Page 158 of 169 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Well I'm not, but I've watched plenty of law and order, and I've got a hunnert bucks they got em in separate rooms tellin 'em "if the other guy talks first, OR the slug tests come back a match, you're fried" - then a somewhat attractive but nondescript female cop walks in fingering a manila envelope, and everyone starts singing...
    Lol

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ortiz said “other football players” used the Hernandez apartment

Posted by Mike Florio on July 10, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT

AP
    The affidavit that details Carlos Ortiz’s comments to police regarding the murder of Odin Lloyd touches on another important fact.

Ortiz told police about the separate apartment Aaron Hernandez kept, in the general vicinity of his $1.3 million home. In the affidavit, Ortiz is characterized as telling investigators “other football players” used the apartment.

Our buddy Tom Curran of CSN New England wonders whether these “other football players” could include Patriots players, who could be questioned about their possible use of the apartment, and their knowledge about the things that were stored there.

Given that police found ammunition in the apartment, things could get awkward quickly for the organization (or, as the case may be, more awkward) if one or more other members of the team knew about Hernandez possessing ammunition and, necessarily, guns.

That’s not to say that, if they knew, they should have told the team or anyone else about it. The point is that, if there’s any evidence players other than Hernandez knew about ammunition being stored at a previously unknown apartment, it’s just not a good look for the organization.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post

AP
    The affidavit that details Carlos Ortiz’s comments to police regarding the murder of Odin Lloyd touches on another important fact.

Ortiz told police about the separate apartment Aaron Hernandez kept, in the general vicinity of his $1.3 million home. In the affidavit, Ortiz is characterized as telling investigators “other football players” used the apartment.

Our buddy Tom Curran of CSN New England wonders whether these “other football players” could include Patriots players, who could be questioned about their possible use of the apartment, and their knowledge about the things that were stored there.

Given that police found ammunition in the apartment, things could get awkward quickly for the organization (or, as the case may be, more awkward) if one or more other members of the team knew about Hernandez possessing ammunition and, necessarily, guns.

That’s not to say that, if they knew, they should have told the team or anyone else about it. The point is that, if there’s any evidence players other than Hernandez knew about ammunition being stored at a previously unknown apartment, it’s just not a good look for the organization.
    The gift that keeps on giving

Wait until they find the murder weapon hidden under a pile of filthy hoodies at the Razor

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

AP

Lawyers on the board, what can the Grand Jury do with this information when it comes to compelling these "football players (read, Pats* players) to testify?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

AP

Talib & Denard.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Lawyers on the board, what can the Grand Jury do with this information when it comes to compelling these "football players (read, Pats* players) to testify?
    Of course, I am not a lawyer, but that's only because I don't want to be, so allow me to volunteer... the grand jury could subpoena them. The players could then take the 5th if they believe their testimony may incriminate them. The prosecution would then have the option of offering them immunity to compel their testimony, in which case they couldn't use the testimony against them (in the case of use immunity) or prosecute them for it at all (in the case of blanket immunity - I'm not sure which they'd be required to offer). They would do this if they wanted testimony against Hernandez. If they wanted to go after the other players, and the players took the 5th, they'd have to do without their testimony.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Of course, I am not a lawyer, but that's only because I don't want to be, so allow me to volunteer... the grand jury could subpoena them. The players could then take the 5th if they believe their testimony may incriminate them. The prosecution would then have the option of offering them immunity to compel their testimony, in which case they couldn't use the testimony against them (in the case of use immunity) or prosecute them for it at all (in the case of blanket immunity - I'm not sure which they'd be required to offer). They would do this if they wanted testimony against Hernandez. If they wanted to go after the other players, and the players took the 5th, they'd have to do without their testimony.
    EC, Thanks. Of course, AH apparently hung out with (and murdered in cold blood) at least one semi-pro player so perhaps these aren't NFL players he's referring to here.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I am a lawyer. If the .45 slugs match his Glock and/or someone rats, he is a goner.
    I agree about someone ratting that is a no brainer. but how many of those .45 cartridges are in circulation?

I would wager there are a lot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, you guys are slipping. Not sure why you didn't suggest the obvious player.

Hernandez is Brady's pimp and Brady prostitutes himself to gay athletes at Hernandez's apartment.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NFL players can take the 5th unless the prosecution agrees to grant them immunity. Once immunity is granted, the player can be forced to testify under threat of contempt charges.

The tricky part: immunity from prosecution doesn't mean that they are immune from NFL punishment.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NFL players can take the 5th unless the prosecution agrees to grant them immunity. Once immunity is granted, the player can be forced to testify under threat of contempt charges.

The tricky part: immunity from prosecution doesn't mean that they are immune from NFL punishment.
    What's the deal in these cases, do they have to grant blanket immunity, or only use immunity? I've seen both done and never understood which was required to defeat an invocation of the 5th.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    What's the deal in these cases, do they have to grant blanket immunity, or only use immunity? I've seen both done and never understood which was required to defeat an invocation of the 5th.
    Since I no longer handle criminal matters, I forgot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but unfortunately we have sh*t for brains pats fan as the NFL commisioner. Mike Goodson will probably miss half the season with a suspension for getting caught with weed and a pistol meanwhile Aaron hernandez probably would be able to sign with the Pats and play the next day if he was ever somehow acquitted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    George Zimmerman just gave Aaron Hernandez lots a hope!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

AP

Our buddy Tom Curran of CSN New England wonders whether these “other football players” could include Patriots players,
    Nah really??

I was thinking more like some CFL players from the Edmonton Eskimoes happened to be using Aaron Hernandez's coke den. There's no way the classy New England Patriots players would ever do such a thing. WFAN told me so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Like the Blacksox who won the trial but were banned from baseball..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Nah really??

I was thinking more like some CFL players from the Edmonton Eskimoes happened to be using Aaron Hernandez's coke den. There's no way the classy New England Patriots players would ever do such a thing. WFAN told me so.
    Every account I've heard so far about Hernandez' relationship with the team claims that he was a loner on the team and didn't spend time with any teammates off the field. The only player that has been hinted at as having some friendship with him is Brandon Spikes, due to their Florida connection. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a headcase like Spikes went over there, but I would surprised if like half the team were hanging out in some sh*tty little apt outside of Foxboro unless they were scoring something from AH.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Every account I've heard so far about Hernandez' relationship with the team claims that he was a loner on the team and didn't spend time with any teammates off the field. The only player that has been hinted at as having some friendship with him is Brandon Spikes, due to their Florida connection. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a headcase like Spikes went over there, but I would surprised if like half the team were hanging out in some sh*tty little apt outside of Foxboro unless they were scoring something from AH.
    It certainly will be interesting to see what is unearthed regarding the "football players" who visited AH's flop house.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It certainly will be interesting to see what is unearthed regarding the "football players" who visited AH's flop house.
    I agree, let's see what info is unearthed first. That stance is a lot more sensible than those who see that piece of information and claim, "OMG, the Pats are running a criminal ring and the players are hanging out there committing crimes all the time"

There are TONS of reasons to slam on the Pats right now. But taking blurbs of info and running wild with your imagination to take it to some higher unbelievable level just makes you look like a fool.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I agree, let's see what info is unearthed first. That stance is a lot more sensible than those who see that piece of information and claim, "OMG, the Pats are running a criminal ring and the players are hanging out there committing crimes all the time"
    Yep. The right to commit crime all the time in chowdland permanently reserved for Belicheat.