Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 25 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Not bad Sonny but you need to add these facts to your scenario:

"Lloyd was found dead in North Attleborough, a mile from the upscale neighborhood where Hernandez lives. Police came to Hernandez's house on Tuesday and left with a box, but it's not known if the NFL star was in any way involved in Lloyd's death. A report out of WBZ-TV in Boston indicated that Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend. Lloyd lived in his uncle's home in Dorchester, which is roughly 35 miles from where his body was found."

Specifically, I'd love to know what the police took out of the house.
    I suppose we will find out eventually, unless Goodell's tendrils reach even farther than we think.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for anything, but has anyone noticed how quiet the chowder-heads (FF2 notwithstanding) are?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    If there is any damning evidence, Goodell has probably destroyed it already after exonerating them based upon not looking at said evidence.
    Fixed

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And were ANY of these people CHARGED with a crime, tried for the crime? let alone convicted of the crime.

WTF do you get this sense that LAWYERS got these people off? Please show where it says that.

You advocate lawyering up because you want attention. Maybe you in some strange way, actually enjoys attention whether it be good or bad?

Once again, my statement holds true..

INNOCENT PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE
    Ok.
    At least 308 people say hello.
    http://www.innocenceproject.org/know/

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Not for anything, but has anyone noticed how quiet the chowder-heads (FF2 notwithstanding) are?
    Maybe they are Tebowing in silent prayer for Hernandez??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Well Steve there is a rather huge difference in potential outcomes if I am wrong vs. if you are wrong.
    Yeah, we have hundreds of guilty people free to commit more crime.....sounds great.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Maybe they are Tebowing in silent prayer for Hernandez??
    A friggin circus up there, I tell you...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Ok.
    At least 308 people say hello.
    http://www.innocenceproject.org/know/
    Which proves more and more that policing is getting BETTER, not worse.
    It's not 1776 anymore. The world, in many ways, has come a long way. There is no advantage to nabbing the wrong guy. Wanna make things better? Stop all the BS about throwing evidence out when guilty people really ARE guilty, and then hold cops liable if in fact they do make wrongful convictions.
    Last edited by CanadaSteve; 06-20-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Prior to the 2010 NFL draft, it was widely known that Aaron Hernandez had failed drug tests while at the University of Florida. That was apparently not the only reason the Patriots tight end fell to the fourth round. Some of Hernandez’s associates in his hometown of Bristol, Conn., were involved in gang activity, according to Sports Illustrated. Multiple NFL personnel sources and a law enforcement official told SI about the off-field concerns. Hernandez was removed from “a lot” of teams’ draft boards prior to being selected in the fourth round by New England, according to the SI report. Multiple former and current teammates vouched for Hernandez to SI, though, saying he has some minor maturity issues on the field, but that he is “a great kid at heart.” A former and current teammate told SI that Hernandez was “having some trouble with his past associates and was seeking distance from them.”

too late
    But as we all know Belichick and the Patriot culture that he created to police itself will take care of AH or anyone else who tries to stray.

Guess that crock of sh1t has been shattered.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The presumption of innocence doesn't mean you aren't guilty. It does mean that there was a basic understanding by the people who designed the system that the system inherently will violate the innocent. Apparently our system was developed by men who thought the innocent have a lot to lose.

You think government institutions don't make mistakes intentionally or just through incompetence? There's a reason people have a basic distrust of large government institutions, they have generally earned that distrust.

When going against the power of the State being represented gives you some level of protection against the inherent corruption and mismanagement that is embedded in it's institutions. That doesn't protect you from evidence that is legally obtained.
    I am not disagreeing with any of you guys, okay? In AH's case, yes he should have a lawyer. But there are times you might be questioned when, in my opinion, its just not necessary to have a lawyer present.

Where I have a big problem is, once you are named as a suspect, if evidence is found, there should be no way it is thrown out. I'm sorry, but pictures of who stabbing the victim (all hypothetical) should not get thrown out because the cop found them on the bathroom sink when he went in your washroom when he was questioning you. To me, its not justice when evidence can be thrown out because of slick lawer-ing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This. I've been practicing law for over 20 years and the number of good, honest police far outnumber the one's that think it is ok to lie if they believe you are guilty. But I'd never be willing to risk my welfare on the odds that the guy questioning me is one of the good guys.
    Why would you? What sense does it make to risk your life on the cop sitting in front of you who is under pressure to come up with a suspect? To not exercise you right to council?

If exercising a right to council p1sses a cop off, thats a cop I wouldn't want to deal with without my lawyer present.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my theory.

Hernandez and BB were out in the hood bangin' with their homies and Lloyd, a wannabe NFL player approached the group to ask BB how he could get a tryout with the Patriots.

BB then ripped off the mirror from a car and stabbed Lloyd through the eyeball killing him with a glass shard. The rest of the group then concocted the plan to shoot the dead body in a arm and out through the eyeball wound as a way to cover up the fatal injury and as a gesture of respect towards the Don of a rival criminal enterprise.

Amirite?
    They then killed James Gandofini to create a diversion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I am not disagreeing with any of you guys, okay? In AH's case, yes he should have a lawyer. But there are times you might be questioned when, in my opinion, its just not necessary to have a lawyer present.

Where I have a big problem is, once you are named as a suspect, if evidence is found, there should be no way it is thrown out. I'm sorry, but pictures of who stabbing the victim (all hypothetical) should not get thrown out because the cop found them on the bathroom sink when he went in your washroom when he was questioning you. To me, its not justice when evidence can be thrown out because of slick lawer-ing.
    Its not slick lawyering. Evidence is tossed when it is obtained illegally.

Good police know the rules, and if they follow them..no problems.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They then killed James Gandofini to create a diversion.
    What...no love for Slim Whitman?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is following the rules of evidence by the defense considered slick and not following the rules of evidence considered good police work? This is one of the reasons the public has a natural distrust of government institutions. The rules of application are in the eye's of the beholder. When clear rules are followed with transparency public trust is restored.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-20-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which proves more and more that policing is getting BETTER, not worse.
    Sorry man, you're way off. If anything, all it proves is that science and technology have made advances in forensics. The police had nothing to do with these people's exonerations, and had everything to do with their convictions.

With all due respect to the honest, hard working members of law enforcement, why do people hold cops on this immaculate pedastal? As if they can do no wrong? This level of naïveté is amazing.
    It is undoubtably an honorable profession, but they're humans like everyone else, and like everyone else, some do what's right, and some do what's wrong.
    They are just as susceptible to corruption and abuse of power (if not possibly moreso) as anyone else.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    What...no love for Slim Whitman?
    Figured Tony Soprano and the crime lord angle works better here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Figured Tony Soprano and the crime lord angle works better here.
    Agreed. Just feeling bad for Slim. He seems forgotten.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Agreed. Just feeling bad for Slim. He seems forgotten.
    Life is like a box of chocolates.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my theory.

Hernandez and BB were out in the hood bangin' with their homies and Lloyd, a wannabe NFL player approached the group to ask BB how he could get a tryout with the Patriots.

BB then ripped off the mirror from a car and stabbed Lloyd through the eyeball killing him with a glass shard. The rest of the group then concocted the plan to shoot the dead body in a arm and out through the eyeball wound as a way to cover up the fatal injury and as a gesture of respect towards the Don of a rival criminal enterprise.

Amirite?
    LOL. Yes, you must be right.