Page 38 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Klomp View Post
    You can ban me if you want.

That will not change the fact that cops are a**holes. All of them. Be they JI members or not.

But, go ahead, ban me. Show everyone what an internet tough guy you are.

Go on. Flex those internet muscles Mr. Mod.

I'll see you later.
    Sounds like you took a plunger in the ass, no most likely not, you would have enjoyed that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    The shame is that after all this laughter, they are still going to win games.
    good one, SAR II

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Respectfully, as a lawyer, I can tell you that these statements sound incredibly naive. Innocent people are arrested and even convicted all the time. Some are even executed. Often it is because they are in te wrong place at the wrong time, Sometimes it is because they have the wrong friends. And people in law enforcement can make mistakes. Sometime on purpose, sometimes not.
    When your a lawyer posting that you should always call one is like a poster named Mangold brother saying Mangold is the best lineman ever.. There is a bit of a bias there.. In general one probably should call a attorney but in my experience I have never done it unless I was charged with a crime.. When I lived in NY I answered the door one day to find 2 detectives with guns pointed at me.. I said I suppose you haven't had any coffee yet this morning come on in..

It seems they were looking for someone that was involved in a murder and he was thought to be dating a dancer that I rented the upstairs apartment to.. I called her down and asked her if she knew the person in question and if she knew how to get in touch with him.. She did and arranged to meet him at a local bar with the detectives along.. They arrested him and they came back to thank me for my help.. Now I may be as nutty as MJ but I always try to help first unless I feel I'm being charged with something.. I suppose if your dealing with a insane officer that may be the way to go but in my experience the other 99% are just doing their job IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Innocent people have NOTHING to hide.

MAYBE if these people actually accommodated the cops and let them do their jobs it would have been much easier for them to CLEAR their names.

It's not rocket science. As much as there is NO perfect crime, there is also NO perfect mistaken prosecution.

DIG DEEPER. Take whatever the f*ck you want. I am INNOCENT GD it!

You want me to take a lie detector test? DONE.

You want my fingerprints? DONE.

You want DNA? DONE.

You want to know my whereabouts? DONE.

You want me in cuffs so an eye witness can get an up close and personal look at me? DONE.

You want to interrogate me? DONE.

Somewhere along the way it sinks in that the cops are barking up the WRONG tree.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    good one, SAR II
    Lol, now that's clever.

Jets Insider VIP
    HI MJ,

still at it with your wild eyed maniacal rant, I see

I'll try later and see if you have returned to sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When your a lawyer posting that you should always call one is like a poster named Mangold brother saying Mangold is the best lineman ever.. There is a bit of a bias there.. In general one probably should call a attorney but in my experience I have never done it unless I was charged with a crime.. When I lived in NY I answered the door one day to find 2 detectives with guns pointed at me.. I said I suppose you haven't had any coffee yet this morning come on in..

It seems they were looking for someone that was involved in a murder and he was thought to be dating a dancer that I rented the upstairs apartment to.. I called her down and asked her if she knew the person in question and if she knew how to get in touch with him.. She did and arranged to meet him at a local bar with the detectives along.. They arrested him and they came back to thank me for my help.. Now I may be as nutty as MJ but I always try to help first unless I feel I'm being charged with something.. I suppose if your dealing with a insane officer that may be the way to go but in my experience the other 99% are just doing their job IMO..
    I think you may have missed the point, which was, if you are a suspect, get a lawyer.

Exactly how many times have you been charged with a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    So much win, chief!
    My favorite PSA from my youth. Its been stuck in my head for 20 years

on another happy note on this happiest group of days for a Jet fan of the entire offseason....

look who's showed up at patsfans.com!!!

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...nes-32754.html
    LMAO

What a schlep!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I think you may have missed the point, which was, if you are a suspect, get a lawyer.

Exactly how many times have you been charged with a crime?
    Was Hernandez charged before he got a lawyer?? I was suspected of being a drug dealer when I was in the Bar Biz(I wasn't) and said fine prove it arrest me.. They didn't but I was a person of interest for a couple of weeks.. MJ was saying if you did nothing wrong why worry??

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    You are Just too much for words,,,, you realy think you have it all figured out, you just do nto get it.
    I just hope for your sake you are not in a possition where some hero cop wants to make an example of some Kid (you) being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You may be an open book, but the mud pit you get dragged thrpough proving your incence, however inocent you are, is a long a deap one. that is all we are all are simply trying to say here.
    WHO gives a sh*t? I certainly don't. I may get dragged through the mud, but I DON'T CARE. I am innocent. SEE?

I've got nothing to hide anyway. They want to search my home? DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Respectfully, as a lawyer, I can tell you that these statements sound incredibly naive. Innocent people are arrested and even convicted all the time. Some are even executed. Often it is because they are in te wrong place at the wrong time, Sometimes it is because they have the wrong friends. And people in law enforcement can make mistakes. Sometime on purpose, sometimes not.
    Have to agree. I used to think that way too when I was younger but now if my wife ever went missing (and Iím innocent of course), you bet your ass Iíd have a lawyer present. Iíve seen way too many cop shows with guys being wrongfully convicted and spending 15-20 years in jail only later to be proven innocent.

They might say youíre not a suspect and we canít help you unless you help us, but that wonít stop them from using everything you say wrong (even innocent mistakes) against you in a court of law.

Silly not to have a lawyer present. Lose in the court of public opinion, keep your freedom.

With that said, this situation is a bit different though...

good one, SAR II
    Where is the great SAR? There is a PSL thread and he is not posting about how smart he is to have row 1 seats...

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

MAYBE if these people actually accommodated the cops and let them do their jobs it would have been much easier for them to CLEAR their names.

It's not rocket science. As much as there is NO perfect crime, there is also NO perfect mistaken prosecution.

You want DNA? DONE.

You want me in cuffs so an eye witness can get an up close and personal look at me? DONE.

Somewhere along the way it sinks in that the cops are barking up the WRONG tree.
    Yes, that should work every time. Sadly it did not work for Tim Masters who fully co-operated with the police, was wrongly convicted of the murder of Peggy Hettrick, and spent 10 years in prison.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/99...m-Masters-Case

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Where is the great SAR? There is a PSL thread and he is not posting about how smart he is to have row 1 seats...

got the banhammer briefly for his constant barrage of Anti-Rex trolling

and then showed up at the 32 Green, Where are you thread at the Hampur to announce that he wasn't banned but has left JI in anger about being banned

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Have to agree. I used to think that way too when I was younger but now if my wife ever went missing (and Iím innocent of course), you bet your ass Iíd have a lawyer present. Iíve seen way too many cop shows with guys being wrongfully convicted and spending 15-20 years in jail only later to be proven innocent.

They might say youíre not a suspect and we canít help you unless you help us, but that wonít stop them from using everything you say wrong (even innocent mistakes) against you in a court of law.

Silly not to have a lawyer present. Lose in the court of public opinion, keep your freedom.

With that said, this situation is a bit different though...
    In that case you would be nuts not to get a lawyer..

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I advocate getting a lawyer because I have seen what can happen to innocent people who don't have lawyers early in an investigation.

Believe it or not, "innocent" people do confess to crimes they didn't commit. Innocent people do make incriminating statements to police.

Google exoneration and you will find stories about people spending years in jail for crimes that they did not do. We have the best justice system in the world. Getting a lawyer is part of that system.
    It's like Jodi Arias! Not fair! If only she knew to get a lawyer she wouldn't have been accused of that murder she didn't do!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

You want DNA? DONE.

As a lawyer and someone whose family is intimately involved in the judicial system, the first thing you do is lawyer up when questioned regarding a major crime. Then you can provide all the information they want with the advice of a lawyer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    As a lawyer and someone whose family is intimately involved in the judicial system, the first thing you do is lawyer up when questioned regarding a major crime. Then you can provide all the information they want with the advice of a lawyer.
    What MJ should have said his way works(most of the time) if you have a clean record.. In cases of murder one should seek a attorney innocent or not if you know even a little bit of what may have happened..

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    It's not a pun when you have to explain it.

Hit and run intelligence! dammit to hell