Page 40 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Get what your saying, if he did it.. We haven't gotten any details.. Let me give u 1 of what could be many senerios AH didnt kill the dude but should get a lawyer.. Lets say 1 of his friends did the dirty, maybe AH didnt witness it but he somehow heard about it after the fact. Maybe the dummies came running to AH house after looking for " what do we do now" help.. I'm not a lawyer but is he required to tell the police then? Is that a crime he didnt? Surely he will not want to rat out his friends, not yet.. Lets say even worse, he witnessed it.. Just by being there even if he didnt know it was going to happen he would atleast be a accomplice to murder.. Surely he is not going to answer all these questions now, he would be dumb to offer all he knows in exchange for nothing. Now after the DA puts together a case against the shooter or shooters, AH has a bargaining chip.. Since he didnt offer his story for free, which would have easily got him charged, he can agree to testify against the shooters if they drop a accomplice charge against him. You def need a lawyer for that.. Or whatever his involved was.. We don't know the details..
    In that scenario (and god forbid it ever does come knocking on my door), I would run to the police and rat my friends the f*ck out.

What kind of friends would they be if they ask me to help them cover up a murder? Not very good friends IMO, and definitely people I need to purge from my existence.

If they told me after the fact that they had murdered someone? I am RUNNING to the police. Because I have this enormous fear of prison. I know that I would be punished like the actual murderer if I knew it had happened and chose to do nothing.

If I witnessed it? I am keeping my mouth shut until the perp is out of my presence and then I am RUNNING to the police.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Just read on KFFL that police plan to charge Hernandez in connection with this murder. No details yet on what those charges will be. Yet, you can bet it will be a lot more serious then being out cold drunk in a dumbly parked car with a small amount of weed.
    This will hang over the Pats season like a dark cloud and you can be sure it will be a huge distraction.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    $40M over the next 5 years on a guy who won't play a down....
    Makes Sanchez's $12M+ this year look like a steal...

Never thought I'd be saying that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    It's not about hiding something. It's about protecting yourself from a system that will grind you up and spit you out in pieces, under the wrong circumstances, even if you happen to be innocent.

Recommended Youtube viewing: "Don't Talk to Cops"...very instructive lecture by a law professor about exactly this topic. He gives equal time to a veteran police detective who goes on to describe, in practical professional terms, why the prof is exactly right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

And in no way is this personal toward cops. They have a job to do. When it comes to an investigation, protecting your rights as a citizen isn't even on their radar. That's your job. And that of your attorney.
    This guy gets it. The job title of the police is not "Friend", it is 'Law Enforcement'. The framers of the Constitution gave you a powerful gift.

Part II is equally interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE
    Last edited by The Boston Patriot; 06-20-2013 at 06:02 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hernandez said in an emotional press conference today that the Patriots have changed him. “You get changed by the Bill Belichick way, you get changed by the Patriot Way,” Hernandez said.

ABC News is reporting that police plan to return to Hernandez’s home on Thursday with another warrant based on evidence that the former Florida Gator “destroyed his home security system.”

The report also states that Hernandez’s cell phone was submitted to police “in pieces” and that a team of house cleaners were hired on Monday to clean the football player’s mansion.

Sounds a lot like the Patriot way to me. Follow that up with a few bribes, and some political pressure, and get a slap on the wrist. Patriot way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    It's not about hiding something. It's about protecting yourself from a system that will grind you up and spit you out in pieces, under the wrong circumstances, even if you happen to be innocent.

Recommended Youtube viewing: "Don't Talk to Cops"...very instructive lecture by a law professor about exactly this topic. He gives equal time to a veteran police detective who goes on to describe, in practical professional terms, why the prof is exactly right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

And in no way is this personal toward cops. They have a job to do. When it comes to an investigation, protecting your rights as a citizen isn't even on their radar. That's your job. And that of your attorney.
    Even if you are never charged because you are innocent, becoming a suspect in a serious criminal investigation is a miserable experience. There are lots of things that can go wrong.

A good lawyer will help a person transition from suspect to witness quickly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Just read on KFFL that police plan to charge Hernandez in connection with this murder. No details yet on what those charges will be. Yet, you can bet it will be a lot more serious then being out cold drunk in a dumbly parked car with a small amount of weed.
    This will hang over the Pats season like a dark cloud and you can be sure it will be a huge distraction.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A little suprised how little coverage I've seen/heard on ESPN/NFL Radio on this story.

Maybe just a fluke of timing, but seems Tebow being signed got more airtime than this is getting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Yes, but will it be worse than shooting yourself in the leg in a nightclub... that's the key question.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    A little suprised how little coverage I've seen/heard on ESPN/NFL Radio on this story.

Maybe just a fluke of timing, but seems Tebow being signed got more airtime than this is getting.

one can only imagine if something this disastrous occurred to a player on the Jets

both of those Belichick buttkissing networks would have been on it like flies on you know what with wall to wall breaking news coverage and commentators and panels every 10 minutes discussing the dysfunctional Jets and calling their team a circus

Patriots?? (30 seconds every two hours) with particular mention that he "isn't considered a suspect" according to police

both of those outlets love their Shats

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Yes, but will it be worse than shooting yourself in the leg in a nightclub... that's the key question.
    Ask DeeDeeDee. Then again, don't. We both know he'll pick the leg.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's astonishing but this news story appeared on NESN

http://nesn.com/2013/06/report-aaron...orida-in-2007/

sounds like the Team Frontrunner is getting the bus wheels lined up for AH

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Patriots Week 1 Injury Report: Aaron Hernandez - Doubtful (Murder)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    it's astonishing but this news story appeared on NESN

http://nesn.com/2013/06/report-aaron...orida-in-2007/

sounds like the Team Frontrunner is getting the bus wheels lined up for AH

Aaron Hernandez‘s possible connection to a North Attleboro, Mass., homicide is dragging up a lot of the tight end’s dirty laundry. Hernandez was questioned about a shooting in 2007 while a student at the University of Florida, according to the Orlando Sentinel. Hernandez was questioned along with three other players, but declined to discuss the situation with reporters at the time. Two men were shot at 2:30 a.m. after a Gators loss to Auburn on Sept. 29. Corey Smith was critically wounded in the head, while Justin Glass was shot in the arm. Hernandez was arrested in a separate situation during his freshman year at Florida while he was still 17 years old, according to the Sentinel. Hernandez turned 18 in November of his freshman season. The arrest took place after an altercation at a campus hangout known as The Swamp. Hernandez received deferred prosecution. Hernandez has been questioned about a North Attleboro murder, according to reports. His house was searched in connection with the case, according to ABC News. He’s also being sued by a former friend after a shooting, according to Greg Bedard of Sports Illustrated. He was also involved in two separate incidents at Providence nightclubs in May and June of this year, according to reports.
    Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/report-aaron...orida-in-2007/

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Very clever. Even to the "doubtful" part. Every player on the Pats is doubtful, per Belli. LOL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Four people leave a bar and three people come home sounds like something out of a TV crime show.

As for a criminal lawyer in a police investigation, Maine, I think that you are being a bit naïve about what the police intentions are when they interview someone. Because of departmental pressures, many officers are under pressure to arrest a suspect rather than fact-find, thus "successfully" closing an investigation.

A criminal lawyer is there for innocent witnesses to make sure they are not tricked into saying something that's not true. It's been proven time and again that innocent people have been coerced into saying incriminating things under police intimidation during police interviews. It happens throughout the country. Police lie during these interviews. That's their standard practice because they want to make people reveal things to them they normally wouldn't.

And, no, this is not besmirching law enforcement. It's a form of checks-and-balance. Mind you, there's a difference between having a lawyer present (which is smart) and being uncooperative (which is dumb unless you're guilty, then you have no choice).
    You are far too level-headed. Ban.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    @onlygators: RT @Bward3: Sources: MSP has video surveillance of NE Patriot Aaron Hernandez returning to home shortly after neighbors heard gunshots.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    So, four men went out, one to be the murdered victim, and only 3 returned that night?

And he's NOT believed to be a suspect?
    Shades of Joe Pesci and Goodfellas

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Hernandez said in an emotional press conference today that the Patriots have changed him. “You get changed by the Bill Belichick way, you get changed by the Patriot Way,” Hernandez said.

ABC News is reporting that police plan to return to Hernandez’s home on Thursday with another warrant based on evidence that the former Florida Gator “destroyed his home security system.”

The report also states that Hernandez’s cell phone was submitted to police “in pieces” and that a team of house cleaners were hired on Monday to clean the football player’s mansion.

Sounds a lot like the Patriot way to me. Follow that up with a few bribes, and some political pressure, and get a slap on the wrist. Patriot way.
    Sounds like the actions of an utterly innocent man.

BTW, is Hernandez dumb enough to think that if you break your cell phone, LE can't determine who you called and when you called them?