Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 25 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 3377

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

  1. #481
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Not bad Sonny but you need to add these facts to your scenario:

    "Lloyd was found dead in North Attleborough, a mile from the upscale neighborhood where Hernandez lives. Police came to Hernandez's house on Tuesday and left with a box, but it's not known if the NFL star was in any way involved in Lloyd's death. A report out of WBZ-TV in Boston indicated that Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend. Lloyd lived in his uncle's home in Dorchester, which is roughly 35 miles from where his body was found."

    Specifically, I'd love to know what the police took out of the house.
    I suppose we will find out eventually, unless Goodell's tendrils reach even farther than we think.

  2. #482
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for anything, but has anyone noticed how quiet the chowder-heads (FF2 notwithstanding) are?

  3. #483
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    If there is any damning evidence, Goodell has probably destroyed it already after exonerating them based upon not looking at said evidence.
    Fixed

  4. #484
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Waxin
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And were ANY of these people CHARGED with a crime, tried for the crime? let alone convicted of the crime.

    WTF do you get this sense that LAWYERS got these people off? Please show where it says that.

    You advocate lawyering up because you want attention. Maybe you in some strange way, actually enjoys attention whether it be good or bad?

    Once again, my statement holds true..

    INNOCENT PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE
    Ok.
    At least 308 people say hello.
    http://www.innocenceproject.org/know/

  5. #485
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Not for anything, but has anyone noticed how quiet the chowder-heads (FF2 notwithstanding) are?
    Maybe they are Tebowing in silent prayer for Hernandez??

  6. #486
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Well Steve there is a rather huge difference in potential outcomes if I am wrong vs. if you are wrong.
    Yeah, we have hundreds of guilty people free to commit more crime.....sounds great.

  7. #487
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Maybe they are Tebowing in silent prayer for Hernandez??
    A friggin circus up there, I tell you...

  8. #488
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Ok.
    At least 308 people say hello.
    http://www.innocenceproject.org/know/
    Which proves more and more that policing is getting BETTER, not worse.
    It's not 1776 anymore. The world, in many ways, has come a long way. There is no advantage to nabbing the wrong guy. Wanna make things better? Stop all the BS about throwing evidence out when guilty people really ARE guilty, and then hold cops liable if in fact they do make wrongful convictions.
    Last edited by CanadaSteve; 06-20-2013 at 09:48 AM.

  9. #489
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Prior to the 2010 NFL draft, it was widely known that Aaron Hernandez had failed drug tests while at the University of Florida. That was apparently not the only reason the Patriots tight end fell to the fourth round. Some of Hernandez’s associates in his hometown of Bristol, Conn., were involved in gang activity, according to Sports Illustrated. Multiple NFL personnel sources and a law enforcement official told SI about the off-field concerns. Hernandez was removed from “a lot” of teams’ draft boards prior to being selected in the fourth round by New England, according to the SI report. Multiple former and current teammates vouched for Hernandez to SI, though, saying he has some minor maturity issues on the field, but that he is “a great kid at heart.” A former and current teammate told SI that Hernandez was “having some trouble with his past associates and was seeking distance from them.”

    too late
    But as we all know Belichick and the Patriot culture that he created to police itself will take care of AH or anyone else who tries to stray.

    Guess that crock of sh1t has been shattered.

  10. #490
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The presumption of innocence doesn't mean you aren't guilty. It does mean that there was a basic understanding by the people who designed the system that the system inherently will violate the innocent. Apparently our system was developed by men who thought the innocent have a lot to lose.

    You think government institutions don't make mistakes intentionally or just through incompetence? There's a reason people have a basic distrust of large government institutions, they have generally earned that distrust.

    When going against the power of the State being represented gives you some level of protection against the inherent corruption and mismanagement that is embedded in it's institutions. That doesn't protect you from evidence that is legally obtained.
    I am not disagreeing with any of you guys, okay? In AH's case, yes he should have a lawyer. But there are times you might be questioned when, in my opinion, its just not necessary to have a lawyer present.

    Where I have a big problem is, once you are named as a suspect, if evidence is found, there should be no way it is thrown out. I'm sorry, but pictures of who stabbing the victim (all hypothetical) should not get thrown out because the cop found them on the bathroom sink when he went in your washroom when he was questioning you. To me, its not justice when evidence can be thrown out because of slick lawer-ing.

  11. #491
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This. I've been practicing law for over 20 years and the number of good, honest police far outnumber the one's that think it is ok to lie if they believe you are guilty. But I'd never be willing to risk my welfare on the odds that the guy questioning me is one of the good guys.
    Why would you? What sense does it make to risk your life on the cop sitting in front of you who is under pressure to come up with a suspect? To not exercise you right to council?

    If exercising a right to council p1sses a cop off, thats a cop I wouldn't want to deal with without my lawyer present.

  12. #492
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Here's my theory.

    Hernandez and BB were out in the hood bangin' with their homies and Lloyd, a wannabe NFL player approached the group to ask BB how he could get a tryout with the Patriots.

    BB then ripped off the mirror from a car and stabbed Lloyd through the eyeball killing him with a glass shard. The rest of the group then concocted the plan to shoot the dead body in a arm and out through the eyeball wound as a way to cover up the fatal injury and as a gesture of respect towards the Don of a rival criminal enterprise.

    Amirite?
    They then killed James Gandofini to create a diversion.

  13. #493
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I am not disagreeing with any of you guys, okay? In AH's case, yes he should have a lawyer. But there are times you might be questioned when, in my opinion, its just not necessary to have a lawyer present.

    Where I have a big problem is, once you are named as a suspect, if evidence is found, there should be no way it is thrown out. I'm sorry, but pictures of who stabbing the victim (all hypothetical) should not get thrown out because the cop found them on the bathroom sink when he went in your washroom when he was questioning you. To me, its not justice when evidence can be thrown out because of slick lawer-ing.
    Its not slick lawyering. Evidence is tossed when it is obtained illegally.

    Good police know the rules, and if they follow them..no problems.

  14. #494
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They then killed James Gandofini to create a diversion.
    What...no love for Slim Whitman?

  15. #495
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I am not disagreeing with any of you guys, okay? In AH's case, yes he should have a lawyer. But there are times you might be questioned when, in my opinion, its just not necessary to have a lawyer present.

    Where I have a big problem is, once you are named as a suspect, if evidence is found, there should be no way it is thrown out. I'm sorry, but pictures of who stabbing the victim (all hypothetical) should not get thrown out because the cop found them on the bathroom sink when he went in your washroom when he was questioning you. To me, its not justice when evidence can be thrown out because of slick lawer-ing.
    Why is following the rules of evidence by the defense considered slick and not following the rules of evidence considered good police work? This is one of the reasons the public has a natural distrust of government institutions. The rules of application are in the eye's of the beholder. When clear rules are followed with transparency public trust is restored.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-20-2013 at 09:58 AM.

  16. #496
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Waxin
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Which proves more and more that policing is getting BETTER, not worse.
    Sorry man, you're way off. If anything, all it proves is that science and technology have made advances in forensics. The police had nothing to do with these people's exonerations, and had everything to do with their convictions.

    With all due respect to the honest, hard working members of law enforcement, why do people hold cops on this immaculate pedastal? As if they can do no wrong? This level of naïveté is amazing.
    It is undoubtably an honorable profession, but they're humans like everyone else, and like everyone else, some do what's right, and some do what's wrong.
    They are just as susceptible to corruption and abuse of power (if not possibly moreso) as anyone else.

  17. #497
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    What...no love for Slim Whitman?
    Figured Tony Soprano and the crime lord angle works better here.

  18. #498
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Figured Tony Soprano and the crime lord angle works better here.
    Agreed. Just feeling bad for Slim. He seems forgotten.

  19. #499
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Agreed. Just feeling bad for Slim. He seems forgotten.
    Life is like a box of chocolates.

  20. #500
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    7,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Here's my theory.

    Hernandez and BB were out in the hood bangin' with their homies and Lloyd, a wannabe NFL player approached the group to ask BB how he could get a tryout with the Patriots.

    BB then ripped off the mirror from a car and stabbed Lloyd through the eyeball killing him with a glass shard. The rest of the group then concocted the plan to shoot the dead body in a arm and out through the eyeball wound as a way to cover up the fatal injury and as a gesture of respect towards the Don of a rival criminal enterprise.

    Amirite?
    LOL. Yes, you must be right.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us