFL DOES NOT want congressional investigations/hearings. But keep making it up as you go. Your misinformed opinion means absolutely nothing.

    Once again, I don't know what NE did or didn't do as it pertains to AH's illegal activities. Thus, the reason for the investigation. And you can bet, unlike Spygate, if any Member of the organization assisted in AH's criminal activities knowingly or not, bad news for your beloved Pats. Will it happen, who knows? Once again, it depends on the facts produced by the investigations on AH. The facts/evidence will determine the outcome not the desires of a NE fan or hopes of a rival fan. Cases like these that draw increase media scrutiny also gains the attention of Federal prosecutors.
    Speaking of this, why do we have an obvious media blackout on something someone (sorry I can't recall who) posted about psychopath AH's little ride over to the stadium on the day after all of this broke? It was very strange for him to take that trip when he could just "work out" in his home gym.

    When was he out of the sight of everyone, and out of his own home? Inside of the dump better known as the Razor. Isn't it likely that he went there to GET RID OF THE GUN?
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 06-30-2013 at 11:37 PM.

  10. #2950
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Speaking of this, why do we have an obvious media blackout on something someone (sorry I can't recall who) posted about psychopath AH's little ride over to the stadium on the day after all of this broke. It was very strange for him to take that trip when he could just "work out" in his home gym.

    When was he out of the sight of everyone, and out of his own home? Inside of the dump better known as the Razor. Isn't it likely that he went there to GET RID OF THE GUN?


    Very good question. I find it strange that Ah's homes, property, vehicles, uncle's home, etc have been searched but not his locker at Gillette? Usually when law enforcement conducts a raid, as was the case with AH, the target/suspect's workplace is also searched.

    That being said, I am just guessing that the search warrant was limited in scope and did not include his locker. AH is dumb, no question. But even for him, disposing of the gun at Gillette Stadium would be stunningly stupid. Then again....it is AH we are talking about and "the Patriot Way."
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 06-30-2013 at 11:42 PM.

  11. #2951
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,333
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    The bottom line is that Congress can regulate the business of the NFL. Members of Congress "weighing in" and urging the Redskins to do something is actually an implicit acknowledgement that they don't have the authority to effectuate the change as a duly convened body. There is nothing commercial about this story. There is nothing that effects the business of the NFL, its labor relations, employee safety, or consumer relations.

    For whatever reason you continue to cloud the point I am making. I don't know or care whether Hernandez violated a federal law and conceded it's possible givien the intra-state nature of the facts as we know them. However, the suggestion that the Patriots are somehow criminally or civilly liable in any of this is flat out absurd- why don't you do us a favor and explain your theory of how the patriots are criminal or civil culpable.
    You know, when you're arguing with someone who obviously knows what he's talking about and is backing up his argument while you sound like you're in way over your head, its' sometimes smart to stfu instead of insisting that they are clueless.

  12. #2952
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,333
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Speaking of this, why do we have an obvious media blackout on something someone (sorry I can't recall who) posted about psychopath AH's little ride over to the stadium on the day after all of this broke? It was very strange for him to take that trip when he could just "work out" in his home gym.

    When was he out of the sight of everyone, and out of his own home? Inside of the dump better known as the Razor. Isn't it likely that he went there to GET RID OF THE GUN?
    And why did the Pats toss his ass out?

    What did they know?

  13. #2953
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    [/B]
    Very good question. I find it strange that Ah's homes, property, vehicles, uncle's home, etc have been searched but not his locker at Gillette? Usually when law enforcement conducts a raid, as was the case with AH, the target/suspect's workplace is also searched.

    That being said, I am just guessing that the search warrant was limited in scope and did not include his locker. AH is dumb, no question. But even for him, disposing of the gun at Gillette Stadium would be stunningly stupid. Then again....it is AH we are talking about and "the Patriot Way."
    Good post.

    There are cameras all over Gillette, surely. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he took the gun there and threw it away somewhere in the building or hid it expecting to be able to retrieve it later.

    But this is exactly my point about the Pats* loving press. Reporters other than Whitlock are so quick to separate NE from the monster mass murder AH that they don't even ask this obvious question.

  14. #2954
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You know, when you're arguing with someone who obviously knows what he's talking about and is backing up his argument while you sound like you're in way over your head, its' sometimes smart to stfu instead of insisting that they are clueless.
    Thanks JetNut.

    I certainly don't expect some of these NE trolls to have the legal acumen I do especially since I do this for a living. However, what angers me is their ignorance just because it involves their beloved Pats -- they are quick to dismiss any possible argument that may have legal jeopardy for their team. Last weeek, some of these same trolls said I was jumping to conclusions when AH's home was being searched. Any lawyer will tell you that is not a good development. We got into a legal debate before on Spygate and some, not all, NE trolls hurled allegations against former Senator Specter calling him unethical -- with no evidence to back up the statement. Guido,Grickhead, Vinny now Bob claimed Specter was brought up on Ethics charges which was a lie. I linked to the Senate Ethics Committee website to prove him wrong. In other words, these trolling clowns are fast and loose with the facts when it comes to the "Patriot Way.'

  15. #2955
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Good post.

    There are cameras all over Gillette, surely. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he took the gun there and threw it away somewhere in the building or hid it expecting to be able to retrieve it later.

    But this is exactly my point about the Pats* loving press. Reporters other than Whitlock are so quick to separate NE from the monster mass murder AH that they don't even ask this obvious question.
    BTF,

    This story is still developing. No way th media will be able to ignore this. Can you imagine if the investigations underway on AH reveals that he killed more people than what is already in the public domain? This story is like no other we have ever experienced. It's going to get interesting and well covered by the media. The "Patriot Way" is under the microscope and Goodell can't help Kraft out on this one.

  16. #2956
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,519
    espn reporting that aaron hernandez now being investigated for
    the disappearance of manti teo's girlfriend

  17. #2957
    You NE trolls are really stupid. You have your heads so far up your ahole it is not funny.

    I explained this to that ignorant , hate mongering dooshbag, ahole Vinny/Guido/Gronk (now Bob)previously. He's just a dumbass troll and cannot comprehend.

    Now, for those who are dumb enough to claim it is a waste of resources,

    you are in fact the moron I believe you to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    My point is made. Now the 3 idiots Batman, Scotty and Bob, Grickhead, Gronk/Vinny can provide us their uninformed opinions once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post

    However, I don't take kindly to you calling me an "idiot" especially when I know what I am talking about. .
    You have a lot of balls crying about being called a name. I have a hard time finding a post from you that isn't insulting someone. You wouldn't last two minutes on most boards.

  18. #2958
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    The bottom line is that Congress can regulate the business of the NFL. Members of Congress "weighing in" and urging the Redskins to do something is actually an implicit acknowledgement that they don't have the authority to effectuate the change as a duly convened body. There is nothing commercial about this story. There is nothing that effects the business of the NFL, its labor relations, employee safety, or consumer relations.

    For whatever reason you continue to cloud the point I am making. I don't know or care whether Hernandez violated a federal law and conceded it's possible givien the intra-state nature of the facts as we know them. However, the suggestion that the Patriots are somehow criminally or civilly liable in any of this is flat out absurd- why don't you do us a favor and explain your theory of how the patriots are criminal or civil culpable.

    Fixed

  19. #2959
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

    You have a lot of balls crying about being called a name. I have a hard time finding a post from you that isn't insulting someone. You wouldn't last two minutes on most boards.
    And you wouldn't last a second on other teams boards.
    Only goodness of the heart of board moderators allows slimy and miserable chowd trolls like you to post here.

  20. #2960
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Of course you want an NFL investigation so Goodell can destroy the evidence again.
    wake up.

    The NFL is a billion dollar business.

    You think Arlen Secter died of natural causes?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us