Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 49 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. you guys crack me up, but you'll see what I mean.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can pretend to be a head of investigation team. I do not have time to go into details, but trust me - it can be done.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...v6N/story.html

Video shows New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez with homicide victim early Monday morning

Video images taken early Monday morning appear to show New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez together on Fayston Street in Boston with a Dorchester man whose bullet-ridden body was discovered later that day in a North Attleborough industrial park near Hernandez’s house, according to two law enforcement officials
    Police were still at the scene today where Odin Lloyd’s body was discovered. (Jessica Rinaldi for The Boston Globe)

Hernandez, an up-and-coming NFL star, is not cooperating with the police, according to a law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the investigation.

Existence of the video evidence -- and a second video showing Hernandez later that morning in North Attleboro — came to light Thursday as police continued to search the industrial park where the body of Odin L. Lloyd, 27, an acquaintance of Hernandez and a semi-pro football player, was discovered. The source of the videos was not immediately clear.

“He was killed where they found the body,” said one law enforcement official. “He was shot multiple times.”

Investigators have not declared Hernandez a suspect, though police moved swiftly to speak to him after Lloyd was found slain. State police searched Hernandez’s sprawling home on Tuesday. On Wednesday and Thursday they scoured the site where Lloyd was found dead, looking for shell casings, said two officials.

Investigators are trying to discern a possible motive as they continue to work to build a case, said one official.

Reporters have staked out Hernandez’s home for days, as questions continue to build about his connection to Lloyd.

In a surreal scene uncannily reminiscent of OJ Simpson’s infamous white Bronco chase, 19 years ago this week, TV news helicopters on Thursday trailed Hernandez’s white SUV from the sky, following him from his home to Gillette Stadium, in nearby Foxborough, and to his lawyer’s office in Boston. He declined to speak to a surge of media when he stopped at a gas station.

An attorney for Hernandez, Michael Fee, emerged around 8 p.m. from the mall entrance to Ropes & Gray, a law firm in the Prudential Center. As a small group of reporters followed him asking questions, he said his client had left the building, though did not say when. He declined to comment on the substance of the meeting.

Fee did not return a call and email seeking comment.

Meanwhile in Florida, lawyers for a man who claims Hernandez shot him in February, leaving him disfigured and half-blind, re-filed a federal lawsuit seeking damages against the football player. The case, originally filed last week, had been withdrawn on Monday so that an error could be fixed in the text of the complaint. .

Alexander Bradley, 30, of East Hartford, claims in the suit that Hernandez pointed a gun at him after an argument in a Miami strip club and — either intentionally or through negligence — fired.

On Fayston Street, where Lloyd’s family lives at the edge of Blue Hill Avenue, grief arrived in twos and threes as mourners stopped by on Thursday.

His family, which has roots in Antigua, placed several of Lloyd’s sports trophies on the rail of their front porch. A framed photograph set amid the trophies showed Lloyd in blue football uniform with what appears to be the number 82.

Grieving neighbors and family were filled with disbelief and questions about Lloyd’s death and the connection to Hernandez.
    Here goes the theory of accidental weapon discharge.
    Last edited by RussianGreen; 06-21-2013 at 04:37 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Zoinks
    Patriots tried to keep on a right path? I would say "under wraps" and "hide as much as possible". They gave him money, they gave him cover. They are, in some way, accomplices.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winslow to the Pats for three first rounders. Idzik is a genius!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Winslow to the Pats for three first rounders. Idzik is a genius!
    In all reality, Jets TE situation shaping up to be better than Pats situation if Gronk goes on the PUP.

Regarding the gunshots, a .22 isn't as loud as conventional calibers. I'm curious as to what gun/firearm was used here. I'm skeptical that the neighbors heard "gunshots" a mile away if a .22 was used. I think it was done in the house, hence the cleaning crew. Why would he want to scrub fingerprints? The connection is easy there? He'd have to scrub the prints in the Suburban as well.

A .22 is a good execution weapon because it is easily suppressed.

If true in the article, Hernandez, and/or his cohorts are even more stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Here goes the theory of accidental weapon discharge.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9PTsDbN1I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    A friend of my ex brother in laws cousin worked at a pizzeria with a kid who's uncle is working on the investigation.

No news, thats it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZd_YyFzPD0

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I can't name him here, but it appears Hernandez was the trigger man, take it for what it's worth, they're building the case, but Hernandez is going down.
    Anything posted at that wee hour of the morning has to be true IMHO.

Hope he gets life plus 25 years and the investigation implicates Belichick, Kraft, Gronkowski, Brady and Jizibella as accomplices too

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard on 98.5 Sports Hub/WBZ News in Boston that Hernandez had a warrant issued for his arrest and Obstruction of Justice is the most serious charge

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link per CBS

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/2...ron-hernandez/

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a report that the Florida case involving Clazzy Patriot Hernandez was dropped as a criminal investigation by authorities because Bradley the victim refused at that time to cooperate and identity his assailant, Hernandez, the Patriot murderer

Thus the civil suit now

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Just heard on 98.5 Sports Hub/WBZ News in Boston that Hernandez had a warrant issued for his arrest and Obstruction of Justice is the most serious charge

That might be what they use to bring him in initially. But the charges can be upgraded at any time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    This is not a matter of a case by case basis. If you are innocent, you have the right to cooperate with the police, and it will help you appear innocent. However the police cannot be given the right to search without cause, and they must without exception, follow procedure. I often find it infuriating that police, and prosecutors only seem to care about convictions, and not about justice.The police do a dangerous job, with little reward. They see the worst of society, and can become bitter, and judgmental. They often assume everyone is guilty. You cannot put it past them to fabricate a little evidence in the name of expedience.

It's also a matter of starting down a slope that will never end. Lose one right at a time, all in the name of public safety. It starts with murder suspects, and could easily go to someone that may like to go hunting. Remember also that the police work for politicians. That's why these "rights" were demanded by the founding fathers to be absolute, and for everyone. We must fight and die to protect the freedoms of people we disagree with, or are even disgusted by. Kind of like smokers being (obscenely) unfairly taxed. Who will be outraged about that? Well I would, because so it begins, and who will care when it's me being abused, and not them?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ;Ben Franklin

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery (Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.) ;Thomas Jefferson
    So says you. If you're trying to convince me to change my ways and start having a lawyer on speed dial, it's never going to happen.

I guess what's really coming out of this is that none of you really knows how to steer clear of trouble? I always have. If I see someone even a close friend doing something that could land me in a bad situation I get the f*ck out of there.

And that's really what I feel all of you are finding hard to grasp. Don't hang out with scumbags. It's that simple.

And like I already posted, when it comes to lawyering up because you think it is the important thing to do, don't hold your breath for me to do the same.

Innocent people have NOTHING to hide.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not so sure Charlie.

There appear to be equally as many chowds defending Hernandez, the Murderer. There's this one clown, Joker, for instance, (who by the way, seems to be uncomfortably familiar with the penitentiary system) who is now blaming the media and Jet fans for unfairly persecuting poor Aaron and the great, honest and ethical Patriot organization

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    It's not about hiding something. It's about protecting yourself from a system that will grind you up and spit you out in pieces, under the wrong circumstances, even if you happen to be innocent.

Recommended Youtube viewing: "Don't Talk to Cops"...very instructive lecture by a law professor about exactly this topic. He gives equal time to a veteran police detective who goes on to describe, in practical professional terms, why the prof is exactly right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

And in no way is this personal toward cops. They have a job to do. When it comes to an investigation, protecting your rights as a citizen isn't even on their radar. That's your job. And that of your attorney.
    Yes, it most certainly is. GUILTY people hide things.

WHY? Because they are GUILTY and they do not want to get caught.

Innocent people do not care about hiding things because they KNOW they are INNOCENT.

So I don't care about your youtube video. I've always spoken to the cops in a polite tone and found that they are (with installed exceptions) just trying to do there job.

They are not INTERESTED in framing people. They want to catch the REAL guy. The guy that actually has blood on his hands. They are NOT interested in convictions. They would NEVER want to be falsely imprisoned and therefore they do NOT want to do it to anyone else.

I can't believe this outpouring of OJ Simpson disciples.

INNOCENT people have NOTHING to hide..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have no act, schtick or agenda
    I agree. DDNY just tries to be objective in what he's saying. That's not a crime. But apparently on JI it is a crime. Go figure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back on topic..

No one could possibly think that AH is the sharpest knife in the drawer, patsy fans?

This kis is doing everything he can to make himself look guilty as hell if these reports are actually true. And all this is doing is fueling the cops pursuit. Regardless, of what he thinks he's destroying the cops will get it anyway.

At this point, this can only lead to one conclusion. AH is going to walk the plank for something. He is definitely guilty of something.

On the league front, you posters can say anything you want. AH is going to pay the price with Goodell. If it is something far less serious than murder, like say obstruction of justice? Like so many here think it could be?

AH's a$$ will be grass and Goodell will be the lawnmower.

And it's absolutely shocking to me that AH cannot realize the cause/effect of his actions before he actually committed them. He actually had NO idea that he had the world by the short and curlies if he only just steered the f*ck out of the way of situations like this? He couldn't have.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That might be what they use to bring him in initially. But the charges can be upgraded at any time.
    Exactly what they were saying (WBZ Boston)..... the moment he handed over a cell phone and home security system, each in multiple pieces, it was a given he would be charged with Obstruction of Justice.

The charges can be upgraded or added on to anytime during the investigation.... this is just what he will be initially charged with.

Last edited by PaPZ187; 06-21-2013 at 07:27 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's ruined his career and person is dead. He's not just dumb, he's a rotten human piece of excrement unless there's something that changes what this looks like significantly. It doesn't matter what team he plays for, if he (at the very least) is obstructing justice while that young man's family grieves the death of their son/brother/etc, he's a POS.