Page 24 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #461
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    This is what Maine has been saying all along....IF you are not involved, in any way shape or form, talk to the police, let them look, and they move on.
    But obviously, in AH's case, you MIGHT want a lawyer present, given the guy was murdered inches from your house, a vehicle in your name was present at the scene, you were seen with the deceased earlier blah blah blah.
    I've been on the investigation side of it, many times. I almost always knew if the person I was questioning was a suspect or witness. In both cases, I always skirted around referencing "lawyer" until Miranda was read.

    Give the wrong free info, and you're ****ed.

  2. #462
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well this looks really bad for him now. He is at least getting hit with obstruction and could be murder 1. The only scenario I see him walking here is if he was not the triggerman, didn't know what was going to happen, and he points the finger and gives details of what happened...and even then....

    What a total moron to continue to hang with people like this.

  3. #463
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    Well this looks really bad for him now. He is at least getting hit with obstruction and could be murder 1. The only scenario I see him walking here is if he was not the triggerman, didn't know what was going to happen, and he points the finger and gives details of what happened...and even then....

    What a total moron to continue to hang with people like this.
    If he knows who did it, and was any way involved, he should make a deal.

    Sounds to me like someone else is talking to the police.

    First one to cooperate gets the sweetest deal.

  4. #464
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Sure...it happens. So lets just get completely paranoid and think that rogue cop is out to get us. The same could be said about your point of view (about POSSIBLY being persuaded).
    Well Steve there is a rather huge difference in potential outcomes if I am wrong vs. if you are wrong.

  5. #465
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So now you see EVERYTHING has come full circle.

    He lawyered up because he was GUILTY of something and he knew it.

    Once again, for the cheap seats to hear...

    People who lawyer up only INVITE more scrutiny by the cops. If he had just told them what they wanted to know, and if he was in fact NOT GUILTY, the truth would have come out and everything would have been over by now.

    But instead, just like all you f*cking legal scholars, he lawyered up. All that did was make the cops KNOW they were on the right track.

    But go ahead and live in you dumb a$$ world of paranoia, and think that everyone is out to get you.

    But I've got news for you. If you are innocent and you stay away from trouble? NO ONE, including the cops would ever think you are important enough to go after.
    I agree with you to an extent..

    But I would say NOBODY should ever talk to the police without council..

    Especially in something serious as this..

    As suspicious as it looks a lawyer protects you because it is true that if police really want a conviction they can force you to say things and twist things..

    My personal opinion is it is not looking good for him.. But being rich he should have council.. Hell, even if he knows he did it he should have council..

    O.J. walked and they had all the evidence in the world to convict him.. But he had a brilliant team and the prosecution and detectives totally "F"d up that whole thing..

    The reason I think it looks bad for him is because since O.J. high profile cases have been done more carefully.. and they won't charge him unless they know they have him dead to rights..

    This is going to be a big deal for the NFL.. But moreso for the Pats... But if I had to handpick a team to go through it I couldn't pick a nicer classier one..

  6. #466
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    INNOCENT PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE


    In a perfect world it would be nice to be able to agree with you ...


    ... Unfortunately the world is not perfect :-(

  7. #467
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Confirms my suspicions when the story first broke the other night. No way would the police search is home without a warrant. With Hernandez involved, this case instantly becomes very high profile (remember the mistakes made during other high profile cases that led to acquittals). Could explain why SI continues to say he is not a suspect despite law enforcement's actions centering around Hernandez.
    You are right.. They always say that.. They might use person of interest..


    Even in the OJ case they never said he was a suspect.. The next thing you know he is charged and we had the exciting Bronco chase..


    The police won't call him a suspect.. They will just charge him if they feel they have evidence to convict him..

  8. #468
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Maine, you are an amazing ally of law enforcement (rare these days)..... and also 100% wrong.

    Cant be bothered to bloviate on it. YOu either get it or you dont.

    This. I've been practicing law for over 20 years and the number of good, honest police far outnumber the one's that think it is ok to lie if they believe you are guilty. But I'd never be willing to risk my welfare on the odds that the guy questioning me is one of the good guys.

  9. #469
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So now you see EVERYTHING has come full circle.

    He lawyered up because he was GUILTY of something and he knew it.

    Once again, for the cheap seats to hear...

    People who lawyer up only INVITE more scrutiny by the cops. If he had just told them what they wanted to know, and if he was in fact NOT GUILTY, the truth would have come out and everything would have been over by now.

    But instead, just like all you f*cking legal scholars, he lawyered up. All that did was make the cops KNOW they were on the right track.

    But go ahead and live in you dumb a$$ world of paranoia, and think that everyone is out to get you.

    But I've got news for you. If you are innocent and you stay away from trouble? NO ONE, including the cops would ever think you are important enough to go after.
    Dude, you're definetly from Maine. Where I'm from people get picked up for nothing. NOTHING. Most of the time when your arrested, you did something. But anyone who believes innocent people haven't done hard time are clueless. Always get a lawyer , and say nothing. And thats is from a guy who no record to this day, a couple of parking tickets

  10. #470
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of his posse shot the guy.

    Hernandez was there and they all ditched the body.

    Hernandez will sell out the shooter to avoid jail

    He'll be on the field opening day.

    Goodell will give him a big hug on the sidelines.

  11. #471
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Sure...it happens. So lets just get completely paranoid and think that rogue cop is out to get us. The same could be said about your point of view (about POSSIBLY being persuaded).
    The presumption of innocence doesn't mean you aren't guilty. It does mean that there was a basic understanding by the people who designed the system that the system inherently will violate the innocent. Apparently our system was developed by men who thought the innocent have a lot to lose.

    You think government institutions don't make mistakes intentionally or just through incompetence? There's a reason people have a basic distrust of large government institutions, they have generally earned that distrust.

    When going against the power of the State being represented gives you some level of protection against the inherent corruption and mismanagement that is embedded in it's institutions. That doesn't protect you from evidence that is legally obtained.

  12. #472
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is me just spit-balling, but from everything I read about the investigation and the victim, who by all accounts was a good guy -- not a gang member -- this is my theory of what happened.

    Lloyd, the victim, either was hanging with Hernandez and his homeys, or hooked up with them when out at a club. They were all driving in AH's car and one of the homeys decided to show his street cred by pulling out his gun and intimidating Lloyd. Lloyd either had a reaction that caused the homey to shoot him, or the gun accidentally when off. Lloyd is dead and his blood is now in AH's car. So, in a panic they ditch the body and the car.

    Once again, this is me just trying to piece together something that makes sense from the information that has been made public.

  13. #473
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So now you see EVERYTHING has come full circle.

    He lawyered up because he was GUILTY of something and he knew it.

    Once again, for the cheap seats to hear...

    People who lawyer up only INVITE more scrutiny by the cops. If he had just told them what they wanted to know, and if he was in fact NOT GUILTY, the truth would have come out and everything would have been over by now.

    But instead, just like all you f*cking legal scholars, he lawyered up. All that did was make the cops KNOW they were on the right track.

    But go ahead and live in you dumb a$$ world of paranoia, and think that everyone is out to get you.

    But I've got news for you. If you are innocent and you stay away from trouble? NO ONE, including the cops would ever think you are important enough to go after.
    Why the hostility. It doesn't enhance your point at all. You've got cops and lawyers on here telling you why that's a bad decision. You want to represent yourself? As the saying goes, you have a fool for a client.

  14. #474
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If he knows who did it, and was any way involved, he should make a deal.

    Sounds to me like someone else is talking to the police.

    First one to cooperate gets the sweetest deal.
    I agree, this is why based on what I see AH is in real trouble!

  15. #475
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we all lived in Mayberry, we wouldn't have to lawyer up.

    Our esteemed posters who are or were LEO advised us to get lawyers..what's that tell you?

    Anywho....onto my investigation notes:

    Gun found at scene is NOT the murder weapon. (Weird...must have been some panicking going on.)

    Police do not believe victim was killed at crime scene. (Then why dump it so close?????)

    Cops now searching the roadside and private yards (Hey watch it, I just mulched!) between crime scene and AH home. Distance is less than half mile.

    One of the homeboys cars was missing a mirror.

    Police have reached out to a number of surrounding communities about the missing mirror. (Mirror could have been knocked off during struggle at crime scene?)
    Last edited by FF2®; 06-20-2013 at 08:52 AM.

  16. #476
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Dude, you're definetly from Maine. Where I'm from people get picked up for nothing. NOTHING. Most of the time when your arrested, you did something. But anyone who believes innocent people haven't done hard time are clueless. Always get a lawyer , and say nothing. And thats is from a guy who no record to this day, a couple of parking tickets
    This 100%

    In today's climate you don't even know all of the laws you potentially could be guilty of!!

    For example are people aware of the fact that people are being convicted in the US with charges that are unread and never fully articulated to the defendant or trial counsel!!!!! (reference read "Three Felonies a Day")

    This isn't 1950 and Leave it to Beaver isn't onTV.

    Please when in trouble get counsel immediately.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 06-20-2013 at 08:59 AM.

  17. #477
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This is me just spit-balling, but from everything I read about the investigation and the victim, who by all accounts was a good guy -- not a gang member -- this is my theory of what happened.

    Lloyd, the victim, either was hanging with Hernandez and his homeys, or hooked up with them when out at a club. They were all driving in AH's car and one of the homeys decided to show his street cred by pulling out his gun and intimidating Lloyd. Lloyd either had a reaction that caused the homey to shoot him, or the gun accidentally when off. Lloyd is dead and his blood is now in AH's car. So, in a panic they ditch the body and the car.

    Once again, this is me just trying to piece together something that makes sense from the information that has been made public.
    Not bad Sonny but you need to add these facts to your scenario:

    "Lloyd was found dead in North Attleborough, a mile from the upscale neighborhood where Hernandez lives. Police came to Hernandez's house on Tuesday and left with a box, but it's not known if the NFL star was in any way involved in Lloyd's death. A report out of WBZ-TV in Boston indicated that Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend. Lloyd lived in his uncle's home in Dorchester, which is roughly 35 miles from where his body was found."

    Specifically, I'd love to know what the police took out of the house.

  18. #478
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This is me just spit-balling, but from everything I read about the investigation and the victim, who by all accounts was a good guy -- not a gang member -- this is my theory of what happened.

    Lloyd, the victim, either was hanging with Hernandez and his homeys, or hooked up with them when out at a club. They were all driving in AH's car and one of the homeys decided to show his street cred by pulling out his gun and intimidating Lloyd. Lloyd either had a reaction that caused the homey to shoot him, or the gun accidentally when off. Lloyd is dead and his blood is now in AH's car. So, in a panic they ditch the body and the car.

    Once again, this is me just trying to piece together something that makes sense from the information that has been made public.

    You need to get into the Zimmerman thread...

  19. #479
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my theory.

    Hernandez and BB were out in the hood bangin' with their homies and Lloyd, a wannabe NFL player approached the group to ask BB how he could get a tryout with the Patriots.

    BB then ripped off the mirror from a car and stabbed Lloyd through the eyeball killing him with a glass shard. The rest of the group then concocted the plan to shoot the dead body in a arm and out through the eyeball wound as a way to cover up the fatal injury and as a gesture of respect towards the Don of a rival criminal enterprise.

    Amirite?

  20. #480
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    One of his posse shot the guy.

    Hernandez was there and they all ditched the body.

    Hernandez will sell out the shooter to avoid jail

    He'll be on the field opening day.

    Goodell will give him a big hug on the sidelines.
    If there is any damning evidence, Goodell has probably destroyed it already.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us