Page 22 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #421
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I guess there is where the NSA surveillance comes in handy. They know that Hernandez was driving around in a car with two other guys, at some point, and one of those guys was later found dead. I guess they know everybody who ever got into a car with anyone/
    Or people talking because they don't wanna take the 1st degree murder charge

  2. #422
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Or people talking because they don't wanna take the 1st degree murder charge
    Doood - you got the 420 post, braaaah!

  3. #423
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Doood - you got the 420 post, braaaah!
    HA! How bout that!

  4. #424
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Just call it philosophical differences then. You say cops aren't perfect? No, they certainly are not perfect. But since when is a criminal lawyer perfect?

    I believe in doing what is right. I don't commit immorals acts such as rape, murder, theft, etc. So I know I will never have a care or a worry about what the cops COULD do to me. That's called paranoia in my book.

    Just speak to them and do what is right. That allows them to do their job and get to the bottom of incidents. Because at the end of the day, I DO NOT want predators like that running around my neighborhood.

    And this whole idea that cops are unjust, crooked, lying, framing scumbags is nonsense in my book. Are their bad cops? Of course, as in any field there are good and bad.

    The majority, however, just want to do the right thing, they want to earn an honest wage, do their job to the best of their abilities (which doesn't involve framing people BTW), and go home. They WANT the streets of their neighborhood to be safe, just like I do. And they certainly have no interest in trying to pin crimes on innocent people.

    In my book, people that think that way, must have thought that OJ Simpson was innocent and had been FRAMED by the cops.
    Maine, you are an amazing ally of law enforcement (rare these days)..... and also 100% wrong.

    Cant be bothered to bloviate on it. YOu either get it or you dont.


  5. #425
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Ted Daniel ‏@TedDanielFOX25 11m

    LAW SOURCE: Aaron Hernandez was driver of a vehicle Odin LLoyd and 2 others in. Lloyd found dead one mile from Hernandez home.
    Once again, not a good development. To be very clear, I am not accusing Hernandez of murder; innocent until proven guilty.

    Having said that, he has serious legal issues developing. Law enforcement usually treats celebrity figures different from other possible targets/person of interest/suspect. Forensic evidence does not lie. Although the media in Boston is saying he is not a suspect, I am willing to bet he is a suspect/target of a very serious crime.

  6. #426
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    No, of course not.

    But it's a choice of the lesser of two evils.

    I would rather be a victim that doesn't get justice then be put in jail for a crime I didn't commit. And that decision, to me, isn't a tough one.
    Call it a philosophical difference then, because I would rather be a guy in jail than watching hundreds of criminals go free.

  7. #427
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Does anyone else realize how HORRIBLE this actually is now for the Pats* ???

    Assuming that tweet that he's "directly involved" is true, which it sure looks that way!
    If Hernandez is a murderer then even evaluating it in terms of its impact on football is beyond-words lame. Yet that seems to be how most people on this and other football boards are reacting to it.

    Of course, Ray Lewis committed murder and is going down as one of the greatest of all time.

  8. #428
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Accused of shooting friend in a seperate incident? Guy is a real scumbag who should be kicked out of the NFl tomorrow.. http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?s...on&src=desktop

  9. #429
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the very least , dude knew about a murder and didn't report it. He is f*cked.



    Mods, think this thread needs a new name...... Perhaps " IT'S TEBOW TIME!"

  10. #430
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Four people leave a bar and three people come home sounds like something out of a TV crime show.

    As for a criminal lawyer in a police investigation, Maine, I think that you are being a bit nave about what the police intentions are when they interview someone. Because of departmental pressures, many officers are under pressure to arrest a suspect rather than fact-find, thus "successfully" closing an investigation.

    A criminal lawyer is there for innocent witnesses to make sure they are not tricked into saying something that's not true. It's been proven time and again that innocent people have been coerced into saying incriminating things under police intimidation during police interviews. It happens throughout the country. Police lie during these interviews. That's their standard practice because they want to make people reveal things to them they normally wouldn't.

    And, no, this is not besmirching law enforcement. It's a form of checks-and-balance. Mind you, there's a difference between having a lawyer present (which is smart) and being uncooperative (which is dumb unless you're guilty, then you have no choice).

  11. #431
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    At the very least , dude knew about a murder and didn't report it. He is f*cked.
    He could be charged as accessory after the fact thought supposedly that doesn't exist anymore depends on the jurisdiction.

  12. #432
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully John Clayton avoids this and continues to tell me how the Patriots are going 16-0 next year with no Welker, Hernandez and Gronk.

  13. #433
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Ted Daniel ‏@TedDanielFOX25 11m

    LAW SOURCE: Aaron Hernandez was driver of a vehicle Odin LLoyd and 2 others in. Lloyd found dead one mile from Hernandez home.
    And now we know why Hernandez went straight to the lawyer. People with nothing to hide usually are very cooperative with the police, and don't immediately hide behind their attorney.

  14. #434
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    They almost cut their rapist star QB? Wow, what great guys.
    You know exactly what the deal is with that. The only reason he wasn't cut is because he is a QB.

    I'm sorry you need to go through my entire post, cut out one sentence, and focus on that. You miss the entire point, as usual.

  15. #435
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hopefully John Clayton avoids this and continues to tell me how the Patriots are going 16-0 next year with no Welker, Hernandez and Gronk.
    They have Amendola and Dobson. What can go wrong?

    Championship.

  16. #436
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if posted

    http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/226...led-a-homicide


    NORTH ATTLEBORO, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) Authorities returned to the sprawling North Attleboro home of Patriots' TE Aaron Hernandez Wednesday and searched the surrounding neighborhood and its streets as part of their homicide investigation, police said.

    Police confirmed Wednesday night that the body found near Hernandez's home Monday was that of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, of Dorchester. His death has been deemed a homicide.

    A law enforcement official tells FOX 25 Hernandez appears to be directly tied to the homicide which is why authorities executed a search warrant at his home Tuesday night. According to the same source, Hernandez, Lloyd, and two other men were at a bar in Boston the night of the homicide, and at some point, the four men left together in a car driven by Hernandez which was confirmed by a text Lloyd sent another friend, the source says.

    It is unclear where the car went or what happened during the ride, but according to the source only three men returned to Hernandez's home at the end of the night and Lloyd was not one of them.

    The source also says forensic evidence places a vehicle driven by Hernandez at one of the crime scenes in this case.

    Troopers returned to Hernandez's $1.3 million home Wednesday morning, but no one answered. Hernandez returned home during the early afternoon Wednesday, wearing a Patriots sweatshirt and a red hat and carrying what looked like a sports drink. He did not speak to a crowd of reporters staked out about 100 feet away.

    Later Wednesday, at least seven state troopers searched both sides of a road just off the street where Hernandez lives. The troopers also searched the industrial park where the body was found and within the Westwood Estates development. The officers used thin poles to pull back plants and search through undergrowth along the road.

    Among other items, police said they are searching for a silver mirror cover which is believed to have been broken off a vehicle and may be visible along a route of travel between Dorchester and North Attleboro.

    Police have also issued a "BOLO" or "be on the lookout" for a silver Chrysler 300 rental car with Rhode Island registration which may have a connection to the homicide.

    While the scene at Hernandez's home was active Wednesday, it pales in comparison to Tuesday's activity when authorities spent three hours inside the football player's home and came out carrying a large box.

    FOX 25 believes Hernandez may have hired a lawyer because a courier from Boston law firm Ropes & Gray delivered an envelope to the home Tuesday.

    According to Sports Illustrated, Hernandez was questioned Monday evening in connection with the death. While Hernandez is not believed to be a suspect, a 2013 Chevrolet Suburban rented in his name emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation. The vehicle was registered to Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

    Hernandez is represented by the Athletes First agency, which said it has no comment "on the Aaron Hernandez situation."

    Hernandez, a University of Florida Graduate and native of Bristol, Conn., was drafted by the Patriots in 2010. He had five touchdowns for the Pats during the 2012 season.

    If you have any information, please contact North Attleboro Police at (508) 695-1212 or Massachusetts State Police tip line at 1-866-SOLVE-07 (765-8307).



    Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/226...#ixzz2WkUsqzmY

  17. #437
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    At the very least , dude knew about a murder and didn't report it. He is f*cked.



    Mods, think this thread needs a new name...... Perhaps " IT'S TEBOW TIME!"
    Can you say accessory after the fact?

    I have to say though, Bellicheat has a pretty good handle on the media - I never heard a single report about Hernandez shooting some dude in the face (which he is apparently about to be sued for) until this recent murder he is apparently involved in surfaced.....

    Someone else here mentioned it and I will reiterate it - this Hernandez situation immediately reminded me of Ray Lewis.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-20-2013 at 05:59 AM.

  18. #438
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So, four men went out, one to be the murdered victim, and only 3 returned that night?

    And he's NOT believed to be a suspect?
    Last edited by John_0515; 06-20-2013 at 06:02 AM.

  19. #439
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    At the very least , dude knew about a murder and didn't report it. He is f*cked.



    Mods, think this thread needs a new name...... Perhaps " IT'S TEBOW TIME!"

    Agreed. From a news perspective, this is a tragedy- a 27yr old man was murdered, and the focus should be on catching the perps.

    As a football story, this hurts the Patriots, and that's a good thing. Just being honest...and I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way here.

  20. #440
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,081
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    So, four men went out, one to be the murdered victim, and only 3 returned that night?

    And he's NOT believed to be a suspect?
    Even though he is not officially named as a suspect yet, obviously the police know Hernandez is involved - otherwise, they would not have obtained a search warrant to search his house.

    I think it's only a matter of time before Hernandez is charged. What he is actually going to be charged with remains to be seen.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us